"Barbie Girl" by Aqua (covered by Countdown Dee’s Hit Explosion in the series) is featured on Just Dance 2 (as a downloadable track), Just Dance: Summer Party, Just Dance: Best Of, Just Dance: Greatest Hits, Just Dance Unlimited and Just Dance Now.
Appearance of the Dancers
P1 looks like a 50’s Barbie. As seen in the beginning and end of the routine in games before the remake, her name is Dolly. She has orange hair in a ponytail with a bow in her hair, a choker with a light blue heart, and a hot pink dress with orange/red spots on it. She has a light blue glove, and pink heels with light blue bow ties on it. In her remake, she has a more plastic-like texture.
P2 looks like Ken. As seen in the beginning and end of the routine in games before the remake, his name is Dan. He has orange hair, a hot pink collar, light blue coat/jacket with a white zip, orange sleeves, hot pink glove, white shorts, long aqua socks, and orange and white sneakers. In his remake, he has a plastic-like texture.
The dancers are inside of a doll box that reads "Dolly & Dan," which quickly moves upward to reveal the background. This background consists of a gray wall with a piece of cardboard taped on the wall. The cardboard acts as a mural depicting a resemblance of a Barbie playset. The time appears to be night, as there is a hot pink sky with glowing stars. A swimming pool consists of the majority of the bottom, while behind it consists of light greeen grass. To the right is a large pink dollhouse, a brown pavement near the house, and grey and pink trees that look like lollipops around the sides of the house. To the left is a white fence. Far off in the distance is a light pink hill, and on top of it is a sign that says "HOLYTOCH." Whatever is not on the cardboard are two inflatable coconut trees, an inflatable blue dolphin and a bouncing volleyball. At the end, the photo frame reappears to frame the dancers.
The aforementioned props that are not part of the mural move more in Just Dance 2, Just Dance: Summer Party, and the remake. Also, in the remake, the doll box from the beginning of the routine and sign are absent.
There are 3 Gold Moves for each coach in this routine:
All Gold Moves: Touch the other dancer’s shoulder as shown in the pictograms. P2 does it before P1.
Barbie Girl appears in the following Mashup:
- The following mistakes and changes are present in the song’s lyrics:
- "Dolly" is spelled as "Dollie" in all the games prior to the remake.
- Before the remake, several punctuation marks (like commas) were added in several lines.
- Prior to the remake, one line reads "Ooh ooh ooh" every time it is sung. In the remake, the line is changed to "Ooh whoah ooh!".
- On the Xbox 360 version of Just Dance: Greatest Hits one of the song’s lyrics is written as "Feel the glamor/And pain". In its other appearances, that lyric is written as "Feel the glamor/In pink".
- "Life is your creation" is misinterpreted as "That is your creation" in the remake.
- In the Just Dance 2019 notification about the Just Dance Unlimited releases in March 2019, Aqua is credited instead of Countdown Dee’s Hit Explosion.
- In Just Dance 2 and Just Dance: Summer Party, the background is comparatively more animated.
- The circles on P1’s dress tend to disappear and reappear constantly throughout the routine.
- In the trailer of Just Dance: Summer Party, the coaches appear in front of Crying Blood’s background.
- In the menu icon for Barbie Girl in Just Dance 2, the coaches’ gloves are missing.
- A picture taken during beta development of the routine shows pictograms that are different from the final routine.
- If one looks closely at the pictograms in Just Dance: Greatest Hits/Best Of, there is a mistake: in the pictogram used during the line "Undress me everywhere", the arrows and shake symbols in the pictogram are badly cropped, and P2's are magenta instead of the main pictogram color.
- In Just Dance 2, all of the score bubbles are purple instead of grey.
- On the menu assets for the remake, the coaches do not have the plastic texture.
|Read in Other Languages|
|Deutsch • Español • Français • Italiano • Português • Português do Brasil • Polski • Pусский • Română • Tagalog • Türkçe • 中文 • 日本語|