"How Far I’ll Go" by Auli’i Cravalho (covered by Sarah Milton and credited as Disney’s Moana in-game) is featured on Just Dance 2018, Just Dance Now and Just Dance Unlimited. The song also appears on Kids Mode.
Appearance of the Dancer
The dancer resembles Moana. She has long, silky black hair, and a brown skin tone. She wears a white skirt with flowers on them. She wears the pendant, known as the "Heart of Te Fiti" that Moana had in the movie. She also wears a red top with markings on it, and a white line in the middle. She is barefoot. Around her waist, she appears to have a shirt tied around it.
The beginning of the song starts with a wave that reveals the movie title written on the sand; right after that, "Moana" is seen on a shore in front of an ocean, the setting takes takes place at Moana’s home at Motunui with a palm tree on the left and a mountain behind. The scenery constantly switches from daytime to nighttime or sunset, and it becomes dark with exploding purple sprinkles coming out of the sand before the start of the second chorus.
During the chorus, elements from Maui's music video from "You're Welcome" are present. There is a Hawaiian theme, including palm trees, and a sunrise with a tiki face on it. The second part of the chorus shows red and yellow Hawaiian necklaces and flowers slowly falling into the blue waves of the ocean, resembling the movie.
When the second chorus is repeated, the background switches to a wooden boat sailing on the sea at night which Moana had built from the movie, with sparkles and luminous blue boats with Hawaiian-styled silhouettes of people on them. There is even a fish hook constellation where Gramma Tala says that it leads to Maui, that magically appears when the last chorus appears.
There are 3 Gold Moves in this routine:
Gold Moves 1 and 2: Facing to the left, raise your arms up to your right while walking forward.
Gold Move 3: Swing your arms above your head while crouching. Your right leg should be behind your left and you should almost be kneeling.
How Far I’ll Go appears in the following playlists:
Just Dance Now
- A Night at the Movies
- Kids Corner
- All Songs F-J
| ||The Manual of Style has recently been updated, and this section of the article requires major reformatting to comply with the MoS. Help this Wiki by editing it.|
- How Far I’ll Go was first teased on September 5, 2017, on the Polish Just Dance Instagram (@justdance_pl). It was later teased on English-language platforms.
- The dancer resembles Moana from the movie.
- How Far I’ll Go is the sixth Disney song in the main series.
- On the eighth-generation version of the game, the preview audio starts at "See the line where the sky meets the sea"; on the seventh generation version, instead, it starts at "Every trail I track".
- During the last chorus where Moana is dancing on her boat, several characters appear behind her, with Grandma Tala appearing first as a stingray spirit, then other people with their own boats including her ancestor Matai Vasa.
- A Behind-The-Scenes video revealed that the glove was originally a purple color.
- A full official gameplay of How Far I’ll Go was uploaded to Just Dance’s official YouTube channel on August 3, 2020, along with Into The Unknown, Junto a Ti, Let It Go, Prince Ali, Un Poco Loco, and Under the Sea.
- They are the eleventh, twelfth, thirteenth, fourteenth, fifteenth, sixteenth and seventeenth full gameplays to be uploaded to Just Dance’s official YouTube channel, after Firework, You’re On My Mind, Taste The Feeling (Olympic Community Remix), Cosmic Party, Freeze Please, Happy Birthday, Jungle Dances, Magical Morning, and Shinobi Cat.
Behind the Scenes
- For the complete Behind the Scenes video, see File:How Far I’ll Go - Behind the Scenes (US).
Behind the Scenes
|Read in Other Languages|
|Deutsch • Español • Français • Italiano • Português • Português do Brasil • Polski • Pусский • Română • Tagalog • Türkçe • 中文 • 日本語|