The song also has an Extreme Version.
On the 8th-generation console and Nintendo Switch versions of Just Dance 2018, Despacito was one of fifteen songs to be playable from the beginning.
- 1 Appearance of the Dancers
- 2 Background
- 3 Gold Moves
- 4 Appearances in Playlists
- 5 Trivia
- 6 Gallery
- 7 Videos
- 8 References
- 9 Site Navigation
Appearance of the Dancers
The routine consists of two men (P1 and P3) and two women (P2 and P4). During the choruses, the dancers have a slight night effect.
P1 is a man with short black hair and beard. He wears a pink trilby with a yellow trim, square sunglasses, a yellow tank top, a fuchsia bracelet on his left wrist, an indigo glove, dark purple shorts, fuchsia short socks, and cobalt blue shoes with dark purple laces and white soles.
P2 is a woman with black hair in two buns tied with pink laces. She wears round sunglasses, a denim vest, a black and gold necklace, a fuchsia bra, two bracelets on her left wrist (a blue one and a fuchsia one), a purple glove, and dark purple sandals.
P3 is a man with short black hair. He wears a light blue reversed cap, square sunglasses, a black necklace, a fuchsia low-necked T-shirt, brown leather bracelets on his left wrist, an orange glove, dark blue pants, and yellow shoes with fuchsia laces and soles.
P4 is a woman with black hair in two dreadlocks and little mint green bows. She wears round sunglasses, a yellow crop top with fringes on the bottom, a fuchsia bangle on her left forearm and other yellow and fuchsia bracelets on her left wrist, a fuchsia earring on her left ear, a mint green glove, a pair of denim shorts, and dark purple sandals.
The routine takes place in a Latin town street during a celebration, closely resembling Old San Juan, Puerto Rico. There are ribbons and confetti falling around the scenery. There are also old-style buildings of varying colors. Retro cars drive on the road. At the chorus, the time of day changes to night. Farther back in the background is a beach.
There are 3 Gold Moves in this routine:
Gold Move 1: Swing your right arm to the right.
Gold Move 2: Raise your forearms while holding hands.
Gold Move 3: Put your left hand to your head and your right hand to your foot.
Despacito is featured in the following playlists:
Just Dance 2018
Just Dance 2019
Just Dance Now
- All Songs A-E
- Countdown 2021!
- Crazy Carnival
- Dance Essentials!
- Global Groove List!
- Got the Groove!
- Just Carnival!
- Latin Corner
- Sun, Sand, and Sea
- Sweat It Out!
- The Fam Jam!
- Despacito is the first song by Luis Fonsi in the series.
- Despacito is the second song by Daddy Yankee in the series.
- Officially, Daddy Yankee is credited as a featured artist. However, he is credited in-game as a co-artist.
- The clean version of the song is used; thus, "de peligro" (from "Déjame sobrepasar tus zonas de peligro") is replaced with "de tu ritmo" but appears completely censored in the lyrics. In addition, "gritos", "bam bam" (from "Sabes que esa beba está buscando de mi bam bam" and "Sabes que tu corazón conmigo te hace bam bam"), "pieza" (from the line "Es que esa belleza es un rompecabezas pero pa montarlo aquí tengo la pieza") and "Hasta que las olas griten '¡ay, bendito!'" are censored.
- Even though Daddy Yankee only says "Fonsi" at the beginning of the song, this appears as "Ay Fonsi" in the lyrics, like in the music video of the song.
- In the last verse, "I can move forever", from the Justin Bieber remix, was initially sung instead of "Para que mi sello". This was later fixed, as seen at Comic-Con Russia.
- On 7th-generation consoles, the Justin Bieber remix of the song is played when viewing AutoDance videos of Despacito in one’s gallery.
- In the UK preview video, the coaches’ outfits become lighter in the part from "Quiero ver bailar tu pelo" to "Y que olvides tu apellido". The pictograms turn lighter as well but, unlike the outfits, stay that way for the rest of the preview video.
- This detail does not appear in the Gamescom version of the game and in later releases.
- In the thumbnail for the UK preview, the coaches are stretched horizontally.
- In a poll conducted by @justdancegame on Twitter, Despacito was reported as the song that most fans were excited for to play in Just Dance 2018, garnering 35% of the votes and beating Swish Swish (34%), Side to Side (24%), and Make It Jingle (7%).
- Despacito is seen in the both the North American and British TV spots for Just Dance 2018.
Behind the Scenes
Official Music Video
- https://youtu.be/IjTQTVX5YKQ?t=16s (better source needed)
- https://youtu.be/IjTQTVX5YKQ?t=153 (better source needed)
- https://youtu.be/IjTQTVX5YKQ?t=259s (better source needed)
- https://youtu.be/IjTQTVX5YKQ?t=345s (better source needed)
- File:Just dance 2018 poll.jpg
- File:Just Dance 2018 TV Spot (US)
- File:"Your dad is so cool when he's dancing!" (TV Spot) - Just Dance 2018 (UK)
- https://vk.com/wall-91671333_7734 (Translation: "It’s way more interesting to watch domino falling slooowly.")
|Read in Other Languages|
|Deutsch • Español • Français • Italiano • Português • Português do Brasil • Polski • Pусский • Română • Tagalog • Türkçe • 中文 • 日本語|