Appearance of the Dancer
The coach is a young woman that seems to be a hippie. She has magenta hair, a bandana, a tank top, a blue vest, blue-and-purple pants, a pink-and-yellow belt and white-and-purple sneakers, and a yellow glove. She has a sky blue outline.
In the remake, she looks very different as she now has a different color scheme. Her hair is orange and her tanktop is yellow, her bandana is hot pink, her vest is now purple and pink, her pants are now purple, her belt is now yellow and blue, and her sneakers are now white-and-yellow. She appears to have a darker shade of blue for her outline. She also looks more realistic and her glove is now blue.
The background is like an alley with a multicolored map of the United States on the wall, flower symbols, and direction signs.
Are You Gonna Go My Way has an unlockable Sweat Mashup on Just Dance 3.
- I Was Made For Lovin’ You (Sweat Version)
- Futebol Crazy
- I Was Made For Lovin' You (Sweat Version)
- Are You Gonna Go My Way
- Are You Gonna Go My Way [GM]
There are 2 Gold Moves in this routine:
Gold Move 1: Punch with both of your arms twice.
Gold Move 2: Put your right arm up with a peace sign.
There is 1 Gold Move in the Mashup:
Gold Move: Punch with both of your arms twice. (Are You Gonna Go My Way)
Are You Gonna Go My Way is featured in the following Mashups:
Are You Gonna Go My Way appears in the following playlists:
Just Dance 3
Are You Gonna Go My Way appears in Puppet/Party Master Modes. Here are the captions attributed to her dance moves:
- Hi All
- Hippie Cheers
- Hippie Groove
- Hippie Plane
- Hippie Swim
- In the preview gameplay, the song title is written as "Are You Going My Way".
- However, it is kept the same in the video title.
- On the Xbox 360 version of the routine, near the end, there is an incorrect Gold Move pictogram: it shows a move that is actually not supposed to be a Gold Move. The Gold Move effect accompanies the pictogram but the move is not counted as a Gold Move. This makes the Xbox 360 version of Are You Gonna Go My Way the second routine where a Gold Move does not give any points, after Proud Mary (in every game until Just Dance: Greatest Hits/Best Of).
- In Just Dance 3, the coach’s mouth glitches for four seconds at the end of the routine.
- Despite the song being released in 1993, the routine is included in the Just Dance 3 playlist "Oldies But Goldies". This could have happened because of the way the dancer is designed.
- On Xbox 360, a pictogram fades away before its related move is performed, and some pictograms slide faster than others.
- Sometimes, a glitch happens on the Xbox 360, which makes Gold Move 2 not count.
- In the menu assets for the remake, the coach’s glove is more blue than blue-purple.
- In the remake, some pictograms have reversed duplicates.
- Are You Gonna Go My Way’s Sweat Mashup is the only one in Just Dance 3 where the original coach appears.
- Are You Gonna Go My Way (Sweat Mashup) is the final unlockable Sweat Mashup in Just Dance 3.
- Are You Gonna Go My Way (Sweat Mashup) is the only Mashup in Just Dance 3 to not have the starting dancer in the middle of the icon. In fact, Futebol Crazy is in the middle instead of Satisfaction (Isak Original Extended).
- Futebol Crazy’s Beta color scheme appears in the Sweat Mashup, but only for the Xbox 360 version. For the Wii and PS3 versions, only the pictogram color is changed (from green to purple).
- Also, in the Kinect version, there are no balls coming from anywhere.
- In the Mashup, the pictograms for Are You Gonna Go My Way are in a darker shade of blue.
- Some Beta pictograms for Venus are used in the Sweat Mashup.
Behind the Scenes
Official Music Video