|This article is about the Dance Quest from Just Dance 2016 and Just Dance 2017. You may be looking for the ones from Just Dance 4.|
Dance Quest in Just Dance 2016, exclusive to eighth-generation consoles, are completely different from their previous incarnation in Just Dance 4. Each quest is now a cup of sorts, similar to Mario Kart, which pits players against AI's in a set group of 3 songs per Dance Quest. The objective of each quest is to get into the top 3 at the end of each quest.
At the end of each song, points are given out, 12 points for first place, 9 points for 2nd place and so on. At the end of all 3 songs, the scores are tallied and the top 3 receive gold, silver and bronze finishes. In the case of ties, the full score (hidden and never shown in this mode) is the tie breaker. A players' highest ranked completed cup will be shown in the lower left corner of each completed quest preview picture in the color of the position the player finished the cup in (gold, silver or bronze).
Finishing a song as part of a Dance Quest counts as finishing it in Dance Party, unlocking the song's associated avatar. Furthermore, at the completion of each Dance Quest, the Dance Quest's icon is unlocked as an avatar, corresponding to the Dance Quest's name. For example, one unlocks a piece of cake as an avatar at the completion of the Dance Quest "Cake".
The following is a list of all Dance Quests available in the game, each containing three songs.
Just Dance 2016
As shown at the E3 Master Class, there are some beta quests which do not appear in the final game:
- Twilight Zone
- Star Light
- Night Club
Just Dance 2017
- A (8G) indicates that this song is exclusive to the PS4, Wii U, Xbox One, and PC.
- A (S) indicates that this song is exclusive to the Nintendo Switch.
- A (CH) indicates that this song is exclusive in Chinese version.
|Name of Quest||Songs||Picture|
Cola Song (Candy People Version)
|Cool Kids||Can’t Feel My Face|
Wherever I Go
|Year Round||Last Christmas (8G)|
|New Heroines||Into You|
|Family||Watch Me (Whip/Nae Nae) (Family Battle Version)|
DADDY (Father & Son Version) (8G)
Don’t Stop Me Now (Panda Version) (S) (CH)
Tico-Tico No Fubá
|Around The World||Lean On|
|Mask||Watch Me (Whip/Nae Nae)|
Cake By The Ocean
|Keep Calm And Dance Quest||Sorry|
Don’t Wanna Know
|Strong Woman||Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)|
Like I Would (8G)
|High Energy||Don’t Stop Me Now|
RADICAL (Helmet Version) (S) (CH)
Scream & Shout (Extreme Version)
Just Dance Unlimited
These quests are exclusive to Just Dance Unlimited subscribers. If a player lacks a subscription, these quests will not be playable in the Dance Quests menu (if selected, the player will be prompted to purchase the subscription).
You compete against AIs, where each AI is represented by an avatar and a name often themed to said avatar. The avatars include avatars from both present and the past games. Below, you can find the name of each AI, plus the song they originated from within brackets.
- BWAAAH (Raving Rabbid)
- Hatsune (Ievan Polkka)
- Crazy Jockey (William Tell Overture) (P1)
- Miss Chiwawa (Chiwawa)
- Jack Parrot (Istanbul (Not Constantinople)) (P1)
- The Panda (I Gotta Feeling)
- Pinkie (All About That Bass)
- Sporty (This Is How We Do - Aerobics version)
- Dracula (This is Halloween) (P3)
- The King (Copacabana) (P2)
- Witchie (This is Halloween) (P4)
- Golden Boy (Want To Want Me)
- Helmet Boy (Animals) (P1)
- Comics Girl (Kaboom Pow)
- Boss (Hey Mama) (P2)
- Sir Groovy (Let's Groove) (P1)
- Ayuko (Hey Mama - Geisha version) (P2)
- Harlequin (Circus) (P3)
- Miss Daisy (All About That Bass - Flower & Bee version) (P2)
- Swaggy (Uptown Funk) (C3)
- La Marquise (Crucified) (P4)
- Wizard (Don't Stop Me Now)
- The Panda (Don't Stop Me Now - Panda Version)
- Tribal (Hips Don't Lie)
- Miss Samba (Carnaval Boom)
- Diver (Cake By The Ocean)
- The Ghost (Ghost In The Keys) (P4)
- La Comtesse (Cheap Thrills)
- Swaggy (Worth It - Extreme version) (P2)
- Pilot (Dragostea Din Tei) (P2)
- The Zebra (Watch Me (Whip/Nae Nae)) (P2)
- The Princess (Lean On - Scarf version)
- C-20 (Titanium)
- Pinkie (Cola Song Candy People version) (P1)
- Girly (DADDY) (P1/P3)
- Blobby (Oishii Oishii) (P1)
- Sir Groovy (Groove) (P2)
- Love Boy (What Is Love)
- Miss Robot (RADICAL)
- Mr. Carrot (PoPiPo) (P3)
- Golden Boy (Scream & Shout - Extreme version)
- The only songs in the main track list of Just Dance 2016 to not be part of a Dance Quest are Irish Meadow Dance, The Choice Is Yours, and the alternate routines for Born This Way (Nerd Version), Hit The Road Jack (Line Dance Version), and Want To Want Me (Couple Version).
- The same thing goes to Just Dance 2017 and they are All About Us, Bailar, Bonbon, Cola Song, Dragostea Din Tei, Hips Don't Lie, I Love Rock ‘N’ Roll, La Bicicleta, Little Swing, Run the Night, Scream & Shout, September, Te Dominar, What Is Love, and the alternate routines for Cake By The Ocean (Earphones Version), Cheap Thrills (Bollywood Version), El Tiki (Trio Version), Hips Don't Lie (Sumo Version), Lean On (Scarf Version), September (Disco Fitness/Sweat Version), Sorry (Extreme Version), What Is Love (Car Version), and Worth It (Extreme Version).
- During early development, each quest was originally supposed to have four songs playable instead of three.
- The Unlimited tracks in the Dance Quests are subject to possible buffering. If they do buffer for longer than fifteen seconds, there will not be a message alerting that the servers are unavailable, which is the case outside of the Dance Quests. Instead, it will buffer indefinitely until the player exits the track.
- If alternate routines are played in Dance Quests prior to unlocking, then the score will be saved, but will not be playable again outside of the mechanism until unlocked.
- The Royal Key, Mushroom, and Pine Cone quests were leaked through their avatars when the December songs of Just Dance Unlimited were released.
- There are multiple cover errors:
- The Castle quest cover shows an error; the cover for the quest lists the song in the following order; Maps, Better When I’m Dancin’, and Hey Ya. However, when you play the quest, Hey Ya will be the second song that'll be played while Better When I’m Dancin’ will be the third song.
- This is also the case for the Royal Key quest, as its cover lists the songs in the following order; Moves Like Jagger, Turn Up the Love, and Shut Up and Dance. However, Shut Up and Dance will be the second song while Turn Up the Love will be the third song.
- This also happens on the Summer Quest where the cover lists the songs in the following order; Summer, The World Is Ours, and Aserejé (The Ketchup Song). However Aserejé (The Ketchup Song) will be the second song and The World Is Ours will be the third song.
- Groove (P2)'s avatar in Just Dance 2017 has the same name of the avatar of Let's Groove (P1) in Just Dance 2016.
- Due to DADDY being blocked in the Chinese version of Just Dance 2017, the Family Quest has Watch Me (Whip/Nae Nae) (Family Battle)/Don't Stop Me Now (Panda)/Tico Tico no Fuba, and the High Energy Quest being Don't Stop Me Now/RADICAL (Helmet)/Scream & Shout (Extreme). It is also available on the Nintendo Switch.
- On Just Dance 2017, players are able to choose their desired coach on multiplayer routines when using a motion controller. When using a camera, players are only able to choose their desired coach if it's the first song of the quest; if it's the second or third song, players are randomly assigned a coach, and if they try to choose a different coach, they will be considered a new player and lose their progress.
- Kaboom Pow, Break Free and Mr. Saxobeat are the first songs to be featured on more than one Dance Quest. Kaboom Pow and Break Free are in the Comics Dance Quest on Just Dance Unlimited, Kaboom Pow appears in Cake on Just Dance 2016, Break Free appears in Special Easter on Just Dance Unlimited and Mr. Saxobeat appears in Surfboard and Watermelon on Just Dance Unlimited.
- In Just Dance 2016, there are 3 difficulties, Dancer (Easy), Just Dancer (Normal) and Dance Master (Hard).
- In Just Dance 2017, a 4th difficulty was added being called Superstar (Expert).
- Completing the final on-disc Dance Quest in 1st, 2nd, or 3rd on any difficulty will automatically show the Credits.
Just Dance 2016
Just Dance 2017
Just Dance Unlimited