Appearance of the Dancer
The dancer is a cowgirl with dirty blonde braids. She wears a blue cowboy hat with a white star. Her shirt is orange with a subtle yellow gradient and blue accents. The shirt only covers her chest, and her blue shorts are only as low as her upper thigh. She has red socks under her blue shoes.
In the remake, her hair matches the shirt, and her hat matches the shoes and shorts. Her socks are now orange instead of red. The outline is now a lighter shade of blue. Otherwise, she has almost the same color scheme.
The background takes place near two canyons, with many sheriff stars with the word DANCE on them.
The routine takes place in a desert with canyons in the background. During the chorus, the desert is sunlit, with orange-tinted clouds in the sky along with a bright noon sun. Backup dancers resembling the main coach appear around the sand floor (similar to Ninja Re Bang Bang). The backup dancers are colored shades of brown, and appear and disappear in quick, teleportation-style flashes.
During the verses, the day turns to night. The sky is in a dark shade of blue, with clouds and a bright crescent moon in the sky. As with the day-scene, backup dancers also appear throughout the night desert. However, these backup dancers are in a shade of dark blue, have neon outlines, and teleport away in colorful flashes.
The outro scene is identical to the verse scenes, with the exception of the presence of the backup dancers.
There are 4 Gold Moves in the remake:
Gold Moves 1 and 3: Point to the screen rapidly once.
Gold Move 2: Move your arms as if you are taming a horse.
Gold Move 4 (Outdated): Spin your right arm counter-clockwise. This is the final counted move of the routine.
Gold Move 4 (Updated): Put your right hand near your right leg as if you were putting your gun back in your pocket.
Cotton Eye Joe appears in Puppet/Party Master Modes. Here are the captions attributed to her dance moves:
- Chick Dance
- Country Jig
- Home On The Range
- Western Lash
- Western Slide
- Western Street
- "Hell" is not censored in the original game (as back when the game was made, rules were not as strict), but is censored starting with Just Dance Now.
- In the Beta version, the dancer’s features are slightly more distinguishable.
- In Just Dance 4, the track has an avatar, but much like Somethin’ Stupid’s P1 avatar, it did not return for the subsequent games. However, the avatar later returned in Just Dance Now and Just Dance Unlimited with a different look.
- One of the pictograms for the remake is missing the usual white outline that is used for every pictogram in the series, giving the pictogram an unfinished appearance.
- As of an unknown date, the menu assets for the remake have been updated in order to make the coach’s face slightly more visible.
- Gold Move 4’s pictogram for the remake has been updated as of an unknown date; the new pictogram is now the ending pictogram where it has its hands on its hips instead of the pictogram with the spiral arrow.
- However, the outdated pictogram is still used in Just Dance Now.
- In Gold Move 4's outdated pictogram's arrow, the start of the arrow is cut at the start.
- This is the second time in the series where Gold Moves had to be changed. The first was Professor Pumplestickle.
- On Just Dance Unlimited, the video is slightly earlier than the routine itself. This also happens in California Gurls and Apache (Jump On It).
Official Music Video
|Read in Other Languages|
|Deutsch • Español • Français • Italiano • Português • Português do Brasil • Polski • Pусский • Română • Tagalog • Türkçe • 中文 • 日本語|