Appearance of the Dancer
The dancer is a woman who is mainly a comic-styled superhero character. She has yellow hair and wears red lipstick. Her outfit resembles the flag of America because her dress has white and red stripes and her leggings are blue with white stars. Her top is mainly blue with yellow and red situated on the upper left shoulder. She is also wearing what is likely to be a belt that says POW! in a shock bubble.
Every time the dancer spins, a large WHOOSH! can be seen near her dress.
The background starts off with a simple POW! effect. Then, a reflection of the dancer appears behind her in the background, highlighting her facial features even more. The background becomes more and more comical, with comic shades and hues and comic dialogue (such as BOOM!, WIZZ , BAM!, ZOOM!, and SNAP!). Everything repeats over and over until the bridge.
The screen turns completely purple near the end, before the beginning of the instrumental part, in which everything repeats again. It ends with a white strip saying "The End?".
There are 4 Gold Moves in this routine, all of which are the same:
All Gold Moves: Standing to the left, hold out your hands near your hips.
Break Free appears in the following mashups:
- Balkan Blast Remix
- I’m An Albatraoz (Merry Go Round)
- Scream & Shout (American Dream)
- Stadium Flow (High Energy Girls)
Break Free appears in Party Master Modes. Here are the captions attributed to its dance moves:
- Blast Hero
- Pew Pew
- Super Pretty
- Wipe your mouth
Break Free appears in the following Dance Quest maps:
- Special Easter
The routine has a Community Remix. The following are featured:
- Just Milene
- adict to evil
- Dimas Alphard
- Taly Dias
Appearances in Playlists
Break Free appears in the following playlists
Just Dance 2019
- With Great Power...
- The 2010s Were Banging
Just Dance Now
- Celebrate Fasion Week
- Your First Song
- Hall Of Fame
- All Songs A-E
Just Dance Unlimited
- Hall Of Fame
- Unlimited A-E
- Break Free is the fourth song by Ariana Grande in the series.
- It is also the third song by Ariana Grande in Just Dance 2015.
- The following mistakes can be seen in the lyrics:
- "Are" from the line "Know that I’ve become who I really are" is misinterpreted as "am".
- The "L" in "Like a deadly" is not capitalised.
- The word "Fever" is highlighted during the entire line "Fever (yeah babe)".
- The line "On the highway to hell" is misinterpreted as "On a highway to hell".
- The line "No more baby" is not present in the lyrics. Instead, the line "Fever" replaces it.
- Files for an unused Mashup were found amongst the DLC files of Just Dance 2015.
- Break Free is the only song by Ariana Grande to be a downloadable track.
- Break Free is the fourth free DLC, after Firework, Roar and The World is Ours.
- This is the second free DLC that is not by Katy Perry, after The World is Ours. However, this one is available everywhere, unlike The World is Ours.
- Break Free is not referred to as a free DLC in its gameplay video title, but it is still considered a DLC on Facebook.
- Break Free is the third DLC to be mentioned on a box cover, after Firework and Roar.
- It is, however, the first DLC whose coach is featured on a cover.
- Break Free is the sixth routine with a superhero theme, after Cosmic Girl, Never Gonna Give You Up, Alfonso Signorini (Eroe Nazionale), Holding Out for a Hero, and Best Song Ever.
- Break Free is the first DLC to be released after Just Dance 2014 that does not come with an avatar. Both I Luh Ya Papi and Papaoutai come with avatars, although Papaoutai’s avatar can be accessed in the Dancer Card Shop.
- Break Free is the first routine in the Just Dance series whose lyrics are highlighted in black.
- The PlayStation 3 version of You Make Me Feel... has black lyrics, too, but that is not the case with other consoles.
- On August 20, 2014, Break Free, along with the names of other artists, was leaked on the Polish Just Dance Facebook page.
- Sometimes, an odd glitch occurs: when the song is started, the player will have the number of stars that he had earned while playing the previous song. However, the score bar is not affected in any way.
- Break Free has the same name as one of Monster Mash’s captions in Puppet/Party Master Mode.
- Lavinia won in the Favorite Cosplay category for her cosplay of this song on the second Just Dance Awards. 
- In the Wii version of the song, more moves are counted for than on other remote-controller consoles. Such extra counting occurs when the dancer spins and sifts out her right arm.
- In the Just Dance Now files, there is a pictogram that does not appear in the Just Dance 2015 or Just Dance Unlimited version of the routine but does, however, sometimes appear in the Just Dance Now version of the song.
- Break Free is the first song from Just Dance 2015 to have a Community Remix with people dancing in the background behind the dancer, instead of a collection of them just dancing.
- In Just Dance Unlimited, when the internet connection is absent, a banner with many menu icons from the service appear. Among them, Break Free’s appears, but the coach has darker hair and a lighter suit.
- The coach in-game is portrayed by Ines Vandamme; however, on the Just Dance 2015 cover art she is portrayed by Aurélie Sériné.
- Break Free has a Mashup square in the Just Dance 2015 files, which indicates that a Mashup was planned for the song.
- Break Free is no longer available on Wii since January 31, 2019 due to the Wii Shop Channel closing down the previous day.
- On June 23, 2016, Break Free was on Just Dance Unlimited due to the song having a Community Remix Contest in the service.
- This makes Break Free the first song on Just Dance Unlimited to have a Community Remix.
- In Just Dance 2017, the Community Remix version is free, but the original can only be played through Just Dance Unlimited.
Behind the Scenes
Official Music Video
|Read in Other Languages|
|Deutsch • Español • Français • Italiano • Português • Português do Brasil • Polski • Pусский • Română • Tagalog • Türkçe • 中文 • 日本語|