"Carmen (Overture)", composed by Georges Bizet and performed by The Just Dance Orchestra, is featured on Just Dance 2018, Just Dance Now, and Just Dance Unlimited. The routine was also planned to appear on Kids Mode in Just Dance 2018, but it was never added in the final version for unknown reasons. In the game, the title is spelled in French as "Carmen (Ouverture)".
- 1 Appearance of the Dancers
- 2 Background
- 3 Gold Moves
- 4 Appearances in Playlists
- 5 Trivia
- 6 Gallery
- 7 Videos
- 8 References
- 9 Site Navigation
Appearance of the Dancers
P1 wears a traditional suit of lights. This consists of a small blue jacket with two golden strips on both sleeves and two black strips on the front. Under that, he wears a bright yellow shirt. His pants are blue with a big golden strip along his legs and a black strip on his hips. He has black shoes with bright yellow socks. On his head, he wears a traditional montera hat that has a golden stripe.
Similar to P1, P2 wears a traditional suit of lights. This consists of a small red jacket with two golden strips on both sleeves and two black strips on the front. Under that, he wears a bright yellow shirt. His pants are red with a big golden strip along his legs a black strip on his hips. He has black shoes with bright yellow socks. On his head, he wears a traditional montera hat that has a golden stripe. He has a small beard on his chin.
The background is a pop-up stadium with pop-up cows adorned with flowers in each open panel of the walls. There is a sun in front of a clear sky. During a certain part of the song, it becomes night time and stars fall from the sky, and the dancers have spotlights on them. There are roses falling from the sky at one point in the night time scene.
There are 3 Gold Moves in this routine:
Gold Moves 1 and 2: Put your left hand on your jacket and your right hand diagonally above your head while looking at your right hand.
Gold Move 3:
- P1: Leaning to the left, place your right hand on your hip and point your left hand diagonally into the air.
- P2: Leaning to the right, place your left hand on your hip and point your right hand diagonally into the air.
Appearances in Playlists
Carmen (Overture) is featured in the following playlists:
Just Dance 2018
- Just Dance 2018
- Hall Of Fame
Just Dance 2019
- Just Dance 2018
Just Dance Now
- All Songs A-E
- Carmen (Overture) is the second song in the series to be performed by The Just Dance Orchestra.
- Along with In the Hall of the Pixel King, Carmen (Overture) is the third piece of classical music in the series, after Hungarian Dance No. 5 and William Tell Overture.
- justdanceGB titles the preview for Carmen (Overture) using the French word for "overture", as Carmen (Ouverture).
- The bit of music starting at 1:10 is known as the Toreador March.
- In both the US and UK preview of the gameplay, the only scoring marks that appear are "OK" and "GOOD".
- During early promotion for the game and before the song was officially confirmed, the coaches palettes were swapped, with P1’s outfit being red and vice versa.
- In addition, pictograms had default colors and P2 had a more visible goatee.
- Carmen (Overture), along with In the Hall of the Pixel King, Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polka Dot Bikini, Love Ward, Shape of You, Instruction and the Alternate for Bubble Pop!, was originally planned to be included in Kids Mode. However, it was removed for unknown reasons.
- The album coach texture can be found in the demo files of Just Dance 2018.
|Read in Other Languages|
|Deutsch • Español • Français • Italiano • Português • Português do Brasil • Polski • Pусский • Română • Tagalog • Türkçe • 中文 • 日本語|