Appearance of the Dancer
The dancer appears to be a mix between Aztec and African. His skin is dark purple, and his body parts are painted differently. The paint changes colors often but is mostly notable to be green and yellow. He wears a grass skirt and something similar to that on his head. He is darker and has a glowing aura in his outlines in the remake.
Just Dance 3
The routine takes place in front of a blue Aztec background. The background makes several revolutions, shines, and shows silhouettes of the dancer. In the middle, there is an emblem that looks like a leaf. The most focused colors in the background are only blue, red, pink and purple.
In the remake, the background is darker and the revolutions are brighter. Some applause effects are implemented in the beginning and the end.
There are 4 Gold Moves in the routine:
Gold Moves 1, 2 and 3: Bend your knees while leaning your arm inwards.
Gold Move 4: Quickly swing your right arm upwards with a hit into the air.
Hey Boy Hey Girl appears in the following Mashups:
- Addicted To You (Black Light)
- Beauty And A Beat
- Gonna Make You Sweat (Everybody Dance Now)
- Irish Meadow Dance
- Jump (For My Love)
- Moves Like Jagger
- Pound The Alarm
- Rock n’ Roll (Will Take You to the Mountain)
- She’s Got Me Dancing
- She Wolf (Falling to Pieces)
- The Fox (What Does The Fox Say?) (Shamans)
- Where Have You Been
Hey Boy Hey Girl appears in Puppet/Party Master Modes. Here are the captions attributed to his dance moves:
- African Mill
- African Punch
- African Swim
- Joggers Jig
- King Of Africa
- Out Of Africa
- Witch Doctor
- Aside from the Barbra Streisand (Extreme), Hey Boy Hey Girl is the hardest and most exhausting routine of Just Dance 3. Its difficulty and effort ratings are both 3.
- The avatar for this song can be unlocked on Just Dance 2014 along with Limbo (Mashup) in January.
- Hey Boy Hey Girl is one of the few coaches that does not have white skin, unlike most dancers.
- Hey Boy Hey Girl is the only routine from Just Dance 3 where the Xbox 360 background is used for the menu icon instead of the Wii/PS3 background.
- One of the pictograms has half uncolored legs, like the unfinished pictogram in Iko Iko.
- The avatar’s crown has a lime green top, although the coach's crown has a golden top.
- Hey Boy Hey Girl was cut by 45 seconds for the game.
- In Irish Meadow Dance (Mashup), the dancer is overwhelmed by a huge aura on his entire body.
- In Dynamite’s Mashup, the last move of the coach’s part is counted as a Gold Move, although it is counted as a regular move in the original routine.
- In the Xbox 360 version of Just Dance 3, the pictogram for Gold Move 4 fades away too early.
Official Music Video
|Read in Other Languages|
|Deutsch • Español • Français • Italiano • Português • Português do Brasil • Polski • Pусский • Română • Tagalog • Türkçe • 中文 • 日本語|