Just Dance 2 is a dance game developed and published by Ubisoft. It is the second installment in the Just Dance series. The game was released on October 12, 2010 in the NTSC region, October 14, 2010 in the PAL region, and December 8, 2011 in South Korea for the Wii. A PlayStation 3 port was planned but was ultimately scrapped.
The objectives of the game are preserved from the previous Just Dance installment, with players mimicking the dance moves of on-screen dancers for a score. In addition to these basic mechanics, there are three new gameplay modes, including "Just Dance Mode" where players can get together and dance for an unlimited duration; "Non-Stop Shuffle" where the gameplay is non-stop; and "Medleys" which include 5 short pieces of different songs which are mixed together.
Other new features include Duets, which allow for players on the same console to dance together; the "Dance Battle Mode", which is a team mode that supports up to 8 players; and "Just Sweat", an exercise-focused mode which sets objectives based around completing dance sessions.
- An asterisk (*) indicates that the song is covered in-game.
- A █ indicates that the song is playable on the demo version.
- A (BBE) indicates that the song is featured in the Best Buy Exclusive Edition of the game, which is only in the NTSC region.
- An (XSP) indicates that this song is not available on Just Dance: Summer Party/Extra Songs.
|It’s Raining Men||The Weather Girls||1983||3:52||Solo||2||3|
|I Got You (I Feel Good)||James Brown||1965||2:48||Solo||2||2|
|When I Grow Up||The Pussycat Dolls||2008||4:05||Solo||2||1|
(The Hit Crew)
|Move Your Feet||Junior Senior||2002||3:01||Solo||3||3|
|Proud Mary||Ike and Tina Turner||1971||3:59||Solo||2||3|
|Hot Stuff||Donna Summer||1979||3:32||Duet||2||1|
|Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)||MIKA||2007||4:08||Solo||1||2|
|I Want You Back||The Jackson 5||1969||2:57||Solo||2||1|
|Iko Iko||Mardi Gras||1953||2:37||Solo||1||2|
(The Hit Crew)
|Sway (Quién Será)*||Michael Bublé
|Satisfaction (Isak Original Extended)||Benny Benassi presents "The Biz"||2002||4:46||Solo||1||1|
|Mugsy Baloney||Gert Wilden (Charleston)||2002||2:11||Duet||3||2|
|Jungle Boogie*||Kool & the Gang
|Crazy in Love*||Beyoncé ft. Jay-Z
|Soul Bossa Nova||Quincy Jones and His Orchestra||1962||2:48||Duet||1||1|
|Sympathy for the Devil (Fatboy Slim Remix)||The Rolling Stones||1968||4:16||Solo||1||1|
|Jump in the Line||Harry Belafonte||1961||3:43||Duet||3||2|
|Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go||Wham!||1984||3:50||Solo||1||2|
|Walk Like an Egyptian||The Bangles||1986||3:24||Solo||2||2|
|Monster Mash*||Boris Pickett and The Crypt Kickers
|Take Me Out||Franz Ferdinand||2004||3:57||Solo||2||2|
|That’s Not My Name||The Ting Tings||2008||3:46||Solo||2||1|
|The Shoop Shoop Song (It’s in His Kiss)||Cher||1990||2:52||Duet||2||2|
|Body Movin’ (Fatboy Slim Remix)||Beastie Boys||1998||4:08||Solo||1||3|
|Viva Las Vegas||Elvis Presley||1964||2:22||Solo||2||2|
|Rockafeller Skank||Fatboy Slim||1998||3:58||Solo||3||3|
|Should I Stay or Should I Go (BBE) (XSP)||The Clash||1982||3:06||Solo||1||2|
|Funkytown* (BBE)||Lipps Inc.
|Jai Ho (You Are My Destiny) (BBE)||A. R. Rahman and The Pussycat Dolls ft. Nicole Scherzinger||2008||3:48||Solo||2||2|
|Cheesy Cha Cha||Christian Padovan, Stéphane Huguenin & Yves Sanna||2009||3:10||Solo|
- (DLC) indicates that this song was meant to be part of the main track list, but got postponed and remade as a DLC.
- (XDLC) indicates that this song was meant to be an original DLC for the game.
- (3F) indicates that the song was also found in the files of Just Dance 3.
- (JD3) indicates that this song was later featured on Just Dance 3.
- (2014) indicates that the song was later featured on Just Dance 2014.
- (2016) indicates that the song was later featured on Just Dance 2016.
- (2020) indicates that the song was later featured on Just Dance 2020.
|Barbie Girl (DLC)||Aqua||1997|
|Infernal Galop (2020)||Jacques Offenbach||1858|
|I Gotta Feeling (2016)||The Black Eyed Peas||2009|
|I Feel Love  (XDLC) (JD3)||Donna Summer||1977|
|Just Dance (2014)||Lady Gaga||2008|
|Let’s Get It Started (3F)||The Black Eyed Peas||2003|
|Smooth Criminal||Michael Jackson||1987|
|Video Killed the Radio Star  (XDLC) (JD3)||The Buggles||1979|
|Y.M.C.A. (2014)||Village People||1978|
A contest was held for Just Dance 2 where the winners had the opportunity to create their own routines for When I Grow Up.
|When I Grow Up||The Pussycat Dolls||Contest
(Sam - France)
(Liana - USA)
(Mandy - UK)
Please note that the DLC is now unavailable as of January 30, 2019 due to the discontinuation of the Wii Shop Channel and the ability to get Wii points was removed on March 30, 2018.
- * - Covered
- An (F) indicates that this DLC is a free download.
- An (XF) indicates that this DLC is no longer available as a free download.
- An (XSP) indicates that this song will not be available on Just Dance: Summer Party/Extra Songs.
- Every DLC (except for Firework, which is free) costs 300 Wii Points.
|Firework (F)||Katy Perry||2010||Solo||1||2||October 12, 2010|
|Pon de Replay||Rihanna||2005||Solo||2||2||October 12, 2010|
(Countdown Dee’s Hit Explosion)
|1997||Duet||1||3||October 12, 2010|
|Pump Up The Volume||M/A/R/R/S||1987||Solo||2||2||October 12, 2010|
|1983||Solo||2||3||October 28, 2010|
|Born To Be Wild||Steppenwolf||1967||Solo||1||2||October 28, 2010|
|Professor Pumplestickle||Nick Phoenix and Thomas J. Bergersen||2009||Duet||3||1||October 28, 2010|
|Crying Blood||V V Brown||2008||Solo||2||2||October 28, 2010|
|Down By The Riverside||The Reverend Horatio Duncan and Amos Sweets||1918||Solo||2||1||November 26, 2010|
|Futebol Crazy||Paul J. Borg (The World Cup Girls)||2006||Solo||1||2||November 26, 2010|
|Kung Fu Fighting||Carl Douglas||1974||Duet||2||2||December 18, 2010|
|Mambo No. 5 (A Little Bit of Monika)||Lou Bega||1999||Duet||3||2||December 18, 2010|
|Nine In The Afternoon||Panic! at the Disco||2008||Duet||1||1||December 18, 2010|
|It's Not Unusual (XSP)||Tom Jones||1965||Solo||2||2||December 18, 2010|
|Chicken Payback||A Band of Bees||2004||Solo||1||1||December 18, 2010|
|Crazy Christmas (XF) (XSP)||Santa Clones||2010||Solo||2||3||December 18, 2010|
|Skin-To-Skin||Sweat Invaders||2008||Solo||1||3||January 16, 2011|
|You Can’t Hurry Love||The Supremes||1966||Duet||2||2||February 11, 2011|
|Why Oh Why||Love Letter||2007||Duet||1||1||February 11, 2011|
|American Boy||Estelle feat. Kanye West||2008||Duet||2||1||February 11, 2011|
|Come On Eileen (XSP)||Dexy's Midnight Runners||1982||Duet||3||3||March 17, 2011|
|Song 2||Blur||1997||Solo||2||2||March 17, 2011|
|Spice Up Your Life (XSP)||Spice Girls||1997||Duet||3||3||March 17, 2011|
|Here Comes the Hotstepper* (XF)||Ini Kamoze
(The Hit Crew)
|1994||Solo||2||2||April 15, 2011|
|Moving on Up||M People||1993||Solo||1||2||June 2, 2011|
- This game was the best-selling third-party Wii game.
- This is the last game in the main series to only be available for the Wii. Just Dance 3 opened compatibility to Xbox 360 and Playstation 3, Just Dance 4 to the Wii U, Just Dance 2014 to the Xbox One and PlayStation 4, Just Dance 2017 to the Nintendo Switch and PC, Just Dance 2020 to Google Stadia, and Just Dance 2021 to the Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5.
- If Just Dance 2 kept its original ESRB rating, it would have been the first game in the main series to be rated E. It would have been followed by Just Dance 2019 and Just Dance 2021.
- Just Dance 2 was the first game in the series to be nominated for Favorite Video Game at the Kids Choice Awards.
- Just Dance 2 is the first game in the series to have a Korean edition.
- Just Dance 2 is the first game in the series to have in-game coaches be depicted on the NTSC game case.
- Excluding Ubisoft original tracks, Just Dance 2 is the only other game besides Just Dance where the on-disc track list does not contain any songs that were released in the game’s release year.
- Just Dance 2 is the first game to feature downloadable tracks, alternate routines, and duets.
- Just Dance 2 is the first game to have the squares cropped into a different shape (in this case, a circle). It is followed by Just Dance 3 (which did the same thing), the Wii, Wii U, and PS3 versions of Just Dance 4 (cropping the squares into a "D" shape), and the eighth generation versions of Just Dance 2018 (which crop the squares into super ellipses).
- If the songs are set to be sorted in alphabetical order in the game, they will be listed in by title. If the same is done in Just Dance Wii, however, they will be listed in alphabetical order by artist instead.
- Just Dance 2 is the first game with Gold Moves. In the previous Just Dance installment, the moves with bonus points exist as Shake Moves.
- This is the only game in the series where, in duet routines, the lyrics are displayed at the bottom center and the pictograms slide from both sides of the screen.
- This is the first game in the series to have store-exclusive songs. It is later followed by Just Dance 3.
- If the player gets 5 stars on every song, the home screen will show up having a yellow background and have star shapes appear. This feature later reappeared on Just Dance 3.
- A player cannot choose which coach to follow in a Duet; the people holding onto the first and third Wii remotes will have to play as P1, while the people holding onto the second and fourth Wii remotes will have to play as P2.
- However, in the presence of two Wii remotes, one can connect them to the Wii, and then disconnect P1’s Wii remote, allowing play as P2.
- This also occurred on Just Dance: Summer Party.
- Firework is the only mainstream song from the 2010’s to be featured in the game when it came out.
- As of January 31, 2019, downloadable tracks will no longer be obtainable for this game due to the discontinuation of the Wii Shop Channel and Nintendo WFC Pay & Play services. The ability to add Wii Points has been removed on March 26, 2018.
- Every time a dancer does moves in the middle of the song (end of song for Rasputin and Hey Ya!) that are not counted for, the dancer gets a glow around them.
- This is the only game in the main series with no recycled DLCs.
- This was the first game in the Just Dance series to use the LyN engine. This would apply to future Just Dance games, up unto Just Dance 4.
For a full list of Just Dance 2's beta elements, see Just Dance 2/Beta Elements.
Behind the Scenes
- File:IFeelLove jd2 files 1.jpeg
|Read in Other Languages|
|Deutsch • Español • Français • Italiano • Português • Português do Brasil • Polski • Pусский • Română • Tagalog • Türkçe • 中文 • 日本語|