"How Far I’ll Go" by Auli’i Cravalho (covered by Sarah Milton and credited as Disney’s Moana in-game) is featured on Just Dance 2018, Just Dance Now, Just Dance Unlimited, and 舞力无限. The song also appears on Kids Mode.
On the 8th-generation console and Nintendo Switch versions of Just Dance 2018, How Far I’ll Go was one of fifteen songs to be playable from the beginning.
- 1 Appearance of the Dancer
- 2 Background
- 3 Gold Moves
- 4 Appearances in Playlists
- 5 Trivia
- 6 Gallery
- 7 Videos
- 8 References
- 9 Site Navigation
Appearance of the Dancer
The dancer resembles Moana. She has long, silky black hair, and a brown skin tone. She wears a white skirt with flowers on them. She wears the pendant (which could be containing the Heart of Te Fiti) that Moana had in the movie. She also wears a red top with markings on it, and a white line in the middle. She is barefoot. Around her waist, she appears to have a shirt tied around it.
The beginning of the song starts with a wave that reveals the movie title written on the sand; right after that, Moana is seen on a shore in front of an ocean, the setting takes takes place at Moana’s home on Motunui with a palm tree on the left and a mountain behind. The scenery constantly switches from daytime to nighttime or sunset, and it becomes dark with exploding purple sprinkles coming out of the sand before the start of the second chorus.
During the chorus, elements from Maui's music video from "You’re Welcome" are present. There is a Hawaiian theme, including palm trees, and a sunrise with a tiki face on it. The second part of the chorus shows red and yellow Hawaiian necklaces and flowers slowly falling into the blue waves of the ocean, resembling the movie.
When the second chorus is repeated, the background switches to a wooden boat sailing on the sea at night which Moana had built from the movie, with sparkles and luminous blue boats with Hawaiian-styled silhouettes of people on them. There is even a fish hook constellation where Gramma Tala says that it leads to Maui, that magically appears when the last chorus appears.
There are 3 Gold Moves in this routine:
Gold Moves 1 and 2: Facing to the left, raise your arms up to your right while walking forward.
Gold Move 3: Swing your arms above your head while crouching. Your right leg should be behind your left and you should almost be kneeling.
How Far I’ll Go appears in the following playlists:
Just Dance Now
- Groove Together, Forever!
- A Night at the Movies
- Kids Corner
- All Songs F-J
- How Far I’ll Go is the sixth Disney song in the main series.
- How Far I’ll Go was first teased on September 5, 2017, on the Polish Just Dance Instagram page (@justdance_pl). It was later teased on English-language platforms.
- How Far I’ll Go is the tenth routine whose coach resembles a licensed character, after Just Mario, Time Warp, Prince Ali, Let It Go, Balkan Blast Remix, Under the Sea, You’re The One That I Want, Chiwawa (Remastered Version), and Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go (From the Emoji Movie).
- How Far I’ll Go is the first routine in Just Dance Unlimited whose map background does not apply gradients to the original background.
- On the eighth-generation version of Just Dance 2018, the preview audio starts at "See the line where the sky meets the sea"; on the seventh generation version, instead, it starts at "Every trail I track".
- A full official gameplay of How Far I’ll Go was uploaded to Just Dance’s international channel on August 3, 2020, along with Into The Unknown, Junto a Ti, Let It Go, Prince Ali, Un Poco Loco, and Under the Sea.
Behind the Scenes
- For the complete Behind the Scenes video, see File:How Far I’ll Go - Behind the Scenes (US).
Official Music Video
Behind the Scenes
|Read in Other Languages|
|Deutsch • Español • Français • Italiano • Português • Português do Brasil • Polski • Pусский • Română • Tagalog • Türkçe • 中文 • 日本語|