Appearance of the Dancers
The classic routine consists of two men (P1 and P3) and two women (P2 and P4). During the choruses, the dancers have a slight night effect.
P1 is a man with short black hair and beard. He wears a pink trilby with a yellow trim, square sunglasses, a yellow tank top, a fuchsia bracelet on his left wrist, an indigo glove, dark purple shorts, fuchsia short socks and cobalt blue shoes with dark purple laces and white soles.
P2 is a woman with black hair in two buns tied with pink laces. She wears round sunglasses, a denim vest, a black and gold necklace, a fuchsia bra, two bracelets on her left wrist (a blue one and a fuchsia one), a purple glove and dark purple sandals.
P3 is a man with short black hair. He wears a light blue reversed cap, square sunglasses, a black necklace, a fuchsia low-necked T-shirt, brown leather bracelets on his left wrist, an orange glove, dark blue pants and yellow shoes with fuchsia laces and soles.
P4 is a woman with black hair in two dreadlocks and little mint green bows. She wears round sunglasses, a yellow crop top with fringes on the bottom, a fuchsia bangle on her left forearm and other yellow and fuchsia bracelets on her left wrist, a mint green glove, a pair of denim shorts and dark purple sandals.
The dancer is a man. He wears a sky blue beret, a black leather jacket, a red button down shirt, gold necklaces and one gold earring, sky blue pants, and black shoes. He also has a golden chain on his pants.
The routine takes place in a Latin town street during a celebration, closely resembling Cuba. There are ribbons and confetti falling around the scenery. There are also old-style buildings of varying colors. Retro cars drive on the road. At the chorus, the time of day changes to night. Farther in the background is a beach.
The background for the alternate routine uses the same templates as the classic mode. The only difference is that colored screens filter it. The filters are primarily pink, yellow, and blue.
There are 3 Gold Moves in this routine:
Gold Move 1: Swing your right arm to the right.
Gold Move 2: Raise your forearms while holding hands.
Gold Move 3: Put your left hand to your head and your right hand to your foot.
There are 3 Gold Moves in this routine:
Gold Moves 1 and 3: Hit the air to the right with both hands while raising your left leg.
Gold Move 2: Hit the air to your left with both hands twice.
- Despacito is the second song by Daddy Yankee in the series.
- Officially, Daddy Yankee is credited as a featured artist. However, he is credited in-game as a co-artist.
- The clean version of the song is used, thus "de peligro" (from "Déjame sobrepasar tus zonas de peligro") is replaced with "de tu ritmo". In addition, "gritos", "bam bam" (from "Sabes que esa beba está buscando de mi bam bam" and "Sabes que tu corazón conmigo te hace bam bam"), "pieza" (from the line "Es que esa belleza es un rompecabezas pero pa montarlo aquí tengo la pieza") and the entire line "Hasta que las olas griten '¡ay, bendito!'" are censored.
- Although "gritos" is censored, the last time "Hasta provocar tus gritos" is sung, it is not censored.
- Despacito is the sixth song in which a non-English word is censored, after María, Alfonso Signorini (Eroe Nazionale), DADDY, Bonbon, and Chantaje.
- Despacito is the seventh song that a full line is censored, followed by American Boy, Party Rock Anthem, The Way, Bang Bang, Make It Jingle, and Kissing Strangers.
- However, instead of showing "..." for each word that is censored in the line, it only appears once.
- In the last verse, "I can move forever", from the Justin Bieber remix, was initially sung instead of "Para que mi sello” This was later fixed, as seen at Russia Comic-Con.
- On 7th generation consoles, the Justin Bieber remix of the song is played when viewing autodance videos of "Despacito" in one's gallery.
- In the UK preview video, the coaches’ outfits become lighter in the part from "Quiero ver bailar tu pelo" to "Y que olvides tu apellido". The pictograms turn lighter as well but, unlike the outfits, stay that way for the rest of the preview video.
- This detail does not appear in the Gamescom version of the game and in later releases.
- P4’s hair is similar to the hair of P2 of Worth It (Extreme Dance Crew) And P1 of Chantaje (Subway version).
- Even though Daddy Yankee only says "Fonsi" at the beginning of the song, in the lyrics this appears "Ay Fonsi", like in the music video of the song.
- In the thumbnail for the UK preview, the coaches are stretched horizontally.
- In a poll conducted by @justdancegame on Twitter, Despacito was reported as the song that most fans were excited for to play in Just Dance 2018, garnering 35% of the votes and beating Swish Swish (34%), Side to Side (24%), and Make It Jingle (7%).
- Despacito was used in the both the North American and British TV spots for Just Dance 2018.
- There is a glitch during the Extreme version in Just Dance Now. At the end of the routine, the background becomes white for a second before the routine ends.
- Despacito has the most watched preview on justdancegame’s official YouTube channel. As of June 10, 2018, it has 3.060.432 views
Behind the Scenes
- For the complete Behind the Scenes video, see File:Despacito - Behind the Scenes (US).
Official Music Video
- ↑ File:CelineDespacito.png
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 https://www.instagram.com/p/BYYM1d_lW3o/?taken-by=ezzahrarts
- ↑ https://youtu.be /IjTQTVX5YKQ?t=16
- ↑ https://youtu.be/IjTQTVX5YKQ?t=153
- ↑ https://youtu.be/IjTQTVX5YKQ?t=259
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjTQTVX5YKQ&feature=youtu.be&t=345
- ↑ https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7T7z0A1bDsk (3:09)
- ↑ https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1sKh1lVcfnk
- ↑ https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yVVMSlJx6Z8
- ↑ https://twitter.com/justdancegame/status/915289148524716032
- ↑ https://twitter.com/justdancegame/status/916030265608216576
- ↑ File:Just dance 2018 poll.jpg
- ↑ File:Just Dance 2018 TV Spot (US)
- ↑ File:"Your dad is so cool when he's dancing!" (TV Spot) - Just Dance 2018 (UK)
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CycRQkzBfkM
- ↑ https://vk.com/wall-91671333_7734 (Translation: "It’s way more interesting to watch domino falling slooowly.")