"Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life" by Monty Python (covered by The Frankie Bostello Orchestra in-game) is featured on all versions of Just Dance 2020 except the Wii version. It is also featured on Just Dance Now and Just Dance Unlimited.
- 1 Appearance of the Dancers
- 2 Background
- 3 Gold Moves
- 4 Appearances in Playlists
- 5 Trivia
- 6 Gallery
- 7 Videos
- 8 References
- 9 Site Navigation
Appearance of the Dancers
The routine is performed by a dance crew in Halloween-themed costumes in a theatrical fashion. They have a yellow faded outline.
P1 is a man that resembles a vampire. He has blonde hair in large curls on each side of the head. He also has sharp ears and black sharp fingernails. He wears a light blue Victorian-style ruffle shirt, with a black glittery vest overtop. On the cuffs on his sleeves. there are orange bands and his vest contains orange buttons, with an orange chain attached to one of the buttons. He also wears a red Victorian cape with a high collar that is held in the front by an orange broach with a purple gem. He wears purple slacks and black pointed-toed shoes.
P2 is a woman with a curly half-red and half-cyan shoulder length hairstyle, with a small black hat with a purple feather and rose on it. She has a black dramatic makeup, which consists of large running eyeshadows and a lipstick. Stitches were painted on her neck, left upper arm and right thigh. She wears a purple glittery top with thick orange bandages on her left lower arm and right upper arm. She also wears a yellow ruffled skirt with black outlines that is designed asymmetrically, revealing her black undergarments on the right side. She also wears a pair of black and purple striped over-the-knee socks with various holes and small purple ribbons on the sides and black kitten heels with a red strap and accents.
P3 is a man with a light blue, skin-tight suit that goes around the head and covers the body, hands, and feet. The suit has a purple stylized glittery skeleton print on it.
P4 is a female magenta, Cthulhu-like, humanoid creature. Her head contains a single eye and tentacles on her mouth. She also has a pair of bat wings on her back, long tentacles for arms and darker pink sharp nails on their toes and her right tentacle is painted light blue for motion controller guidance.
The routine takes place on a Halloween-themed stage. There is a skull in the center reciting the lyrics with a nest of birds tweeting when the singers whistle when the top of its head opens, backup dancers (which look like P3) appear occasionally in the background of the stage, and clouds appear in different colors throughout the song.
During the fifth chorus, a house appears with a "WELCOME" banner in the background and several more backup dancers.
There are 2 Gold Moves for each dancer in this routine:
Gold Move 1 (P1 and P3): Jump and swing your arms in a wide vertical circle twice.
Gold Move 1 (P2 and P4): Move your arms in circles by your side and kick your legs out one at a time.
Gold Move 2:
- P1: Throw your arms out to the right.
- P2: Throw your arms up.
- P3: Bending your right knee, lean to the right and hold your right arm out parallel to your body.
- P4: Hold your right arm up by your head and your left arm in front of your chest.
Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life is featured in the following playlists:
Just Dance 2020
Just Dance Now
- Dance Therapy!
- The Fam Jam!
- Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life is the fifth song in the series to be covered by Frankie Bostello.
- In international previews, the original version was played instead of the cover. This marks the fourth time a preview plays an original version instead of a cover, after Only You (And You Alone), Footloose, and Le Bal Masqué.
- The previews were later reuploaded on November 5, 2019, with the cover played.
- “Life’s a piece of s**t” is replaced with “Life can hurt a bit”.
- This did not happen in the first previews uploaded to Just Dance’s YouTube channels, as the original version was used.
- The version used in-game is based off the version heard in Spamalot.
- The version released in the Just Dance 2020 soundtrack and Just Dance (Original Creations & Covers from the Video Game) uses a slightly different version of the song: the first chorus adds, "You give it a try" and "Life can hurt a bit" is replaced with "Life’s a counterfeit".
- Despite the song being from 1979 (and the cover being based on the 2004 version), the routine is featured in the playlist "The Poppin’ 90s". This could be because the second reissue of the song was released in 1991.
- The Video Gallery uses the version from Spamalot instead of the cover and the Just Dance Now preview uses the uncovered and uncensored version of the song.
- Despite being unavailable in 舞力全开, Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life can be briefly seen in the song selection menu in the release trailer for the game.
- The coaches have much thicker outlines in the menu assets than in the actual routine.
- P2’s hair and skirt sometimes glitch with parts of them changing to black and purple respectively.
- The following errors can be spotted on some pictograms:
- On the first one, P3 and P4s’ left arms are slightly off-centered compared to their shoulders.
- On the second one, P3’s left hand blends with P2’s right shoulder.
- On the third one, P3’s right shoulder is distorted.
- On the fourth one, P2’s right arm is slightly deformed.
- On the fifth one, P2’s right arm is slightly dislocated from the shoulder.
- Despite technically being the same, Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life is featured in the "Trios and Quartets" playlists offline, but not in "The more the merrier" online.
- In the original international previews, the pictogram bar used its default color. After the teasers were reuploaded, the bar color was changed to cobalt blue.
- In the preview thumbnail, the colors on P2’s hair are swapped.
- Playing Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life three times in Just Dance 2020 unlocks the Just Dance Machine aliens sticker.
- The background dancer and P4 appear in the background of Skibidi.
- The routine makes a cameo in a television in La Respuesta.
- P4 makes a cameo in the background of Space Cat.
Behind the Scenes
|Read in Other Languages|
|Deutsch • Español • Français • Italiano • Português • Português do Brasil • Polski • Pусский • Română • Tagalog • Türkçe • 中文 • 日本語|