- For the Just Dance Kids routine, see Funkytown (Just Dance Kids).
"Funkytown" by Lipps Inc. (covered by Sweat Invaders in-game) is featured on the Best Buy edition of Just Dance 2. The song also appears on Just Dance: Summer Party, Just Dance Now, and Just Dance Unlimited.
- 1 Appearance of the Dancer
- 2 Background
- 3 Gold Moves
- 4 Appearances in Mashups
- 5 Captions
- 6 Appearances in Playlists
- 7 Trivia
- 8 Gallery
- 9 Videos
- 10 References
- 11 Site Navigation
Appearance of the Dancer
The dancer is a male, green, frog-like alien. He is wearing a dark green suit with a Saturn logo, a white belt with a futurist ray weapon, a pink with white accents collar, and dark green boots.
In the remake, the color palette for the dancer is now more saturated, and he now looks more realistic.
The background appears to take place in an old film. There are UFOs flying around, as if there is an invasion going on, and one of the UFOs are shooting beams. Plus, there is a farm on the ground, and there are aliens can be seen walking around the place. A cow is seen being abducted.
The colors for the background have been changed from black and white to sepia.
There are 4 Gold Moves in the routine, all of which are the same.
All Gold Moves: Flap your arms. All four moves are done consecutively during the chorus.
Funkytown appears in the following Mashups:
- Bad Romance (Monsters)
- Irish Meadow Dance
- Jamaican Dance
- Just a Gigolo
- You’re the First, the Last, My Everything
Funkytown appears in Puppet/Party Master Modes. Here are the captions attributed to his dance moves:
- Flying Frog
- Frog On Fire
- Funky Frog
- Funky Walk
- Funny Frog
- Funny Frog Swing
- Lazy Frog
- Mad Frog
- Traffic Frog
Funkytown is featured in the following playlists:
Just Dance 2019
Just Dance Now
- Funkytown is the first of four songs in the Just Dance series that appeared in the soundtrack of Shrek 2. The second is Accidentally in Love (Just Dance Kids 2), the third is Livin’ la Vida Loca (Just Dance 4), and the fourth is Holding Out for a Hero (Just Dance 2015).
- In Just Dance Unlimited and later versions of Just Dance Now, the name of this track has been re-credited as Funky Town.
- The cover by Sweat Invaders has a different ending from the original.
- The cover’s instrumental was recycled from Rayman Raving Rabbids 2, however the vocals were altered in the game.
- In the Just Dance 2 menu square, the coach’s mouth has a slightly different shape.
- When the dancer uses his tongue as a violin, it can actually be seen that, during the third repetition, his tongue comes out from the left side of his head and not from his mouth.
- In Just Dance 2 and Just Dance: Summer Party, whenever the dancer raises his arms or jumps, his hand or head get cut out.
- This was fixed in the remake.
- In Jamaican Dance (Mashup), three of the Gold Moves have been removed.
- The background appears in Rock Lobster.
- Some of the pictograms have names that reference Tom Sawyer.
- In Just Dance Now, the preview does not show the Gold Move effect during the Gold Move.
- A sticker of the song’s clouds can be unlocked in Just Dance 2020 by dancing to Rain Over Me (Extreme Version) three times.
Behind The Scenes
|Read in Other Languages|
|Deutsch • Español • Français • Italiano • Português • Português do Brasil • Polski • Pусский • Română • Tagalog • Türkçe • 中文 • 日本語|