|Remove the bandaids!
This article contains images or videos with watermarks. If possible, please replace them with non-watermarked media.
- 1 Appearance of the Dancer
- 2 Background
- 3 Gold Moves
- 4 Captions
- 5 Appearances in Playlists
- 6 Trivia
- 7 Gallery
- 8 Videos
- 9 References
- 10 Site Navigation
Appearance of the Dancer
The dancer is a cowgirl with dirty blonde braids. She wears a blue cowboy hat with a white star, an orange tied-up shirt with blue accents, blue shorts with a white belt, with blue and red boots.
In the remake, her hair matches the shirt, and her hat matches the shoes and shorts. The red parts of her boots are now orange. The outline is now a lighter shade of blue. Otherwise, she has almost the same color scheme. She is also slightly realistic.
The background takes place near two canyons, with two flying sheriff stars with the word "DANCE" on them.
The routine takes place in a desert with canyons in the background. During the chorus, the desert is sunlit, with orange-tinted clouds in the sky along with a bright noon sun. Backup dancers resembling the main coach appear around the sand floor (similar to Ninja Re Bang Bang). The backup dancers are colored shades of brown, and appear and disappear in quick, teleportation-style flashes.
During the verses, the day turns to night. The sky is in a dark shade of blue, with clouds and a bright crescent moon in the sky. As with the day-scene, backup dancers also appear throughout the night desert. However, these backup dancers are in a shade of dark blue, have neon outlines, and teleport away in colorful flashes.
The outro scene is identical to the verse scenes, with the exception of the presence of the backup dancers.
There are 4 Gold Moves in the remake:
Gold Moves 1 and 3: Point to the screen rapidly once.
Gold Move 2: Move your arms up as if you are taming a horse.
Gold Move 4 (outdated): Spin your right arm counter-clockwise. This is the final counted move of the routine.
Gold Move 4 (updated): Put your right hand near your right leg as if you were putting your gun back in your pocket.
Cotton Eye Joe appears in Puppet/Party Master Modes. Here are the captions attributed to her dance moves:
- Chick Dance
- Country Jig
- Home On The Range
- Western Lash
- Western Slide
- Western Street
Cotton Eye Joe is featured in the following playlists:
Just Dance 2019
Just Dance Now
Just Dance Unlimited
- "Hell" is censored in the remake.
- In the Beta version, the dancer’s features are slightly more distinguishable.
- In Just Dance 4, the coach has an avatar, but much like P1 of Somethin’ Stupid’s avatar, it did not return for the subsequent games. However, the avatar later returned in Just Dance Now/Unlimited with a different look.
- An avatar was intended to return in Just Dance 2014, however it was scrapped.
- One of the pictograms for the remake is missing the usual white outline that is used for every pictogram in the series, giving the pictogram looking like one from Just Dance.
- As of an unknown date, the menu assets for the remake have been updated in order to make the coach’s face slightly more visible.
- Gold Move 4’s pictogram for the remake has been updated as of an unknown date; the new pictogram is now the ending pictogram where it has its hands on its hips instead of the pictogram with the spiral arrow.
- However, the outdated pictogram is still used in Just Dance Now.
- In Gold Move 4's outdated pictogram’s arrow, the start of the arrow is cut.
- This is the second routine in the series where Gold Moves had to be changed. The first was Professor Pumplestickle.
- On Just Dance Unlimited, the video starts slightly earlier than the routine itself. This also happens in California Gurls and Apache (Jump On It).
- There is a Rabbid version of Cotton Eye Joe’s avatar in Just Dance 2018 that has the designs and hair of the coach.
- A sticker of the song’s badge can be unlocked on Just Dance 2020 by dancing to Policeman three times.
Official Music Video
|Read in Other Languages|
|Deutsch • Español • Français • Italiano • Português • Português do Brasil • Polski • Pусский • Română • Tagalog • Türkçe • 中文 • 日本語|