The song also has an alternate routine titled "Tomato Version".
On the 8th-generation console and Nintendo Switch versions of Just Dance 2018, Automaton was one of fifteen songs to be playable from the beginning.
- 1 Appearance of the Dancer
- 2 Background
- 3 Gold Moves
- 4 Appearances in Playlists
- 5 Trivia
- 6 Gallery
- 7 Videos
- 8 References
- 9 Site Navigation
Appearance of the Dancer
The dancer is a humanoid robot with a helmet-like head. He is primarily yellow with a black face and torso. While yellow, his body flashes pink. He changes to a black base color, where he flashes pink, blue, and green.
The background is primarily composed of turquoise computer hardware. The dancer's platform is a pointed, circular turquoise gear. The hardware flashes as the dancer spirals inward. It then spirals into some neon-lit squares, which are doors that open to the dancer's figure spinning. He then gets into a dark room with blue square and circle-shaped vents, which he spirals in to. During the bridge, he transports into a warehouse with motionless clones of him.
There are 3 Gold Moves in this routine:
Gold Moves 1 and 2: Spin your right forearm out to the right in a punching motion.
Gold Move 3: Put both your arms out at a right angle.
Automaton is featured in the following playlists:
Just Dance 2018
Just Dance 2019
- Electro Beats
- Just Dance 2018
- High Voltage
Just Dance Now
- Wacky Coaches!
- Just Dancers...Assemble!
- All Songs A-E
- Automaton is the second song by Jamiroquai in the series.
- "Junkie" is censored.
- The following mistakes are present in the lyrics:
- "Am I love?" is misinterpreted as "In my love".
- "Where they've given me" is misinterpreted as "When they've given me".
- "I steal the moon on silver nights" is misinterpreted as "I steal the moon on summer nights".
- "My soul is null and void tonight" is misinterpreted as "My soul is numb and for tonight".
- "And cry for freedom" is misinterpreted as "In claws of freedom".
- "And tilt my head towards the sun" is misinterpreted as "And turn my head towards the sun".
- "Feel like a man who fell to Earth"/"But this is not where I belong" is misinterpreted as "Feel like a man who said to us"/"That this is not where I belong".
- In the Tomato Version, the audio is shortened at the beginning and the end, cutting out during the line "You know I need something I can hold onto", but it was not the case in the Classic routine.
- This marks the first time two different routines for the same song have alterations in the in-game audio.
- Automaton is the first Solo routine where the pictograms have black arrows. In previous games, when the glove color was black (such as Hit 'Em Up Style (Oops!) and Rock N Roll), the pictograms' arrows were a different color.
- During the first few parts of the routine, the coach’s glove is missing.
- Although the forward and backward arrow for pictograms had been redesigned before the announcement of Just Dance 2018, four of Automaton’s use the old version.
- In the E3 announcement video, the pictogram have their default colors and the background is more greenish than black.
- In the UK preview gameplay, the pictogram for Gold Moves 1 and 2 is more saturated. In the final game, it has the typical Gold Move pictogram color.
- In Just Dance Now and Just Dance Unlimited, the audio in the Classic version does not fade out.
- The coach appears in the background of Fire as part of the character selection screen.
Behind the Scenes
Official Music Video
|Read in Other Languages|
|Deutsch • Español • Français • Italiano • Português • Português do Brasil • Polski • Pусский • Română • Tagalog • Türkçe • 中文 • 日本語|