The song also has an Extreme Version.
On the 8th-generation console and Nintendo Switch versions of Just Dance 2018, John Wayne was one of fifteen songs to be playable from the beginning.
- 1 Appearance of the Dancer
- 2 Background
- 3 Gold Moves
- 4 Appearance in Playlists
- 5 Trivia
- 6 Gallery
- 7 Videos
- 8 References
- 9 Site Navigation
Appearance of the Dancer
The dancer is a woman with pink hair styled in a bob, sunglasses with eyelashes on top, and a yellow cowboy hat with a red fire symbol on it. She has a golden cuff on her left arm and an elbow-length magenta glove on her right hand. She has a dark purple sleeveless shirt with yellow highlights and short pink triangular motifs. She has a golden strip around her stomach, and the top half of her pants resemble her shirt. She has pants with yellow frills sticking out from the sides. Her pants are light teal tucked into yellow boots with a red lightning bolt design on them.
During the second chorus, bridge, and the last part of the song, her shirt, upper pants, and pants become dark purple.
At the very beginning of the routine, the pilot of the train is seen with its title, "The Gaga Express". The routine takes place on the flatbed carriage of a moving train transporting two barrels, three boxes, several gramophones and several gears. It also doubles as a stage for the dancer to dance onto.
Throughout the routine, the train is moving through a Wild West town. A few windmills and water towers can be seen in the background as the train moves through a bridge that is lit with fluorescent lights arranged in an X pattern. Some of the gramophones and the lights flash to the beat of the song while the barrels and the boxes bounce to the beat of the song.
Once the train passes the bridge, the sky changes color from purple to blue as it kicks up pink dust that gets blown away by the desert wind.
Once the chorus starts, the camera abruptly zooms out to reveal the train passing through a big flock of golden robot horses (with almost nothing else visible) galloping next to it as four of them catch up with the train next to the flatbed carriage.
At the end of the second chorus, the train enters a dark tunnel where piles of chairs and flickering fluorescent lights can be seen in the background, with the lights illuminating the tunnel.
At the climax of the song, the train exits the tunnel and then it comes back to the plains with minimal amount of dust. There are several wooden windmills spread out in the plains. There is also several purple canyons throughout the final chorus.
Once the climax of the song begins, we come back to a sunset over the horizon. There is also gears and pipes spewing out baby blue gas. The sky is a light orange with some canyons and windmills.
At the end of the song, the dancer comes back to a train station with some megaphones, barrels, and a grand piano.
There are 3 Gold Moves in this routine:
Gold Moves 1 and 3: Stand up from a crouch while shaking your hands out to the side.
Gold Move 2: Move your right hand while shaking your head.
John Wayne is featured in the following playlists:
Just Dance 2019
Just Dance Now
- John Wayne is the fifth song by Lady Gaga in the series.
- John Wayne is the fourth song in the series which the title refers to a real person (in this case, the actor John Wayne). It is preceded by Rasputin, Barbra Streisand and Alfonso Signorini (Eroe Nazionale). It is succeeded by John Cena.
- "Beer" is censored.
- John Wayne is referenced in the ESRB rating summary for Just Dance 2018.
- "One song contains allusions to substance abuse (e.g., “I'm strung out on John Wayne, baby let’s get high John Wayne...Love junkie, on a three-day bender”)."
- The first time the line "Every John is just the same" is sung, "John" is not capitalized. However, the second time that line is sung, the "J" is capitalized.
- The line "So here I go to the eye" appears as "So I go to the eye" in the lyrics, without "here".
- The inclusion of John Wayne was previously hinted on various social networking sites with references to the lyrics of the song.
- In a press release by Ubisoft Brazil around the time of BGS 2017, the song was erroneously referred to by the title Joanne.
- The coach appears on the cover, which there her shirt and the top half and the bottom half of the pants switch colors
- In the background, the train’s name "The Gaga Express" references the train used for Lady Gaga’s arrival to Springfield in the Simpsons episode Lisa Goes Gaga, in which Lady Gaga made a guest appearance.
- The coach appears in the background of All You Gotta Do (Is Just Dance).
- The coach appears in the background of Fire as part of the character selection screen.
Behind the Scenes
Official Music Video
Behind the Scenes
|Read in Other Languages|
|Deutsch • Español • Français • Italiano • Português • Português do Brasil • Polski • Pусский • Română • Tagalog • Türkçe • 中文 • 日本語|