"Chicken Payback" by The Bees (credited in-game as A Band of Bees) was featured on Just Dance 2 as a downloadable track but became unavailable for purchase following the shutdown of the Wii Shop Channel on January 30, 2019. The song remains playable on Just Dance: Summer Party. The song is also featured on Just Dance Unlimited.
- 1 Appearance of the Dancer
- 2 Background
- 3 Gold Moves
- 4 Appearances in Mashups
- 5 Captions
- 6 Trivia
- 7 Gallery
- 8 Videos
- 9 References
- 10 Site Navigation
Appearance of the Dancer
The dancer is a male farmer with messy dark purple hair and beard. He wears an orange shirt with medium-length sleeves, overalls with a gradient of dark purple and blue colors and white outlines of his pockets and some parts of his overalls and a pair of dark orange Wellingtons. He also wears a pair of orange glasses.
In the remake, his color scheme is darker and realistic, as well as having faint realistic effect in his outfit. He now has a magenta-pink outline. He fades to black at the end.
The routine takes place in what looks like a farm. There is a barn from Here Comes the Hotstepper in the distance. The coach seems to be dancing in front of a tree. Whenever "CHICKEN!" is sung, a few chickens appear. There are also leaves floating.
In the remake, the sun rises and sets faster, for some parts of the song, the windmill stops moving, there are no more leaves in the background, and the chickens no longer appear with dark pink outlines.
There are 3 Gold Moves (2 in the remake) in this routine, all of which are the same:
All Gold Moves: Slowly raise your right hand with your left hand on your waist.
Chicken Payback features in the following Mashups:
Chicken Payback appears in Puppet/Party Master Modes. Here are the captions attributed to his dance moves:
- Farmer Swim
- Farmer's Jig
- Flying Farmer
- Funky Farmer
- In the remake, the song was extended by two seconds.
- Chicken Payback is tied with S.O.S., Bad Romance’s Monsters Mashup, and Circus’s Show-Off Mashup for the earliest appearance of a Gold Move in a routine from the main franchise. It is the second pictogram in each.
- However, in the remake of Chicken Payback, the first Gold Move has been removed.
- Chicken Payback is the third routine to have a transparent fading on its album coach, after Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go and God Is a Woman (Goddess Version).
- The coach’s overalls are identical to Step by Step’s.
- The chickens and the barn are the same as those in Here Comes the Hotstepper.
- The coach’s left arm tends to glitch often, turning from white to purple.
- In a promotional image, the coach is depicted with a light yellow glove instead of a magenta one.
- By looking at the Just Dance 2 menu icon through the game files, four plus-like symbols at the corners can be seen.
- In the Just Dance 2 square, the lens on the coaches’ shades are blue instead of white.
- This was later fixed in the remake.
- In the remake, the coach’s overalls are affected by a mask glitch that makes the white lines on it overlap with other yellow lines.
Official Music Video
|Read in Other Languages|
|Deutsch • Español • Français • Italiano • Português • Português do Brasil • Polski • Pусский • Română • Tagalog • Türkçe • 中文 • 日本語|