|This article is about the song by David Guetta. You may be looking for the song by The Black Eyed Peas with the same name.|
"Hey Mama" by David Guetta featuring Nicki Minaj, Bebe Rexha and Afrojack is featured on Just Dance 2016, Just Dance Now, and Just Dance Unlimited. The song was also intended to be included on Just Dance 2020 as part of All Stars Mode but was replaced with Chiwawa.
The song has an alternate routine titled "Geisha Version".
- 1 Appearance of the Dancers
- 2 Background
- 3 Gold Moves
- 4 Dance Quests
- 5 Community Remix
- 6 Appearances in Playlists
- 7 Trivia
- 8 Gallery
- 9 Videos
- 10 References
- 11 Site Navigation
Appearance of the Dancers
The routine is performed by a trio of two men and a woman dressed as soldiers.
P2 represents a military commander. She has an army cap that covers her red hair, a pair of black round-framed sunglasses, and is wearing a grey army uniform with a black skirt. She is also wearing a pair of navy blue boots.
P1 and P3 are male soldiers with soldier hats covering their neatly combed hair. They are in a black jacket which covers an orange top. On top of that, they are also wearing a pair of long black jeans as well as a pair of black shoes each. They blend in with the rest of the troops.
P3 has rounder eye shapes, compared to P1.
After the second chorus, the dancers can be seen going through multiple stages of color inversions.
The routine takes place in a military aircraft dispatching platform. There is an Air Force standing behind the lead and backup dancers - all the troops have the same appearance as the backup dancers. The dance platform is seen ascending through levels of troop sections before reaching the top. Then, the dispatching platform can be seen opening, revealing a bright sky and even more troops on land dancing along. The platform lights up to the rhythm of the song.
There are 3 Gold Moves in this routine, all of which are the same:
All Gold Moves:
- P2: Salute while bending your left arm and slightly move your head.
- P1/P3: Salute while jumping.
Hey Mama is featured in the following Dance Quests maps:
Hey Mama has a Community Remix. The following are featured:
- Diabolickooke (Netherlands)
- AmanditaMM (Brazil)
- Susie Slaytanic (USA)
- morales360bkn (Chile)
- Victor6z12 (Italy)
- ZillyZucchini (USA)
- mzsx536 (USA)
- MrManu96 (Italy)
- chtumix89 (Italy)
- MattGamer2004 (Canada)
- kurashiki01 (Russia)
- Joseiiin97 (Italy)
- CarlosShadow7 (Portugal)
- jmichew (Malaysia)
- dimitrol707 (Russia)
- kittykuma (USA)
- SabrinaRocket (Germany)
- dim0n19 (Russia)
- Paulo Barizon (Brazil)
- YeoJulietaMin (Italy)
- feardog11 (USA)
- nijishoujo (USA)
- twanboy_13 (Russia)
- Mereth86 (Spain)
- DnDarkPK (Brazil)
Hey Mama is featured in the following playlists:
Just Dance 2019
Just Dance Now
- 10 Years of Just Dance!
- All Songs F-J
- Celebrate Fashion Week!
- Dancin’ in the Dark!
- Hall Of Fame
Just Dance Unlimited
- Dancing on the Edge
- Girl Power
- Hall Of Fame
- Just Dance 2016
- Unlimited F-J
- Hey Mama is the second song by David Guetta in the main series.
- "Freak", "nana", "d**k", "b**ches”, and "f**king" are censored.
- "D**k", "f**king", and "b**ches" were already censored in the official music video.
- "Nana" was not censored during E3.
- In the E3 demo, an alternate version of the song was used, where the part that samples Rosie by Alan Lomax is covered, presumably to avoid copyright issues. It is the same that was used in the iHeartRadio Summer Pool Party of 2015.
- It is not covered in the final version of the game.
- The covered version is used in the trailer for the film Sisters.
- Hey Mama is the first song to have two Trio routines: Classic and Geisha Version.
- Hey Mama was set to be in All Stars Mode but was scrapped for unknown reasons.
- However, one of the backup dancers still appears in the cutscene when High Hopes is unlocked.
- Despite the song being a Trio, P1 and P3 (as well as the unplayable backup dancers) are performed by the same dancer as seen in the Just Dance 2016 Behind-The-Scenes footage.
- During the line "Beating my drum like dum-di-di-day," the word "my" shows up as "the" in the lyrics. The word "plus" in the line "plus I keep the ..." appears as "yes".
- This could have been intentional.
- The Just Dance Now files for Hey Mama show that P3’s icon from the menu selection is less centered than P1’s.
- In the Just Dance Now menu, Hey Mama and Born This Way were erroneously placed before Bad Romance.
- This was later fixed.
- A score detection file is named "heymama_karatekid.msm", referencing the movie series.
- As of October 17, 2019, some pictograms including the Gold Move has been updated from the classic routine.
- This makes the twelfth post-Just Dance 3 routine to receive changes in its pictograms.
- P1 and P3 appear in the "How to save playlists" tip in Just Dance 2020.
- In Hey Mama (Community Remix), player names and country flags are shown. This feature was included in all Community Remixes in Just Dance 2015 and in Uptown Funk (Community Remix), but it was discontinued by the time All About That Bass (Community Remix) was released.
- Also, ZillyZucchini is the only participant to be chosen twice for this Community Remix.
- The Community Remix is affected by a glitch that makes the coaches freeze for the rest of the song. While this happens, the pictograms and the lyrics keep working but they are heavily slowed down, as well as the song.
- On Just Dance Unlimited, the player can only play as P2 on the song's Community Remix. This is, however, not the case on Just Dance Now, as the player can play as P1 and P3 on that game.
- The song was played during the play-off of the Just Dance World Cup 2015.
- The Community Remix reappears in Just Dance 2017. This would also make it the last community remix available in the Wii Version.
- However, it was removed in the final version.
- In Just Dance Now, the cover is the same one used for the Classic.
- Unlike the other Showtimes with censored words, the censors are represented by boxes covering the words instead of the usual ellipsis (...) replacing them.
- When "nana" is censored, the edge of the second "A" can still be seen.
Behind the Scenes
Official Music Video
|Read in Other Languages|
|Deutsch • Español • Français • Italiano • Português • Português do Brasil • Polski • Pусский • Română • Tagalog • Türkçe • 中文 • 日本語|