Just Dance 2016 is the third game to have a year in its name. The second was its predecessor, Just Dance 2015.
Gameplay and Features
Introducing all new game modes on PS4™, Xbox One™ and Wii U™ consoles, with more focus on online and sharing features:
- “Dance Party” mode, where players can either work together with a common score bar or play against each other, as in previous games.
- “Sweat and Playlists” mode, to customize workout sessions.
- “Dance Quests” mode, completely different from its incarnation in Just Dance 4, where each quest has the player play through 3 pre-determined songs facing bots, trying to get one of the top 3 overall scores.
- “World Video Challenge” mode, where players send videos of their performances and challenge their friends and the whole Just Dance community to beat their score.
- JDTV, where players can watch community made videos and fan made dances.
- Introducing Showtime, a new feature for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Wii U where players sing, act, and/or perform in front of their cameras to create shareable music videos. Only select songs are available in this mode.
- Additionally, Just Dance 2016 introduced Just Dance Unlimited, a new streaming service that will regularly deliver exclusive new content and offer subscribers 150 songs at launch. At launch, Unlimited also offers 4 Unlimited Exclusive Dance Quests. This service is exclusive to Xbox One, Wii U and PlayStation 4.
- You can now use your smartphone as a controller to play the game on the Wii U, PS4 and Xbox One. This allows Wii U and PS4 users to play with up to 6 players instead of 4, which is a feature previously exclusive to the Xbox One.
- "Party Master Mode" returns, like previously as a Wii U exclusive. A fifth player can join and be the party’s DJ, using the Wii U gamepad to choose the songs and select the next dance moves.
- Community Remix, VIP, Score Challenges, kCal Tracker, Autodance and World Dance Floor (for 7th Gen consoles only) are all returning features. For the Xbox 360 version, you would need a Hard Drive to use this feature.
- An asterisk (*) indicates that this song is covered in-game.
- "(D)" = This song was also in the demo version of the game (8th gen consoles only).
- (RU) indicates that this song is a Russia exclusive. This song can also be played in other countries via Just Dance Unlimited.
- On eighth gen consoles, the song list is ordered alphabetically, while on seventh gen consoles, the tracks are ordered as they are below.
| All About That Bass||Meghan Trainor||2014||Solo|
| No Control||One Direction||2014||Dance Crew|
| I Gotta Feeling||The Black Eyed Peas||2009||Solo|
| Fancy||Iggy Azalea Ft. Charli XCX||2014||Trio|
| These Boots Are Made For Walking*||Nancy Sinatra (The Girly Team)||1966||Solo|
| Animals||Martin Garrix||2013||Duet|
| Uptown Funk||Mark Ronson Ft. Bruno Mars||2014||Solo|
| Balkan Blast Remix||Angry Birds||2015||Dance Crew|
| Heartbeat Song||Kelly Clarkson||2015||Solo|
| Hey Mama||David Guetta Ft. Nicki Minaj, Bebe Rexha & Afrojack||2015||Trio|
|Ievan Polkka||Hatsune Miku||2007||Solo|
| The Choice Is Yours||Darius Dante Van Dijk||2015||Solo|
| Fun||Pitbull Ft. Chris Brown||2015||Solo|
|William Tell Overture||Rossini||1829||Duet|
| Lights||Ellie Goulding||2010||Solo|
|Chiwawa||Wanko Ni Mero Mero||2015||Solo|
| You Never Can Tell*||Chuck Berry (A. Caveman & The Backseats)||1963||Duet|
| Born This Way||Lady Gaga||2011||Trio|
| Kaboom Pow||Nikki Yanofsky||2014||Solo|
| When The Rain Begins To Fall*||Jermaine Jackson and Pia Zadora (Sky Trucking)||1984||Duet|
|Same Old Love||Selena Gomez||2015||Trio|
| Cool For The Summer||Demi Lovato||2015||Solo|
| Want To Want Me||Jason Derulo||2015||Solo|
| Under the Sea*||Samuel E. Wright (Disney's "The Little Mermaid")||1989|| Solo|
| This Is How We Do||Katy Perry||2014||Dance Crew|
| Hit The Road Jack*||Ray Charles (Charles Percy)||1961||Duet|
| Junto a Ti||Martina Stoessel & Lodovica Comello (Disney's "Violetta")||2012||Trio|
|Calvin Harris Ft. John Newman||2014||Solo|
| Irish Meadow Dance||O'Callaghan's Orchestra||2015||Dance Crew|
| Rabiosa||Shakira Ft. El Cata||2010||Solo|
| Circus||Britney Spears||2008||Dance Crew|
|You're The One That I Want*||John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John (From The Movie Grease)||1978||Duet|
| Hangover (BaBaBa)||Buraka Som Sistema||2011||Duet|
| I'm An Albatraoz||AronChupa||2014||Solo|
| Kool Kontact||Glorious Black Belts||2015||Duet|
| Teacher||Nick Jonas||2014||Solo|
| Stuck On A Feeling||Prince Royce||2015||Solo|
| Boys (Summertime Love)*||Sabrina Salerno (The Lemon Cubes)||1987||Trio|
| Drop the Mambo||Diva Carmina||2015||Solo|
|Copacabana*||Barry Manilow (Frankie Bostello)||1978||Dance Crew|
| Let's Groove*||Earth, Wind & Fire (Equinox Stars)||1981||Trio|
| Stadium Flow||Imposs||2015||Solo|
| Smile (Улыбайся) (RU)||IOWA||2012||Solo|
Ubisoft Club Unlockables
These songs are only available on Xbox 360, PS3, Wii U, Xbox One and PS4. They are unlocked by UPlay (now known as Ubisoft Club).
- "*" = Covered
|Spectronizer||Sentai Express||2011||Dance Crew|
|Feel So Right||Imposs Ft. Konshens||2013||Solo|
|Isidora||Bog Bog Orkestar||2013||Solo|
|Epic Sirtaki*||The Cast of Zorba the Greek (The Bouzouki's)||2014||Trio|
|XMas Tree||Bollywood Santa||2014||Duet|
|You're On My Mind||Imposs ft. J.Perry||2014||Dance Crew|
Thirteen alternate routines are featured in Just Dance 2016.
- (W/8) - Exclusive to the Wii and all 8th-Generation consoles.
| Uptown Funk||Tuxedo||Trio|
| Rabiosa||Latin Fitness/Sweat||Solo|
|I Gotta Feeling||Classroom||Duet|
|This Is How We Do||Aerobics/Sweat||Solo|
|All About That Bass||Flower & Bee||Duet|
|Hit The Road Jack*||Line Dance||Trio|
|Want To Want Me||Couple||Duet|
| Born This Way|
Party Master Modes
|All About That Bass|
|Born This Way|
|Want To Want Me|
There were 30 Mashups in the game, but the total has since been decreased to 28. Only 9 of them are playable on the Xbox 360 and PS3. Also, there are 9 Mashups exclusive in Just Dance Unlimited.
- "(W/8)" - Exclusive to the Wii and 8th Generation consoles.
- "(P)" - Exclusive to PAL consoles.
- "(UE)" - Exclusive to Just Dance Unlimited. (Note: Just Dance Unlimited Mashups do not have themes) On December 23, 2016 all routines were removed, but were re-added about a week later.
- "(2017)" - The Mashup is from Just Dance 2017.
- "(REMOVED)" - The Mashup has been removed.
- "(UBISOFT CLUB)" - This Mashup is a Ubisoft Club Exclusive.
- "(2015)" - This Mashup is originally from Just Dance 2015.
|Song||Mode||Theme||Icon Dancer||Gold Move||Dancer(s)|
| All About That Bass|
|Solo||Divas||Drop the Mambo||No|
|Solo||Club||Feel So Right||Yes|
| Balkan Blast Remix|
|Solo||May||Flashdance... What A Feeling||No|
|Born This Way||Trio||Triplets||Don't Worry Be Happy||Yes|
| Boys (Summertime Love)|
|Solo||Best of Just Dance 2016||All About That Bass||No|
|Circus||Solo||Show-off||Beauty and a Beat||Yes|
|Solo||July||Can't Get Enough||Yes|
|Drop the Mambo||Solo||Don't Touch||Bad Romance||Yes|
|Fancy||Solo||Retro Men||Soul Searchin'||Yes|
|Solo||June|| Where Have You Been|
| Hangover (BaBaBa)|
|I Gotta Feeling||Solo||Hops & Jumps||Sexy And I Know It||Yes|
| I'm An Albatraoz|
|Solo||Merry Go Round||Addicted To You||Yes|
|Ievan Polkka||Duet||B.F.F.||Blurred Lines||Yes|
| Irish Meadow Dance|
|Solo||April||Acceptable in the 80s||Yes|
| Let's Groove|
|Solo||Just Shine||I Love It||Yes|
| No Control|
|Solo||January||Waking Up in Vegas||No|
|Rabiosa||Dance Crew||Bring Your Friends||Dynamite||Yes|
| Same Old Love|
(2017) (UE) (REMOVED)
| Stadium Flow|
|Solo||High Energy Girls||You Make Me Feel...||Yes|
| Stuck On A Feeling|
|Teacher||Solo||Costume Party||Who Let the Dogs Out?||Yes|
| This Is How We Do|
|Uptown Funk||Solo||Behind the Scenes||Love Me Again||Yes|
| Want To Want Me|
| You're On My Mind|
(2015) (UBISOFT CLUB)
|Dance Crew||Quatro||Pound The Alarm||Yes|
|All About That Bass|
|Born This Way|
|I Gotta Feeling|
|You're The One That I Want|
|This Is How We Do|
|Want To Want Me|
|When The Rain Begins To Fall|
Except for Uptown Funk’s Community Remix, no Community Remix is available on the Wii.
- indicates that the Community Remix will be exclusive to Just Dance Unlimited due to the song only being playable on Just Dance Unlimited.
|Song||Contest Entry Dates||Date Released|
|Uptown Funk||October 20, 2015 - October 22, 2015||Launch|
|The Choice Is Yours||October 20, 2015 - November 2, 2015, December 7, 2015 - January 3, 2016||January 8, 2016|
|All About That Bass||November 19, 2015 - December 6th, 2015||December 22, 2015|
|I Gotta Feeling||January 8, 2016 - February 3, 2016||March 10, 2016|
|Hey Mama||February 10th, 2016 - March 2016||April 5, 2016|
|Ievan Polkka||March 10th, 2016 - April 5th, 2016||April 28, 2016|
|I'm An Albatraoz||April 5th, 2016 - April 24th, 2016||May 26, 2016|
|Break Free||June 23rd, 2016 - July 11th, 2016||April 6, 2017|
|Animals (Extreme Version)||N/A||June 30, 2016|
|Taste The Feeling (Alternate)||July 11th, 2016 - August 9th, 2016||September 1, 2016|
For the full list of tracks, see Just Dance Unlimited.
(Felix Jaehn Remix)
|OMI||2014||Dance Crew||October 20, 2015|
|Улыбайся (Smile)||IOWA||2012||Solo||October 20, 2015|
|Better When I’m Dancin’||Meghan Trainor||2015||Solo||November 25, 2015|
|Shut Up and Dance||Walk the Moon||2014||Duet||January 20, 2016|
|Get Ugly||Jason Derulo||2015||Trio||February 26, 2016|
|Taste The Feeling||Avicii vs. Conrad Sewell||2016||Solo||March 10, 2016|
|Am I Wrong||Nico & Vinz||2013||Solo||April 21, 2016|
|Hold My Hand||Jess Glynne||2015||Solo||May 19, 2016|
|Imposs||2015||Solo||June 9, 2016|
|Taste The Feeling (Alternate)||Avicii vs. Conrad Sewell||2016||Solo||July 11, 2016|
|This Is How We Do (Fanmade)||Katy Perry||2014||Solo||August 11, 2016|
Resources can be found here
Platforms: PlayStation3, PlayStation 4, Wii, Wii U, Xbox 360, Xbox One
Content descriptors: Mild Lyrics, Mild Suggestive Themes
Other: Online Interactions Not Rated by the ESRB (PlayStation 4, Wii, Wii U, Xbox 360, Xbox One), Music Downloads and/or Streams Not Rated by the ESRB (PlayStation 4, Wii U, Xbox One)
Rating Summary: This is a rhythm-and-dance simulation game in which players perform choreographed routines by following the movements of on-screen characters. Players score points by accurately moving their bodies in time to the music and scrolling indicators. Some songs contain the word “damn” and reference alcohol (e.g., “Takin' all the liquor straight”; “Let's get drunk on the mini bar”; “Sippin on rosé.”). A handful of songs contain suggestive material (e.g., “You open the door/Wearing nothing but a smile”; “I like you talking dirty/I like your filthy love.”). Stage background in one song includes silhouettes of women dancing sensually and/or in provocative poses.
Resources can be found here
Platforms: PlayStation3, PlayStation 4, Wii, Wii U, Xbox 360, Xbox One
Behind the Scenes
- Same Old Love is the only Just Dance 2016 song that is not currently on Just Dance Unlimited nor Just Dance Now.
- On the Wii U, if you pause (press +) at the last minute of a song then play it, after the song ends a glitch might appear: the scores and the "Continue" button will vanish.
- Electro Body Combat is heard throughout the teaser.
- This is the third game in the series (after Just Dance 3 and Just Dance 2015) to be released in the U.S. several days earlier than in the rest of the world.
- It is also the second game to have console-exclusive Mashups after Just Dance 4.
- The song selection menu for eight generation consoles is similar to Just Dance Now’s.
- The Community Remix has a new look (except for Uptown Funk). It now features the original dance with the people edited into it.
- On 7th Gen consoles, the Community Remixes are still in a windowed format on newer Community Remixes.
- Starting with this game, all coach videos in the game files are now pre-rendered with the background, rather than the coach being layered separately from the background. The only exceptions are on-disc Mashups.
- The music heard in the teaser was used before in the Just Dance 2015 - Exclusive Uplay Rewards [UK] video, which was used to promote rewards on Just Dance 2015.
- Exclusive to eight generation systems, the scoring system (X, OK, GOOD, PERFECT and YEAH!) has a new sparkly effect and the stars in the star bar have a new beat system.
- Imposs' Stadium Flow is used for the game's demo trailer. Its preview video was also the last to be released.
- PS4 and Wii U players can now enjoy several features previously exclusive to the Xbox One. Up to six players can now play the game with the use of smartphones.
- For the first time, players using a camera can now use custom nicknames instead of only the generic ones (Happy, Jazzy, etc.). This is only the case for PS4 and Xbox One, and only when just one player is standing in front of the camera before the song. If more than one player is detected, the generic nicknames are used.
- On 8th generation consoles, player nicknames are no longer limited to seven characters.
- On 8th generation remote consoles, there is no longer a limit to how many players can play as one coach on multiplayer routines (for example, if six people are about to play a quartet with smartphones, all six be scored as P1). However, camera consoles still divide the available player slots equally between all coaches, and Kinect for Xbox One still limits quartets to just four players.
- This is the first entry in the main series since Just Dance to not have any downloadable content (both original and recycled), although 8th gen users have the option to subscribe to Just Dance Unlimited.
- Despite this, all versions of the game (besides the Wii version) has a screen that reads "Music Downloads are not rated by ESRB/PEGI" shown on startup.
- This is the third game in the main series to not have a beta dancer on the PAL cover.
- This game introduces Trio Mashups, though, at launch, only one song (Born This Way) has this feature.
- The Mashup theme Suit Up! was recycled from Just Dance 2015, thus making it the only Mashup theme to be recycled.
- Mojo has been devalued on eight generation consoles at a rate of 1 to 100. For example, each earned star now awards 100 mojo instead of 1 (similar to Just Dance 4). As a result, unlockables now cost more Mojo to unlock.
- On seventh gen consoles, the menu layout and the U.I. is recycled from Just Dance 2015 with slight updates.
- The U.S. version of the game comes with a code for Just Dance Unlimited that lasts 48 hours (2 days) while all other regional versions come with a code that lasts 30 days. It is possible that this is due to the fact that the Gold Edition of the game is exclusive to the U.S.
- If saved data from previous Just Dance games is present on a console upon boot up, the following three avatars will be unlocked:
- Raving Rabbid Avatar
- Santa Avatar
- Barbara Avatar
- In all of the track preview trailers, the star sound is shortened, producing a sharp sound. In the final game, the star sound is fuller and louder.
- On the Xbox One, pressing the home button to return to the Xbox Home puts the game in a standby state where the background moves to a rhythm but the game is frozen and there is no sound until reentering the game.
- Wii U players cannot go home to the console's main menu while playing a song, even if it's offline.
- One of the Mojo-Unlockable avatars in the game does not have a sticker appearance like all of the other avatars.
- A promotion launched by Ubisoft allowed people to purchase Just Dance 2016 and One Direction's Made in the A.M. together on Amazon at a special discounted rate.
- Ubisoft has sponsored multiple videos regarding this game, such as:
- Starting November 25, 2015 (GMT), there is a sale where subscriptions for Just Dance Unlimited were 40% off. This ended on December 2, 2015.
- Starting with this game, all songs that were released before the year 2000 are covered, except if the song is by Queen or ABBA, or is a non-English song.
- Just Dance 2016 won the 'Favorite Video Game' award in the 2016 Kids' Choice Awards.
- It is the fifth game in the series to do so.
- Sometimes, the 8th-gen versions of the game are affected by a glitch: some avatars from Dance Quests will not be unlocked although the player actually completed them.
- On March 15, 2016, the "Star Remix / Community Remix" section of Just Dance Unlimited was simply renamed to "Community".
- On 7th gen consoles, there is an error where an effect from the main menu of the game will appear while playing a routine.
- Additionally, on the PlayStation 3 version of the game, there is a glitch where the "Add challengers" option will mostly disappear in all coach selection screens.
- On the Wii U, it is no longer possible to show your avatar while holding the "A" button.
- Although the game does not use difficulty ratings, they are shown in the Just Dance Now files for the songs.
- Just Dance 2016 marks the first game in the main series to operate in Russian language.
- It would later also operate in Chinese, making it the first game in the main series to have Chinese language support.
- This feature is only available in the 8th-Gen version of the game.
- When Uplay changed its name to Ubisoft Club, the Uplay section was renamed to Ubisoft Club.
- However, the Uplay name can still be found on the title screen and the Extras/Options menu on 7th-Gen consoles and the main menu on 8th-Gen consoles as well as pop-ups for when you completed an action or on the back of the game case.
- The Gold Move effect from Just Dance 2015 is used in both the 7th and 8th Gen versions of the game.
- As of July 31, 2018, Just Dance 2016 is the only game in the main series to not have an original song scrapped from main track list of the game.
- Just Dance 2016 is the first game since Just Dance to not have a song by Rihanna. This would happen again in later games.
- A video game that looks similar to Just Dance 2016 appears in the music video for Selfish & Beautiful Girl by Block B.
- A Party Master Square was found in the files of the Wii Version.
- Remake files were found in the files of the PlayStation 4 version for Alright, Jerk It Out, Let’s Go To The Mall, Pump Up the Jam, and Wannabe.
- Despite Ubisoft Club not being on Wii, all Ubisoft Club unlockables can be found in the Wii files.
For a full list of Just Dance 2016’s beta elements, see Just Dance 2016/Beta Elements.
For a full list of Just Dance 2016's achievements, see Just Dance 2016/Achievements .
Song List Videos
On the Set
- ↑ http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ZE369XU/ref=s9_psimh_gw_p63_d2_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=desktop-1&pf_rd_r=12N81EDY1QFD9C1ZZM0A&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=2105317182&pf_rd_i=desktop
- ↑ http://www.amazon.co.uk/Just-Dance-2016-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B00ZGBCUZ6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1434631652&sr=8-2&keywords=just+dance+2016
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqQQp_Mg0i4
- ↑ http://just-dance.ubi.com/en-GB/controller-app/index.aspx
- ↑ http://blog.ubi.com/just-dance-2016-controller-app/
- ↑ https://ebgames.com.au/wiiu-202903-Just-Dance-2016-Wii-U
- ↑ http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2015/10/24/review-just-dance-2016/173737/
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fupKfi03CdU
- ↑ https://youtu.be/demxxaq4e1o
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTP0ziUyn-w
- ↑ https://youtu.be/_rjTi2Y0cuA?t=1m6s
- ↑ https://youtu.be/z7Q84L27z2c?t=7m41s
- ↑ http://www.amazon.com/dp/B017RZ4XI0?ncid=347----2-odsocmed-17-23-AmazonOneDirectionJustDance2016--17-19-10-1115
- ↑ JUST DANCE 2016 (Teens React Gaming)
- ↑ Teens Teach Their Parents How to Dance // Presented by BuzzFeed & Just Dance 2016
- ↑ 40% sale in USD on the eShop
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ve2hkYCtxPI&list=WL&index=11
- ↑ https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xaf1/v/t35.0-12/12325489_1712921385588132_1280833336_o.jpg?oh=dd2b53cde0945cf807dd6000a5a3045b&oe=56EA2EEB
- ↑ http://prntscr.com/anzj75
- ↑ http://prntscr.com/g503yh
|Read in Other Languages|
|Deutsch • Español • Français • Italiano • Português • Português do Brasil • Polski • Pусский • Română • Tagalog • Türkçe • 中文 • 日本語|