"Chantaje" (Subway Version) is playable on Just Dance 2018, where the routine can be unlocked on 8th-generation consoles and the Nintendo Switch from the Gift Machine, and through normal gameplay on 7th-generation consoles. The routine also appears on Just Dance Now and Just Dance Unlimited.
- 1 Appearance of the Dancers
- 2 Background
- 3 Gold Moves
- 4 Appearances in Playlists
- 5 Trivia
- 6 Gallery
- 7 Videos
- 8 References
- 9 Site Navigation
Appearance of the Dancers
The routine is performed by a trio of women.
P1 has black hair in two braids, a pair of sunglasses, two golden pendants, a black and light blue collar with a matching low-necked shirt, a magenta bracelet on the right wrist, yellow high-waisted pants, and black heels.
P2 has a violet cap over pink hair in a sideways ponytail lying on the left, sunglasses, star-shaped earrings, a yellow sleeveless T-shirt with purple silhouettes of violins, two magenta macrame bracelets on her left wrist and a black watch on the right one, fuchsia pants with yellow extremities, and magenta sneakers.
P3 has blonde hair done in a bob. She wears a pair of sunglasses with a light blue frame, a magenta shirt with a black and gold necklace, a black bracelet on her left wrist, a violet skirt, and black heels.
The routine takes place on a subway with the coaches seated, in which pineapples and pandas are strictly prohibited. There are posters for Just Dance 2016, Just Dance 2017, and Just Dance 2018, as well as a missing person poster featuring the Panda from I Gotta Feeling. A subway transit map can also be viewed, which lights up as the routine progresses. Outside the window of the subway car, three stations can be seen at separate points in the routine, as well as a tunnel that lights up in various colors. In the chorus the background for Summer Sweetie also appears outside the window. The routine ends when the subway stops at the final station.
There are 3 Gold Moves in this routine:
Gold Move 1: Throw your arms out as if to shrug. P1 and P2 do this while facing P3, and P3 does this while facing P2.
Gold Move 2: With your right leg slightly out, cross your wrists in front of you while angled towards the left.
Gold Move 3: While turned left, punch your right arm straight up.
Chantaje (Subway Version) is featured in the following playlists:
Just Dance 2019
- Girl Squad
Just Dance Now
- All Songs A-E
- Just Dance From Home!
- Latin Corner
- Main article: Chantaje#General
- The routine features several Easter Eggs:
- On the left metro wall, there is a flyer that reads "Notice for missing person", with a silhouette of I Gotta Feeling; on the right wall, there are two prohibition signs with a pineapple (referencing P3 of In the Summertime) and a panda head (referencing the Panda from many routines of the franchise).
- In the chorus, some parts of the background from Summer Sweetie can be seen through the windows.
- This is the first routine to have references to the Chinese series.
- Several ads for different Just Dance games appear throughout the routine (i.e, outside the subway as a poster).
- The singers’ names and the song name appears on a tiled wall outside the subway.
- This is the sixth seated routine in the series, after Rich Girl (With a Chair), Diamonds (Seated Dance), Under the Sea, Teacher (Car Version), and What Is Love (Car Version).
- This is the second routine to be set within a train, after Dance My Generation.
- It is the third to have a train theme, after Part of Me and Dance My Generation.
- Unusually, the menu square shows the word Sweat, which does not appear throughout the routine, on the wall in the background instead of any of the words that actually appear (Shakira, Maluma, or Chantaje).
Behind the Scenes
|Read in Other Languages|
|Deutsch • Español • Français • Italiano • Português • Português do Brasil • Polski • Pусский • Română • Tagalog • Türkçe • 中文 • 日本語|