- 1 Appearance of the Dancers
- 2 Background
- 3 Gold Moves
- 4 Appearances in Playlists
- 5 Trivia
- 6 Gallery
- 7 Videos
- 8 References
- 9 Site Navigation
Appearance of the Dancers
The dancers are two female teenagers who appear to have clashing personalities.
P1 has magenta hair with purple streaks in two buns. She wears a purple singlet, purple leggings, purple bracelets, a dark pink necklace, a red belt, and a pair of red shoes. She has a dark purple outline.
In the remake, her skirt and leggings are slightly darker, and her hair and glove are now a red color, but overall her outfit and color scheme is the same.
P2 has middle-short orange hair with a green headband. She wears a blue and white checkered school sweater over a blue collared shirt, orange glasses, orange shirt cuffs, a short blue skirt, and a pair of lime green shoes. She has a blue outline.
In the remake, her hair, glasses and shirt cuffs are now red-orange, and the blue parts of her sweater, collar shirt and skirt are now blue-green. She is now more saturated.
The background is composed of two parts with checkered patterns: at the left it is purple-red and black with skulls-and-bones, and at the right it is sky blue and black with hearts. There are also two speakers and wires on the floor. They are supposed to correspond to the personalities of the two dancers; punk and good girl.
There are 3 Gold Moves in this routine:
Gold Moves 1 and 2: Raise your arms up while jumping.
Gold Move 3: Cross both of your arms. P1 does this while facing to left and P2 does this while facing to right.
Girlfriend is featured in the following playlists:
Just Dance 2020
- Dance Into The 2000s
Just Dance Now
- Groovy Queens!
- Valentine Vibes!
- The Best of 2000s!
- All Songs F-J
- This is the first song by Avril Lavigne to be featured in the series.
- Girlfriend, along with TiK ToK, is the only song from Just Dance 2 that returns in Just Dance Wii 2.
- "Damn", "motherf**king" and "hell" are censored.
- In Just Dance 2, the line "What the hell were you thinking?" first appears as "What the ... were you thinking?", but then it reappears as "What were you thinking?".
- "The hell" is replaced with "type" in terms of audio, but "hell" is still replaced with three dots (...) in the lyrics.
- In the line "And that’s what everyone’s talking about", "everyone" appears mistakenly as "everybody".
- Starting from Just Dance: Greatest Hits, Girlfriend holds the record for the Duet routine with the lowest amount of unique pictograms in the main series, with only thirteen.
- The record was also applicable to the main series as a whole until Happy Birthday (which only has twelve pictograms) broke it.
- In Just Dance: Greatest Hits and Just Dance Wii 2, the pictograms are in Just Dance 4 style.
- Along with Hot N Cold, this is the only routine in Just Dance: Greatest Hits where this happens.
- The dancers were originally going to have different color schemes, as seen in the Just Dance 2 menu icon. P1’s hair, tank top, bracelets and pants were red instead of purple, her highlights, her bra and her skirt were yellow instead of violet, and her collar, her glove and her belt were green instead of fuchsia. P2’s palette was less different from the final result than P1’s, as the only differences are her hair, which is in a lighter shade, the blue parts of her outfit, which are lighter, and her headband, her belt and her glove, which were fuchsia instead of green.
- The Just Dance 2 menu icon shows P2 on the left and P1 on the right, suggesting that the dancers were going to be flipped.
- There is a glitch with P2’s bracelets: there is a yellow line on them and the orange (red in the remake) part gets lighter when she lowers her arms.
- Additionally, there is a small patch (the same shade as the colored part of her sweater) on them when she performs certain moves.
- There is also a glitch where parts of P2’s glove become orange. As opposed to the previously mentioned ones, however, this one has been fixed in the remake.
- In the menu icon in Just Dance: Greatest Hits and Just Dance Wii 2, P1’s outline, glove and belt are mistakenly colored pink, and the rest of her outfit is slightly more pinkish.
- In the Just Dance: Greatest Hits and Just Dance Wii 2 versions, the Gold Move 1 and 2 pictogram’s arrows are golden instead of having the same color as their related coach.
- In the remake, the arrows have been recolored to match their associated pictograms, but they do not glow, unlike the rest of the pictograms themselves.
- In Just Dance Wii 2, the code name is spelled as "GirlFriend"; from Just Dance Now onwards, instead, it is spelled as "Girlfriend".
- As seen in the Just Dance Now servers, the coaches were originally meant to keep their initial color scheme and have more visible facial features.
- The lightning symbol is mirrored in the square and in the Just Dance Unlimited menu banner.
Official Music Video
|Read in Other Languages|
|Deutsch • Español • Français • Italiano • Português • Português do Brasil • Polski • Pусский • Română • Tagalog • Türkçe • 中文 • 日本語|