Appearance of the Dancer
The dancer is a woman that has turquoise hair tied back. She wears a purple V-neck croptop bearing the phrase "BOOM" with melting letters and rainbow ombre. She also has a holographic skirt on, maroon tights, high white socks with purple stripes, and teal boots.
The background starts with a colorful drawing of a heart and moves on to a background showing a pink ribbon with blue leaves on the side that says "Clap". It zooms in to reveal a blue background with a yellow moon, along with red clouds, the word "Moon", and a star hanging from the moon. It then zooms in on the cloud which reveals a red background with a light blue bone with a multi-colored word "Bones". It then zooms in on the "B" to reveal a yellow background with light blue lips, that have yellow leaves and roses grow from it, along with a multi-circled circle in the background. It zooms in on the lips to reveal a light blue background with another circle and a rose that has leaves growing from each side and yellow paint dripping from the top of the rose.
For the chorus, it zooms in on the paint to reveal a yellow background with a multi-colored human heart and flashing streams of color. During the chorus, it zooms in on different colors individually, to reveal the same. After the chorus and at the start of the outro, it shows a black background with a human heart outlined in red that splits apart and bursts out stars. Near the end of the song, the red outlined heart splits again, and the stars that are released splatter around the screen. The song finishes with the backgrounds from the start of the song going back in reverse and finishing off with the splitting heart.
There are 3 Gold Moves in this routine, all of which are the same:
All Gold Moves: Bump your arms together.
Boom Clap appears in the following Mashup:
Boom Clap appears in the following Dance Quest maps:
- Special Valentine
Boom Clap is featured in the following playlists:
Just Dance Now
- Boom Clap is the second song by Charli XCX in the series.
- "Sunbathing on the moon" is misinterpreted as "Sunbathing under moon", and "Under your influence" is misspelled as "Under you’re influence".
- In an interview with the YouTuber Tyler Oakley, Charli XCX revealed that she designed the dancer’s outfit and routine.
- This was the first known time that a song’s artist has designed an outfit for the routine.
- One of the Just Dance Minute videos features Behind the Scenes footage for Boom Clap.
- A sticker of the moon and stars from the background can be unlocked on Just Dance 2020 by dancing to God Is a Woman (Goddess Version) three times.