As the most played song ever on Just Dance Unlimited, Baby Shark was made free to play for one week from June 17, 2021, to June 24, 2021, as a part of the reveal of Just Dance 2022.
- 1 Appearance of the Dancers
- 2 Background
- 3 Gold Moves
- 4 Appearances in Playlists
- 5 Trivia
- 6 Gallery
- 7 Videos
- 8 References
- 9 Site Navigation
Appearance of the Dancers
The routine is performed as a duet. The coaches have thin black and white outlines in full opacity.
P1 is a girl with black hair in a low bun. She wears a light pink shell cap, a light pink and purple sweater with a zigzag pattern embroidered on it, and a pair of yellow shorts with light pink leggings. She is barefoot.
P2 is Pinkfong's mascot. He is a pink fox with dark reddish purple eyes and wears a yellow crown and necklace. He also has a yellow star on his chest.
The background emulates the official music video. The Pinkfong logo and the words "Baby Shark Dance" appear at the start of the routine. The routine starts with both dancers looking around with a shadow of a shark upon them as the song starts, and the background transforms into a cartoon underwater landscape. Cartoon sharks of different colors swim side by side, each one represented by the lyrics; Baby Shark is small and yellow, Mommy Shark is medium-sized and pink, Daddy Shark is big and blue, Grandma Shark is orange and has reading glasses, and Grandpa Shark is pale green with wrinkles, a small white beard, and big white eyebrows.
The scenery changes colors through each verse and may feature an animal in the center. It starts off as blue without an animal, and in order changes to yellow with a starfish, green with a turtle, purple with a clam shell, red with an urchin, and black to blue without an animal. When the song speeds up, all the sharks chase after the coaches. During the chase, the background is first seen as purple and afterwards, shown as blue showing the shark chase in facial direction as the Baby Shark opens its mouth wide, as if to eat the dancers.
Then the scenery changes to another landscape where there are two orange sea corals that glow partially. A rock with seaweed bounces to the beat while the Shark Family appears, and they are apparently dancing and laughing at the end.
There is 1 Gold Move in this routine:
Gold Move (P1): Duck with your hands together above your head.
Gold Move (P2): Duck with your hands together below your head, near your chest.
Baby Shark is featured in the following playlists:
Just Dance 2020
- 15-Minute Soft Workout
- 30-Minute Soft Workout
- Beastly Beats
- Fave Friends
- Anyone Can Dance!
- Just Dance 2020 Hits
- Crazy Costumes
- Must Dance 2020
Just Dance Now
- Dancin' Underwater!
- Dance Essentials!
- Got the Groove!
- Heal the Planet!
- Wacky Coaches!
- Deep Sea Dancin'
- Just Dance From Home!
- It’s Time To Dance!
- Kids Corner
- All Songs A-E
- At 1:36, Baby Shark is the shortest song on Just Dance 2020, as well as the shortest song in the main series.
- The version of Baby Shark used in the game is one that omits all interpolations of the piece commonly known as New World Symphony. This version of the song has been licensed to other music titles including BanG Dream! Girls Band Party!.
- Additionally, unlike other appearances of this version of the recording, the intro has had 4 measures where the guitar pattern is introduced trimmed.
- Baby Shark has the most-viewed gameplay preview on the justdancegame channel. As of September 26, 2021, it has over 13 million views.
- The Ubisoft Brasil channel has two unlisted previews for Baby Shark.
- P1 has a similar outfit to the one shown in the dance-along version of the music video.
- The background and P2 are also inspired by the music video.
- Many of the pictograms reference the lyrics to the song.
- Four of them misspell the word "grandma" as "granma" in their names.
- 847 people broke a world record in Quebec by dancing to this song.
- Playing Baby Shark three times in Just Dance 2020 unlocks the Kiss You surfboard sticker.
- P2 is featured in the "Just Dance from Home!" notification in Just Dance Now.
- As of June 2021, Baby Shark is the most-frequently played song on Just Dance Unlimited.
Behind The Scenes
Official Music Video
|Read in Other Languages|
|Deutsch • Español • Français • Italiano • Português • Português do Brasil • Polski • Pусский • Română • Tagalog • Türkçe • 中文 • 日本語|