- 1 Appearance of the Dancer
- 2 Background
- 3 Gold Moves
- 4 Appearances in Playlists
- 5 Trivia
- 6 Gallery
- 7 Videos
- 8 References
- 9 Site Navigation
Appearance of the Dancer
The dancer is a woman who resembles Dua Lipa. She has shoulder-length, pastel pink hair with darker purple roots. It is slightly asymmetrical and parted to her right. She wears a long, metallic, aqua blue dress that gets slighter lighter the higher up the dress goes and has long sleeves. The dress has slits up both legs and an exposed chest, revealing a dark blue brassiere beneath. It features a strap around the neck, below the bust, and two crossing straps across the chest. Her shoes glow, they are shiny, violet platform heels. She also wears a pair of cat-eye sunglasses with purple lenses and light pink frames. She accessorizes with gold hoop earrings, chunky, gold bangles on her wrists, and a multitude of gold chain belts around her waist. The dancer has a glowing, indigo outline and a rose-red glove.
The background takes place inside a disco ball, similar to Smile (Улыбайся). The dancer stands on a platform that reflects the tiles of the disco ball. In the first verse, the tiles are a gradient of pale gold to light red, with random squares lighting up turquoise to the beat. Rows of tiles slide and large, concentric rings pulsate out to the music. During the pre-chorus, the background shifts to a darker violet and the tiles get smaller, revealing a bright, white light shining between them (this also causes the dancer to become backlit). Random rows of tiles light golden yellow to the piano. At the chorus, the tiles return to their original size and change to a gradient of magenta to light yellow. The whole ball begins to spin, with the rows tilting diagonally and various squares flashing white to the beat, at second verse, the background is a gradient of pastel orange to turquoise, with random squares lightning up pink to the beat, during the bridge, the background is more transparent in a gradient of fuchsia and cyan as we can see the coach in the back, as well as the final chorus.
There are 2 Gold Moves in this routine:
Gold Move 1: Bend over to the right and move your hands frontward before retreating them back.
Gold Move 2: Put your right hand by your chin, and use your left hand to support your right arm.
Don’t Start Now appears in the following playlists:
Just Dance 2021
Just Dance Now
- Best Of Just Dance 2021
- Celebrate Music!
- Dance Essentials!
- Dance Therapy!
- Dancing for Gaia!
- Easy Peasy Party
- Hall Of Fame
- Got the Groove!
- Pop Parade!
- Don’t Start Now is the fifth song by Dua Lipa in the series.
- It is the second song of hers to have an alternate routine. Coincidentally, both of them are Extreme routines with a male coach.
- Don’t Start Now was one of the three songs to be leaked before official announcement via Microsoft’s website, the others being Feel Special and Señorita.
- In the preview uploaded to Ubisoft’s Latin American YouTube channel, the title is incomplete, as it only reads "Just Dance 2021 - Don’t Start".
- In the preview, the folds of the coach’s dress are more visible than in the final routine.
- Additionally, the dress’ hues getting darker lower on the dress is due to chroma key instead of the dress actually being designed this way (as seen when the dancer bends over for Gold Move 1). This technique has largely been unused since Just Dance 3.
- The avatar’s hair is dark red instead of pastel pink, and her roots of her hair, and her sunglasses are black instead of darker purple.
- One pictogram’s name misspells “walking” as “wlaking”.
Official Music Video
|Read in Other Languages|
|Deutsch • Español • Français • Italiano • Português • Português do Brasil • Polski • Pусский • Română • Tagalog • Türkçe • 中文 • 日本語|