"In the Hall of the Pixel King" is featured on Just Dance 2018, Just Dance Now, Just Dance Unlimited, and 舞力无限. The song features a chiptune remix of In the Hall of the Mountain King by Edvard Grieg and Ode to Joy by Ludwig van Beethoven.
The routine was also planned to appear on Kids Mode in Just Dance 2018, but it was never added to the final version of the feature.
Appearance of the Dancer
The dancer is a man with blonde hair. He has a dark red pilot’s cap with goggles on it. He is wearing a cyan, yellow, and red colored shirt with an 8-bit design. He has a purple fingerless glove on his left arm and a blue fingerless glove on his right arm. He is wearing shorts which are the same color as his shirt and a pair of red shoes.
The routine takes place in a level in a platformer video game. The routine has four different backgrounds. The background starts inside at an underground level. As the tempo speeds up, the level takes place on a grassland level, and pixelated coins can be seen floating in the sky. Halfway into the routine, the dancer rides on a skateboard, then the background changes into a cloud level in which the camera pans up vertically. The skateboard then disappears into a cloud, where then there are cloud platforms.
As the track changes to Ode to Joy, the dancer is seen hopping vertically through cloud platforms.
As the track changes back to In Hall of the Mountain King, with a faster tempo, the background changes into a level that is completely made out of ice. In the end, a treasure chest is seen along side the dancer, indicating that the dancer has won the "game".
Throughout the routine, various objects like coins, enemies, and obstacles appear.
There are 3 Gold Moves in this routine:
Gold Moves 1 and 3: Put your left hand on your hip and your right fist up.
Gold Move 2: Punch with your right arm out and kick with your right leg out.
In the Hall of the Pixel King is featured in the following playlists:
Just Dance Now
- In the Hall of the Pixel King is the fifth song by Dancing Bros. in the series.
- In the Hall of the Pixel King is the third classical piece in the series.
- In the Hall of the Pixel King and Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polka Dot Bikini are the eighth and ninth known songs to be scrapped in an earlier game before appearing in a later game, after Jungle Boogie, Soul Bossa Nova, Land Of 1000 Dances, We Can’t Stop, Copacabana, and You Never Can Tell.
- However, Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polka Dot Bikini and In the Hall of the Pixel King are the first two routines to have their choreographies changed entirely.
- It is also the third known routine to have a change in background elements, following We Can’t Stop and You Never Can Tell.
- At the end of the routine, a robotic voice can be heard saying "I am the mountain king". However, it is not translated into lyrics.
- In the Hall of the Pixel King is the third song to have increased speed, after Gold Dust and XMas Tree.
- The coins in the background resemble the Mojo coins from Just Dance 2014 and Just Dance 2015.
- At the start of the routine, the player is logged in the "game", as displayed in the routine.
- On the menu square, the coach is flipped, except for the glove colors.
- In the Hall of the Pixel King, along with Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polka Dot Bikini, Love Ward, Instruction, Shape of You, Carmen (Overture), and Bubble Pop! (Bubble Gum Version), was originally planned to be included in Kids Mode. However, they were scrapped for unknown reasons.
- The Wii version of the routine has no sound effects when coins are collected and when rocks are collided into.
|Read in Other Languages|
|Deutsch • Español • Français • Italiano • Português • Português do Brasil • Polski • Pусский • Română • Tagalog • Türkçe • 中文 • 日本語|