| Remove the bandaids!
This article contains images or videos with watermarks. If possible, please replace them with non-watermarked media.
Appearance of the Dancers
The routine is performed by a mixed gender dance crew. Their outfits were based off of Roman gladiators. They have purple outlines.
P1 is a man with short, black hair and a short, black beard. He wears a gold spiked helmet that leaves half of the back of his head exposed. He also wears a red one-sleeved shirt with black leather straps, two dagger holsters with orange and red ribbons, a black arm-length wraps in his right arm, a pair of black pants, and a pair of yellow shoes with black soles.
P2 is a woman with long, black hair in a ponytail. She wears a yellow bra with chains that attach on a black choker in her neck, black and pink arm wraps, a pair of golden wrist cuffs, a red skirt with a golden border, a pair of red knee-high socks, and a pair of flat, black ankle boots. Her accessories includes a gold band on her hair, a golden tiara on her head, and a gold rope attached on the side of her skirt.
P3 is a man with short, black hair in a pompadour. He wears an orange tunic exposed on both sides, golden shoulder pads, a wide, black belt with gold embellishments and chains, a pair of red capris, and a pair of black leather boots. He has a pink-gold trident attached on his back by a black strap across his chest.
P4 is a woman with black and pink braids; her head is shaved on her left side. She wears a blue and yellow sleeveless dress with gold embellishments in the waist, a pair of orange knee-high socks with yellow shin-pads, and a pair of flat, black ankle boots. She has a golden sword attached on her back by a black strap across her chest.
The background takes place at a coliseum. It shows the entrance and transitions inside. The pink clouds in the sky have an exaggerated swirl pattern. Starting at the bridge, the dancers float away from the coliseum and enter the lavender sky. In the chorus, female statues appear on the clouds and dancers from previous routines such as Lean On (P2), California Gurls, Swish Swish (P1), Starships, I Gotta Feeling, and Hot N Cold dance around on other clouds. They also appear near the end to dance along with the coaches.
There are 2 Gold Moves in this routine:
Gold Move 1: This is a Wave Gold Move which occurs in the following order:
- P1: Lift up your right fist.
- P4: Lift up both of your fists.
- P2: Put your right hand on your heart.
- P3: Put your right fist on your chest.
- High Hopes is the second song by Panic! at the Disco in the series.
- Thus, Panic! at the Disco is tied for the record for the longest absence since the artist's debut and their second game, with eight games. They share this record with Q-Tip.
- High Hopes was played during Ubisoft’s E3 2019 press conference.
- In the Nintendo Switch version of the Gamescom build, unlike the Xbox One and PS4 builds, there was a glitch preventing this song from being played as the game treats it as an unlockable map and the lock icon will appear if the player tries to select it.
- The coaches from California Gurls, Hot N Cold, Lean On (P2), Starships, Swish Swish (P1), and the panda make cameos in the background.
- The panda was the only background character not doing the dance towards the end.
- A Behind-the-Scenes shooting of Built For This performing the moves in the chorus was shared through social media, although the coach does not appear in the background.
- The second Gold Move pictogram for P2 incorrectly instructs P1 to raise his right arm again.
- At the end of the routine, when the 4 dancers pose, so do the past dancers in their own unique pose.
Behind the Scenes
Official Music Video
|Read in Other Languages|
|Deutsch • Español • Français • Italiano • Português • Português do Brasil • Polski • Pусский • Română • Tagalog • Türkçe • 中文 • 日本語|