Appearance of the Dancers
The routine is performed by a woman and a man. They both have black hair, are dressed in 1990's era fashion, and have black and white outlines.
P1's hair is styled in a braided ponytail with a blue streak in it and tied with a yellow scrunchie. She wears a long-sleeved yoga shirt with a turtle neck. The top contains yellow, purple, blue, and pink and her sleeves have different colors, with the left sleeve in pink and the right sleeve in orange. She also wears a pair of pink ripped shorts with a black belt in it, red knee-high socks, and orange and blue chunky sneakers with black laces and white soles.
P2 has black, middle-parted hair with a light red cap. He wears a windbreaker hoodie, with the top half blue and the bottom half red while a yellow stripe separates them. He also wears a purple undershirt, dark blue jeans and a pair of yellow and purple sneakers with white soles.
The background consists of cartoon versions of various items from the 1990s, such as 3D stars and thunderbolts.
In the beginning and the ending of the routine, the background consists of a dark blue background and 3D thunderbolts with blue, red, yellow, and green cassettes changing their color along with the beat.
In the verses, it changes to a white background with 3D stars. In the first verse, pink and red game consoles float around the background, and in the second verse, blue and red headphones float instead of game consoles.
In the pre-chorus, it changes to a red background, a number of headphones that are line up in a tunnel direction, they change their colors from yellow to blue, also they can rotate themselves either one by one or all of them.
Before the chorus starts, several Game Boys (with the word 1999 on them), cassettes, and speakers appear, making a transition to the chorus.
There are 2 Gold Moves in this routine:
Gold Move 1: While facing your partner, put your arms in a shrugging position.
Gold Move 2: Like Gold Move 1, but put your legs together, put your arms down, and get closer to your partner.
- 1999 is the fourth song by Charli XCX in the series.
- 1999 is the second song by Troye Sivan in the series.
- The song references ...Baby One More Time.
- The background and ambient sounds for the song are the ones that were used for BBoom BBoom with some little changes.
- In the menu assets, P2’s cap is light orange instead of light red.
- P2’s glove often glitches from pink to gray.
- In a series of pictograms labeled "shakebody", one is misspelt as "shakebaody."
- The menu icon was first seen in the Just Dance Unlimited advert for Just Dance 2020, before the official announcement of the song.
- The Ubisoft Brasil channel has an unlisted preview for 1999.
- The coaches make a cameo in Girls Like.
Official Music Video
- File:1999 menu colors.png
- File:1999 misspelt pictogram.PNG
|Read in Other Languages|
|Deutsch • Español • Français • Italiano • Português • Português do Brasil • Polski • Pусский • Română • Tagalog • Türkçe • 中文 • 日本語|