Appearance of the Dancer
The dancer is a young woman who seems to be a tomboy. She has bright maroon hair, a dark blue cap which is put on in the opposite way, a teal shirt with the letters "J-D" on it, a dark blue and teal jacket with pink buttons, blue jeans, and a pair of navy blue boots.
The background appears to be the Brooklyn Bridge in New York City during a sunset. It is raining, and there is red smoke behind the bridge. During the chorus of the song, the smoke disappears and you can see New York City in the background. During the bridge, the red smoke turns blue. Every time "Independent Woman" is sung, lightning strikes the buildings.
There are 6 Gold Moves in this routine:
Gold Moves 1 and 4: Swing your right hand to the left, then swing it inwards to the right. Do this while turning your body 90 degrees so you are facing the left.
Gold Moves 2, 3, 5, and 6: Turn sideways, crouch down, and point your right hand towards the screen in a wave motion.
Independent Woman is featured in the following playlists:
Just Dance Wii 2
- Being released in 2012, Independent Woman (along with We Can Fly) is the most recent song in Just Dance Wii 2.
- Independent Woman is the first Asian song to have all English lyrics in caps; it is followed by FANTASTIC BABY and Adoration To Happiness.
- The line "I gotta, gotta, gotta, gotta be independent" is missing from the lyrics at the end of the bridge.
- The coach’s outfit is based off AI’s appearance in the music video, and the routine uses moves from the official choreography.
- When Gold Moves 1 and 4 occur, the effect does not work properly because of the zoom.
- Although the fog in the background turns blue during the bridge, the sky remains red.
|Read in Other Languages|
|Deutsch • Español • Français • Italiano • Português • Português do Brasil • Polski • Pусский • Română • Tagalog • Türkçe • 中文 • 日本語|