- 1 Appearance of the Dancer
- 2 Background
- 3 Gold Moves
- 4 Appearances in Playlists
- 5 Trivia
- 6 Gallery
- 7 Videos
- 8 References
- 9 Site Navigation
Appearance of the Dancer
The dancer is a woman. She has bright pinkish-orange hair tied into a low fishtail braid, and it rests on her left shoulder. Her costume also includes a bright green frilled crop top with no sleeves and a white, transparent shirt behind, and a pair of bright orange high-waisted swimming shorts with rose designs over each leg. She wears dark violet heel sandals with an open top and a strap attaching the foot strap to the top of her purple shoes. She wears a few yellow, orange, and purple bangles on her right hand, golden necklace with a dark violet chain, one golden half disc-like earring on her right ear, and a pair of round purple sunglasses.
The Community Remix features videos from one girl named Jaaze and two boys named Raffaele and Raphaël respectively.
Jaaze has long blonde-brownish hair and wears a small earring on her right ear, tied denim shirt with black buttons over a black top, a pair of black leggings with a reddish band around the waist and a pair of black leather shoes.
Raffaele wears a white baseball cap over short black hair, a white T-shirt, a pair of dark blue jeans, and a pair of black sneakers with black laces, white and reddish accents, and white soles. His cap has the Just Dance logo in black and white with three stickers (one of the left side of the logo and two on the right). His T-shirt has a rectangle with a dark blue border, random motifs, an explosion balloon with "PERFECT" written inside, and the Just Dance logo in black on the bottom right corner. The inside of the rectangle has a blue and yellow gradient that transitions from one color to another with comic dots towards the bottom left corner, as well as a pair of blue stylized panda ears, eyes, and nose with a green tuft and a red and blue sweatband.
Raphaël has dark brown hair in a tuft and beard. He wears a pair of black round sunglasses with a metallic frame, a red jacket with red, black, and white striped around the neck, the waist, and the wrists, a dark grey shirt underneath, a pair of white jeans with a dark brown leather belt, and a pair of black heeled boots.
The background consists of hibiscus flowers and leaves that would appear and change color to the beat of the song. At times, rings of palm trees and surfboards would form and obscure the background. They rotate at times and change color to the beat.
In the pre-chorus, a sun form and rotates and pulsates to the beat before the surfboards zoom out and reveal a wallpaper of surfboard rings and suns.
In the chorus, the numbers 1, 2 and 3 and the word "Calypso" appear in the background whenever they are sung.
There is 1 Gold Move in this routine:
Gold Move: With your body bent over, put your left hand on your hip and the right one on your knee.
Calypso is featured in the following playlists:
Just Dance 2019
- Just Dance 2019
- Latin Flavor
Just Dance Now
- Calypso is the second song by Luis Fonsi in the series.
- Calypso is the third song by Stefflon Don in the series.
- It is also her second song featured on Just Dance 2019.
- The Wii version of the routine uses a simplified background.
- When the preview was first uploaded to the Just Dance UK channel, the title of that preview was misspelled as "Calyspo".
- This typo was fixed the following day.
- A sticker of the flowers in the background can be unlocked in Just Dance 2020 by dancing to Bad Boy three times.
- Calypso is the only post-Just Dance 2017 routine to have a Community Remix.
- Despite the routine being labeled as a Community Remix on the menu, the codename has the suffix "FAN", which is used for most of the Fanmade choreographies.
- On the square, there is a little black dot above the left shoulder of Raffaele (the boy in the middle).
- Even though the routine is a Solo, the album coach features all the three dancers who appear in the background.
- Additionally, the coach selection image depicts Jaaze, even though all the three dancers only appear as background dancers rather than as the main coaches.
- In the menu assets, Jaaze’s haircut is lighter and done up in a bun; in the gameplay, however, it is blonde-brownish and loose.
- According to a post on her own Instagram account, this happened because the pictures used for the menu assets were taken in November 2020, a few months before she recorded her video.
Behind the Scenes
Official Music Video
Behind the Scenes
- File:calypso choreographer proof.png
|Read in Other Languages|
|Deutsch • Español • Français • Italiano • Português • Português do Brasil • Polski • Pусский • Română • Tagalog • Türkçe • 中文 • 日本語|