"Barbie Girl" by Aqua (covered by Countdown Dee’s Hit Explosion in the series) is featured on Just Dance 2 (as a downloadable track), Just Dance: Summer Party, Just Dance: Best Of, Just Dance: Greatest Hits, and Just Dance Unlimited.
Appearance of the Dancers
P1 looks like a 50’s Barbie. As seen in the beginning and end of the routine in games before the remake, her name is Dolly. She has orange hair, a necklace with a light blue bow tie, pink tiara, and a hot pink dress with orange/red spots on it. She has a light blue glove, and pink heels with light blue bow ties on it. In her remake, she has a more plastic-like texture.
P2 looks like Ken. As seen in the beginning and end of the routine in games before the remake, his name is Dan. He has orange hair, a hot pink collar, light blue coat/jacket with a white zip, orange sleeves, hot pink glove, white shorts, long aqua socks, and orange and white sneakers. In his remake he has a plastic-like texture.
The dancers are standing behind a pink photo frame that reads "Dolly & Dan," which quickly moves away to reveal the background. This background consists of a gray wall with a piece of cardboard taped on the wall. The cardboard acts as a mural depicting a resemblance of a Barbie playset. The time appears to be night, as there is a hot pink sky with glowing stars. A swimming pool consists of the majority of the bottom, while behind it consists of light greeen grass. To the right is a large pink dollhouse, a brown pavement near the house, and grey and pink trees that look like lollipops around the sides of the house. To the left is a white fence. Far off in the distance is a light pink hill, and on top of it is a sign that says "HOLYTOCH." Whatever is not on the cardboard are two inflatable coconut trees, an inflatable blue dolphin and a bouncing volleyball. At the end, the photo frame reappears to frame the dancers.
There are 3 Gold Moves for each coach in this routine:
All Gold Moves: Touch the other dancer’s shoulder as shown in the pictograms. P2 does it before P1.
Barbie Girl appears in the following Mashup:
- The following mistakes and changes are present in the song’s lyrics:
- "Dolly" is spelled as "Dollie" in all the games prior to the remake.
- Before the remake, several punctuation marks (like commas) were added in several lines.
- Prior to the remake, one line reads "Ooh ooh ooh" every time it is sung. In the remake, the line is changed to "Ooh whoah ooh!".
- On the Xbox 360 version of Just Dance: Greatest Hits one of the song’s lyrics is written as "Feel the glamor/And pain". In its other appearances, that lyric is written as "Feel the glamor/In pink".
- "Life is your creation" is misinterpreted as "That is your creation" in the remake.
- In the Just Dance 2019 notification about the Just Dance Unlimited releases in March 2019, Aqua is credited instead of Countdown Dee’s Hit Explosion.
- In Just Dance 2 and Just Dance: Summer Party, the background is comparatively more animated.
- The circles on P1’s dress tend to disappear and reappear constantly throughout the routine.
- In the trailer of Just Dance: Summer Party, the coaches appear in front of Crying Blood’s background.
- In the menu icon for Barbie Girl in Just Dance 2, the coaches’ gloves are missing.
- A picture taken during beta development of the routine shows pictograms that are different from the final routine.
- If one looks closely at the pictograms in Just Dance: Greatest Hits/Best Of, there is a mistake: in the pictogram used during the line "Undress me everywhere", the arrows and shake symbols in the pictogram are badly cropped, and P2's are magenta instead of the main pictogram color.
- In Just Dance 2, all of the score bubbles are purple instead of grey.
- On the menu assets for the remake, the coaches don’t have the plastic texture.
|Read in Other Languages|
|Deutsch • Español • Français • Italiano • Português • Português do Brasil • Polski • Pусский • Română • Tagalog • Türkçe • 中文 • 日本語|