|Remove the bandaids!
This article contains images or videos with watermarks. If possible, please replace them with non-watermarked media.
"It’s Raining Men" by The Weather Girls is featured on Just Dance 2, Just Dance 3 (as a downloadable track), Just Dance: Greatest Hits, Just Dance Unlimited, and Just Dance Now. It was also planned to be on Just Dance: Best Of, but was scrapped for unknown reasons.
Appearance of the Dancer
The dancer is a woman she is wearing a lime green raincoat with white buttons and lime green and white flowers, a sky blue-collar, a dark pink sash, and dark pink and sky blue cuffs. She is wearing polka-dotted boots that are colored sky blue and dark pink. She also has lime green hair and lime green bracelets on her left hand. In Just Dance 2, she gets a green and teal silhouette (similar to the ones in Just Dance) when she is doing the uncounted moves at the start of the bridge. In Just Dance: Greatest Hits/Best Of, this turns to an orange silhouette way different from the Just Dance 2 one. It also appears near the beginning of the song when there also are no counted moves. In the remake, she looks slightly more realistic, and she gains a faint glowing outline instead of the orange silhouette, also her face is less visible.
Just Dance 2
This routine takes place in front of a city with brightly lit buildings. It is raining heavily and puddles can be seen on the ground. Water droplets appear on-screen as if you were looking through a camera. Every time the dancer performs certain moves, lightning strikes the dancer.
Just Dance 3/Greatest Hits (Xbox 360)
In the Xbox 360 versions of those games, the rain drops make a different effect when touching the ground, and blue flashes appear on the city whenever "It’s raining men!" is sung.
In the remake, the effect of the rain has changed again, as it is more visible and rain drops appear more frequently.
There are 4 Gold Moves in this routine:
Gold Moves 1, 2, and 3: Raise both of your hands up, outstretched.
Gold Move 4: Quickly "swash" your right hand such that it almost makes contact with your left hand.
It’s Raining Men is featured in the following Mashups:
It’s Raining Men appears in Puppet/Party Master Modes. Here are the captions attributed to her dance moves:
- Lightning Pose
- Lightning Strike
- Puddle Splashing
- Rain Boots
- Rainy Day
- Running In The Rain
- Snap The Rain
- Storm Star
- Swim Up
- Weather Girl
It’s Raining Men is featured in the following playlists:
Just Dance 2019
Just Dance 2020
Just Dance Now
- Valentine’s Dance!
- The Best of ’80s & ’90s!
- Dancing For Gaia!
- Groovy Queens!
- All Songs K-R
- Dancin’ Underwater!
- The final verse and chorus of the song are cut from the routine.
- There are two errors in the lyrics: "She took off to heaven" appears as "She took off heaven", and "To rearrange the sky" appears as "To rearranged the sky". Both only appear the second time they are sung.
- In the remake, they appear as "She took on the heavens" and "She rearranged the sky".
- If you look closely at the back of the Just Dance: Best Of back cover, you can see the name of this song despite it not being available in the game.
- Along with Dagomba, Futebol Crazy, and Alright, this song is one of the final downloadable tracks to be released for Just Dance 3.
- This song is the first one to appear in the menu of Just Dance 2, making it the first song to contain a Gold Move.
- In Just Dance 2, the background is still animated even after the routine ends.
- In Just Dance 2 and the remake, the color of the dancer’s outline is green and blue, while in Just Dance 3 and Just Dance: Greatest Hits/Best Of, the color of the outline is red.
- However, the menu assets for the remake apply a red outline on the coach.
- In the original version, there are some cheering sounds at the beginning and at the end of the routine. There is also a blue and green glow around the dancer when she performs complicated moves that are not counted before the bridge. Both are removed in the remake.
- Also, the dancer fades away almost immediately in the remake (and is struck by lightning when she does so) rather than walking away like in the original version.
- In the Wii versions of Just Dance: Greatest Hits/Best Of, the coach no longer appears with a lightning orb effect. The sound effect still plays, however.
- In the Xbox 360 versions of Just Dance 3, Just Dance: Greatest Hits/Best Of and in the remake, one of the pictograms have been mirrored to show the move better.
- The skyscrapers are farther from the screen in the Xbox version, and the rain has a different effect.
- One of the captions above is named after the artist who sang the song.
- From April 28, 2016 to May 11, 2016, It’s Raining Men was a VIP exclusive on Just Dance Now.
Official Music Video
|Read in Other Languages|
|Deutsch • Español • Français • Italiano • Português • Português do Brasil • Polski • Pусский • Română • Tagalog • Türkçe • 中文 • 日本語|