|This article is about the song by Estelle and Kanye West. You may be looking for the song by Bonnie McKee with a similar name.|
"American Boy" by Estelle ft. Kanye West was featured on Just Dance 2 as a downloadable track but became unavailable for purchase following the shutdown of the Wii Shop Channel in January 2019. The song remains playable on Just Dance: Summer Party. It can also be found in the Just Dance Unlimited files.
Appearance of the Dancers
P1 has purple and pink hat fedora, a beige vest, white shirt and pink tie underneath, beige jeans with a pink belt and a small chain, and white and pink shoes.
P2 has purple hair in a bun, beige earrings, a purple dress with pink ruffles and a pink rose, a pink band around her waist, and pink and purple strapped heels.
In the remake, he wears a navy blue and yellow-orange fedora. He has a yellow tie and brown suit with navy blue accents. A chain around his waist, and yellow and white sneakers.
In the remake, her hair and dress are now blue, her earrings are brown, and her heels are blue and yellow and brown. Her pink attributes from her dress are now yellow.
Just Dance 2
The background is a downtown highway with moving silhouetted buildings with an overlay of an equalizer visualization. Silhouettes of signs also appear. The sky has an orange glow, as if it were sunrise/sunset. Different colored wavy lines appear in front of the coaches.
Just Dance: Summer Party
In Just Dance: Summer Party, the equalizer from the buildings and the reflection of the background are removed.
In the remake, light poles and traffic signs are added to the background. The lights in the buildings are now turquoise and yellow.
There are 3 Gold Moves in this routine:
Gold Move 1: Curve your back slightly while pushing your arms behind your back.
Gold Moves 2 and 3: Punch the ground twice with your right hand while crouching down and putting your left hand on your left leg.
American Boy appears in the following Mashups:
- What Is Love (Icebreakers) (Remake)
- "F**k" is censored.
- "Jeans", "hell", and "But I’mma like what's underneath them" are censored in Just Dance: Extra Songs. However, none of these words were censored in Just Dance 2, Just Dance: Summer Party, or in the remake.
- This is the first time in the series which a full line is censored.
- The lyrics do not display an ellipsis (...) for censored lyrics. When "hell" is censored, it is replaced with a gap.
- The lyric "Ribena, I know what you're drinkin’" is misinterpreted as "Rappin’"/"I know what you’re drinkin'".
- The line "I’ll show you to my brethren" is misinterpreted as "I'll show you to my bedroom".
- During the production of the downloadable track, both of the pictograms were purple and the meters were different.
- There is a glitch in the shop on Just Dance 2 involving this song: when choosing to download Firework, the short preview shows the routine for this song and not the correct one. This can happen in both of the NTSC and PAL shop.
- In a picture of a beta-development routine, the pictograms from Chicken Payback are used.
- In the trailer for Just Dance: Summer Party/Extra Songs, the dancer for Pump Up The Volume is shown dancing in front of the background for this routine.
- When the coaches do Gold Moves 2 and 3, P1’s hat and P2’s hair gets lighter. This is probably because of the gradient of the dancer’s clothes.
Official Music Video & Audio
|Read in Other Languages|
|Deutsch • Español • Français • Italiano • Português • Português do Brasil • Polski • Pусский • Română • Tagalog • Türkçe • 中文 • 日本語|