Appearance of the Dancers
The dancers are a trio of women who resembles members of The Pussycat Dolls. They wear sultry outfits with golden accessories. They all have dark brown painted eyebrows, dark brown Ancient Egyptian-style eyeliners, and golden lips. They are accompanied with dark violet circular chair, where they use it as a prop in some of their moves. They all have golden faded outlines, which turns red during the chorus.
P1 resembles Ashley Roberts. She has golden blonde hair with dark roots. She wears a black bra with straps that wraps on her back, with two straps wrapping forward to her black tied skirt, which shows more of her right leg. At the center of her bra is an oval-shaped cut with golden embellishments surrounding a smaller hole, with a small hanging golden chain attached by the sides. Her skirt has four rows of golden hanging circular tassels, going from top to bottom, while the two hanging straps in the right side has hanging circular tassels at the end of the fabric. She also wears dark brown fishnet leggings with shiny golden specks and dark brown leather stiletto high heels with three straps made with golden buckles and golden specks.
She wears a golden circlet around her forehead, with the side and back covered by her hair. The circlet is also attached with numerous, golden loose necklaces by the side of her circlet, which goes down to her neck. On her arms are black bands with golden loose chain embellishments, a golden bangle in her right wrist and gloves with different designs. Her left glove is black, decorated with golden specks, covers to her elbow and leaves her fingers open. Her right glove covers her hand and is colored pink.
P2 resembles Nicole Scherzinger. She has black hair, with a tied mid-section that loops back to her hair, several tied strands on her back and few free-flowing strands on her shoulders. She wears a dark brown sleeveless bodysuit that only covers her right leg, which has fishnet textures on her neck and cleavage region, abdomen and right leg that are decorated with golden specks, and solid fabric color and section on her breasts and pelvic region. The bra-styled section has two rows of olden hanging circular tassels, on the top and bottom edges of the fabric, and she has a black leather strap on her waist, which has a golden square-shaped buckle and three three-layered golden loose chains hanging at the bottom edges of the belt, forming U-shaped arches. She wears dark brown clothed knee-high stiletto heels with golden metallic edges.
She wears a golden decorative half-mask, which covers and wraps on her forehead and around her eyes, while she wears golden hanging earrings on her ears, and thick, golden necklace on her neck with details such as triangles, thin connected chains, and small hanging tassels. Above her elbows are golden bangles with a golden fabric tied behind the bangles. Lastly, she wears golden bangles on her wrist with different designs, where the left bangle has loose chains attached and her right bangle cover much of her wrist, with the mid-section open. Her glove is purple.
P3 resembles Jessica Sutta. She has dark brown hair tied to a high ponytail with a golden hair bangle and golden highlights. She wears a black leotard with a thin V-shaped cleavage-styled section having fishnet texture and golden specks. Her collar has golden hanging circular tassels, and her waist has a leather-textured section, which is covered in golden buttons in various sizes and designs. Split from her waist are two black circular straps that wrapped around her thighs, which has golden hanging circular and string tassels attached to them. She wears a pair of black knee-length lace-tied peep-toe stiletto heels, with the midsection of her heels revealing her skin.
She wears a golden string headdress made of beads, and a large circular disk in the front, which covers her head. She also wears three golden bangles on her arms, a golden bangle with the midsection open in her left wrist and a golden circular ring in her left ring finger. Her glove is red.
The routine take place in a maroon and gold room with a chair in the middle which the dancers use. In the verse, shadows appear. During the pre-chorus, lights flash to the beat of the song. During the chorus, the whole room turns bright. Flower patterns and shadows of women dancing appear.
This section has content which remains to be confirmed! You can help by adding to it. Remember to cite!
- Buttons is the third song by The Pussycat Dolls in the series.
- Buttons is the third song by Snoop Dogg in the main series.
- Buttons is mentioned in the ESRB rating summary of Just Dance 2022, which references the lines "Loosen up my buttons babe...But I can’t seem to get you/Over here to help take this off".
- In the YouTube preview posted on the Just Dance US channel, Snoop Dogg is not mentioned at all, and The Pussycat Dolls are credited without the article.
- Buttons is the second routine to use a chair as a prop, after Rich Girl (With a Chair). However, as opposed to Rich Girl (With a Chair), the prop is not used for the entire routine.
- Buttons and You Make Me Feel (Mighty Real) are the twelfth and thirteenth Classic routines to use a prop, after Professor Pumplestickle, You Can’t Hurry Love, Prince Ali, Flying Get, Holding Out for a Hero, Ievan Polkka, This Is How We Do, Kool Kontact, What Is Love, A Little Party Never Killed Nobody (All We Got), and Let’s Party (飞艇派对).
- They are the fifth and sixth ones where the prop is only used for a short period, after You Can’t Hurry Love, Flying Get, Holding Out for a Hero, Kool Kontact, What is Love and Let’s Party (飞艇派对).
- As stated in the description of the song’s preview on the Just Dance UK YouTube channel, Buttons is not available in the Korean versions of Just Dance 2022. This makes Buttons the second song to not open to selected regions, after Tel Aviv which was unavailable in Iraq and Saudi Arabia.
- A glitch affects P2's heels, making them lose details and randomly turn black.
- In the preview, there is an error involving a pictogram for P3: the pictogram shows the right hand on the chin, but the coach uses her left hand instead.
- In an Instagram reel posted on September 16, 2021 by @justdancegame_us that showed P3’s costume behind the scenes, Judas’ costumes could be seen, despite the song not being confirmed for inclusion in Just Dance 2022 at the time.
Behind the Scenes
Official Music Video
- https://www.esrb.org/ratings/37962/Just+Dance+2022/ (Archive)
- File:Buttons - Gameplay Teaser (UK) (Archive)
- https://www.instagram.com/reel/CT43T5UK34F/ (Archive)
|Read in Other Languages|
|Deutsch • Español • Français • Italiano • Português • Português do Brasil • Polski • Pусский • Română • Tagalog • Türkçe • 中文 • 日本語|