Appearance of the Dancers
The routine is performed by a dance crew in Halloween-themed costumes in a theatrical fashion. They have a yellow faded outline.
P1 is a man with yellow hair in large curls on each side of the head. He also has sharp ears and black sharp fingernails. He wears a light blue Victorian-style ruffle shirt, with a black glittery vest overtop. On the cuffs on his sleeves. there are orange bands and his vest contains orange buttons, with an orange chain attached to one of the buttons. He also wears a red Victorian cape with a high collar that is held in the front by an orange broach with a purple gem. He wears purple slacks and black pointed-toed shoes.
P2 is a woman with a curly half-red and half-blue hairstyle, with a small black hat with a purple feather and rose on it. She has a black dramatic makeup, which consists of large running eyeshadows and a lipstick. Stitches were painted on her neck, left upper arm and right thigh. She wears a purple glittery top with thick orange bandages on her left lower arm and right upper arm. She also wears a yellow ruffled skirt with black outlines that is designed asymmetrically, revealing her black undergarments on the right side. She also wears a pair of black and purple striped over-the-knee socks with various holes and small purple ribbons on the sides and black kitten heels with a red strap and accents.
P3 is a man with a light blue, skin-tight suit that goes around the head and covers the body, hands, and feet. The suit has a purple stylized glittery skeleton print on it.
P4 is a female magenta humanoid creature. Its head contains only a single eye and tentacles on its mouth. It also has a pair of bat wings on its back, long tentacles for arms and darker pink sharp nails on their toes. Its right tentacle is painted light blue for motion controller guidance reasons.
The routine takes place on a Halloween themed stage. There is a skeleton in the center reciting the lyrics. Backup dancers (which look like P3) appear occasionally in the background of the stage. Clouds appear in different colors throughout the song.
During one of the chorus parts, a house appears with a "WELCOME" banner in the background and several more background dancers.
There are 2 Gold Moves for each dancer in this routine:
Gold Move 1 (P1 and P3): Jump and swing your arms in a wide vertical circle twice.
Gold Move 1 (P2 and P4): Move your arms in circles by your side and kick your legs out one at a time.
Gold Move 2:
- P1: Throw your arms out to the right.
- P2: Throw your arms up.
- P3: Bending your right knee, lean to the right and hold your right arm out parallel to your body.
- P4: Hold your right arm up by your head and your left arm in front of your chest.
Appearances in Playlists
Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life is featured in the following playlists:
Just Dance 2020
- The Poppin' 90s
- Simple Dances
- Trios and Quartets
- Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life is the fifth song in the series to be covered by Frankie Bostello.
- “Life’s a piece of s**t” is replaced with “Life can hurt a bit”.
- This line is left unchanged in international previews, due to the preview not playing the cover.
- The version used in-game is based off the version heard in Spamalot.
- Despite the song being from 1979 (and the cover being based on the 2004 version), the routine is featured in The Poppin’ 90s playlist.
- This could be because the second reissue of the song was released in 1991.
- P3 and P4 appear in the background of Skibidi.
- P2’s hair and skirt sometimes glitches, with parts changing to black and purple respectively.
- The following aomalies can be spotted on some pictograms:
- In the first one, P3 and P4s’ left arms are slightly off-centered compared to their shoulders.
- In the second one, P3’s left hand blends with P2’s right shoulder.
- In the third one, P3’s right shoulder is distorted.
- In the fourth one, P2’s right arm is slightly deformed.
- In the fifth one, P2’s right arm is slightly dislocated from the shoulder.
- In the original international previews, the pictogram bar used its default color. After the teasers were reuploaded, the bar color was changed to cobalt blue.
- In the preview thumbnail, the colors on P2’s hair are swapped.
- Playing Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life three times in Just Dance 2020 unlocks the Just Dance Machine aliens sticker.
- The Video Gallery uses the original version instead of the cover.
- While technically being the same, Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life is featured in the Trios and Quartets playlists offline, but not The more the merrier playlist online.
Behind the Scenes
|Read in Other Languages|
|Deutsch • Español • Français • Italiano • Português • Português do Brasil • Polski • Pусский • Română • Tagalog • Türkçe • 中文 • 日本語|