Just Dance 2021 is the twelfth game in the main Just Dance series.
Revealed on August 26, 2020 at the Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner’s Showcase, the game was released worldwide on November 12, 2020 on the Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Google Stadia and on November 24, 2020 on the Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, and PlayStation 5, where it was the first game in the series to be released on those consoles.
- 1 Gameplay and Features
- 2 Covers
- 3 Menu and Design
- 4 Track List
- 5 Alternate Routines
- 6 Just Dance Unlimited
- 7 ESRB/PEGI ratings
- 8 Reception
- 9 Trivia
- 10 Gallery
- 11 Videos
- 12 References
- 13 Site Navigation
Gameplay and Features
Just Dance 2021 comes with an insane amount of content for all the family to enjoy!
- Team up with friends for more fun in our Co-op mode. Co-op mode brings players together to combine scores and rule the dance floor!
- Little ones can join in on the fun with the acclaimed Kids Mode! The dedicated mode allows the youngest players to enjoy it in full with 8 new kid-friendly curated songs, coming along with a fun dance experience tailored to kid’s needs.
- Enjoy the new Quick-play mode where if chosen the game gives a random playlist.
- Monitor and improve your performance! Discover your new detailed score recap and compare your score with your friends.
- With Just Dance Unlimited, the dance on-demand subscription streaming service, you have access to more than 550 songs, with fresh content added every month! Every copy of the game comes with 1-month access!
Bust a move! The party never stops with Just Dance 2021
- There is always something going on in Just Dance 2021! Make sure to visit the World Dance Floor to party online with the Just Dance community all year long.
- Keep the party going with Just Dance Unlimited! More songs and content will be added throughout the year to enrich Just Dance 2021 players’ experience.
No additional accessories are required to join the fun! Just use your smartphone with the Just Dance Controller app!
- Use your smartphone to navigate in-game, track, and score your moves - no camera, Kinect, or PS Move required! Up to 6 players can play with their phones simultaneously.
Menu and Design
This section is a stub. You can help by adding to it.
The menu is generally similar in appearance to its predecessor in Just Dance 2020. The gradients have, however, been replaced with a pixelated texture. A key difference is the introduction of "Pertinence" as a menu sort option, which sorts the song selection menu algorithmically rather than alphabetically as in "Catalog". This is the default sort option when the game is connected to the internet. Alternate Routines can be unlocked by playing the corresponding Classic routine three times instead of five times.
Likewise, the Profile tab has been conserved from Just Dance 2020. The Gift Machine now appears in a cheetah print design and rewards players with avatars, stickers, aliases, and skins. The sticker albums are themed on the background of Without Me which can be unlocked by danced songs from the map in the main track list two times in order to unlock a sticker.
- An asterisk (*) indicates this song is covered in-game.
- The songs colored in █ are playable on the demo version.
- A (K) indicates that the song is playable on Kids Mode.
- A (BL) indicates that the song was exclusive to the Benelux region, but got released worldwide later on Just Dance Unlimited.
- A (FR) indicates that the song was exclusive to France, but got released worldwide later on Just Dance Unlimited.
- A (J) indicates that the song was exclusive to Japan, but got released worldwide later on Just Dance Unlimited.
|Adore You||Harry Styles||2019||Solo||Easy||Low|
|Alexandrie Alexandra*||Claude François
|all the good girls go to hell||Billie Eilish||2019||Solo||Medium||Moderate|
|Bailando||Paradisio ft. DJ Patrick Samoy||1996||Solo||Easy||Moderate|
|Blinding Lights||The Weeknd||2019||Solo||Easy||Low|
|Boy, You Can Keep It||Alex Newell||2020||Solo||Medium||Moderate|
|Buscando||GTA & Jenn Morel||2018||Solo||Hard||Moderate|
|Dance Monkey||Tones And I||2019||Solo||Medium||Low|
|Dans van de Farao (BL)||K3||2020||Trio||Medium||Low|
|Dibby Dibby Sound||DJ Fresh & Jay Fay ft. Ms. Dynamite||2014||Duet||Medium||Intense|
|Don’t Start Now||Dua Lipa||2019||Solo||Easy||Low|
|Flash (Just Dance Version) (FR)||Bilal Hassani ft. Sundy Jules, Paola Locatelli & Sulivan Gwed||2020||Solo||Medium||Moderate|
|Georgia||Tiggs Da Author||2015||Solo||Medium||Low|
|Get Get Down||Paul Johnson||1999||Quartet||Medium||Low|
|Ice Cream||Blackpink & Selena Gomez||2020||Quartet||Hard||Moderate|
|In The Navy*||Village People
(The Sunlight Shakers)
|Joone Khodet||Black Cats||2006||Duet||Hard||Moderate|
|Kick It||NCT 127||2020||Quartet||Hard||Moderate|
|Kulikitaka (K)||Toño Rosario||2003||Solo||Easy||Moderate|
|Magenta Riddim||DJ Snake||2018||Solo||Medium||Moderate|
|Paca Dance||The Just Dance Band||2020||Duet||Easy||Intense|
|Que Tire Pa Lante||Daddy Yankee||2019||Quartet||Hard||Intense|
|Rain On Me||Lady Gaga & Ariana Grande||2020||Trio||Medium||Moderate|
|Runaway (U & I)||Galantis||2014||Duet||Easy||Moderate|
|Samba de Janeiro*||Bellini
|Say So||Doja Cat||2019||Duet||Easy||Low|
|Señorita||Shawn Mendes & Camila Cabello||2019||Duet||Easy||Low|
|The Other Side||SZA & Justin Timberlake||2020||Solo||Medium||Moderate|
|The Weekend||Michael Gray||2004||Duet||Hard||Intense|
|Till The World Ends*||Britney Spears
(The Girly Team)
|U.S.A. (J)||Da Pump||2018||Quartet||Medium||Moderate|
|Volar||Lele Pons ft. Susan Diaz & Victor Cardenas||2020||Solo||Medium||Low|
|Yameen Yasar||DJ Absi||2020||Trio||Hard||Intense|
|YO LE LLEGO||J Balvin & Bad Bunny||2019||Duet||Easy||Moderate|
|You’ve Got a Friend In Me (K)||Randy Newman
(Disney•Pixar’s Toy Story)
|Rock N Roll Princess||Fast Forward Highway||2008||Solo|
|Dance Of The Mirlitons||Piotr Ilitch Tchaikovski
(The Just Dance Orchestra)
|The Color Lab||Dancing Bros.||2011||Solo|
|Flying Carpet||Persian Nights||2020||Solo|
|Space Cat||Equinox Stars||2011||Solo|
|Let’s Save Our Planet||The Sunlight Shakers||2015||Duet|
|Get On The Fire Truck||The Step Brigade||2005||Duet|
|Here Comes The Spy||The Step Brigade||2019||Solo|
|You’ve Got a Friend In Me*||Randy Newman
(Disney•Pixar’s Toy Story)
These are the songs that were originally planned to be in the game but were later removed for unknown reasons.
- An (RS) indicates that this song was replaced by an in-house composition designed to utilize the same routine.
- A (2022) indicates that the song was later featured on Just Dance 2022.
|Habibi Yaeni (RS)||Orgonite||2016||Trio|
|Habibi Yaeni (Extreme Version) (RS)||Solo|
|Run the World (Girls) (2022)||Beyoncé||2011||Trio|
|Run the World (Girls) (Extreme Version) (2022)||Solo|
|The Sweet Escape||Gwen Stefani ft. Akon||2006||Solo|
- A (G) indicates that the song was exclusive to Germany, but got released worldwide later on Just Dance Unlimited.
|Blinding Lights||Extreme Version||Solo||Extreme||Intense|
|Don’t Start Now||Extreme Version||Solo||Extreme||Intense|
|Feel Special||Extreme Version||Solo||Extreme||Intense|
|Kick It||Extreme Version||Solo||Extreme||Intense|
|Samba de Janeiro||Samba Version||Duet||Hard||Intense|
|Till The World Ends||Extreme Version||Solo||Extreme||Intense|
|Without Me||Extreme Version||Solo||Extreme||Intense|
|Yameen Yasar||Extreme Version||Solo||Extreme||Intense|
|DRUM GO DUM||K/DA ft. Aluna, Wolftyla, and Bekuh BOOM||2020||Quartet||Extreme||Intense||November 25, 2020|
|Dans van de Farao||K3||2020||Trio||Medium||Low||December 30, 2020|
|Flash (Just Dance Version)||Bilal Hassani ft. Sundy Jules, Paola Locatelli, and Sulivan Gwed||2020||Solo||Medium||Moderate||December 30, 2020|
|Juice (VIPMADE)||Lizzo||2019||Trio||Hard||Moderate||December 30, 2020|
|U.S.A.||Da Pump||2018||Quartet||Medium||Intense||December 30, 2020|
|Tusa||KAROL G and Nicki Minaj||2019||Solo||Medium||Low||January 14, 2021|
|Stupid Love||Lady Gaga||2020||Solo||Hard||Intense||January 21, 2021|
|Girls Like||Tinie Tempah ft. Zara Larsson||2016||Trio||Medium||Moderate||January 28, 2021|
|Calypso (Community Remix)||Luis Fonsi ft. Stefflon Don||2018||Solo||Easy||Low||April 6, 2021|
|Monster||EXO||2016||Trio||Hard||Intense||April 15, 2021|
|The Way I Are||Timbaland ft. Keri Hilson, D.O.E. & Sebastian||2007||Duet||Medium||Moderate||April 22, 2021|
|Come Back Home||2NE1||2014||Trio||Hard||Moderate||April 29, 2021|
|Head & Heart||Joel Corry ft. MNEK||2020||Duet||Easy||Moderate||July 15, 2021|
|Intoxicated||Martin Solveig & GTA||2015||Solo||Medium||Low||July 22, 2021|
|John Cena||Sho Madjozi||2019||Solo||Hard||Intense||July 29, 2021|
|All The Stars||Kendrick Lamar & SZA||2018||Solo||Medium||Low||October 7, 2021|
|Rainbow Beats||Yi Yan/Zhao Fang Jing/Suika Kune/Feizaojun||2020||Duet||Hard||Moderate||October 14, 2021|
Resources can be found here
Platforms: PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Stadia, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, Xbox Series
Content descriptors: Mild Lyrics
Other: Users Interact, In-Game Purchases (PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, Stadia, Xbox Series, PlayStation 5)
Rating Summary: This is a rhythm-and-dance simulation game in which players perform choreographed routines by following the movements of on-screen characters. Players score points by accurately moving their bodies in time to the music and scrolling indicators. Some song lyrics contain the words “damn” and “hell” and references to suggestive material (e.g., “Feeling your hands/Upon up on my thighs”; "But friends don’t know/The way you taste..."; "Polyamorist dreams/Of a teen heart"; “I got the right tactics to turn you on”).
Just Dance 2021 received "mixed or average" reviews on Metacritic, with a metascore of 74/100 on Nintendo Switch.
- Just Dance 2021 is the first game to be revealed at a Nintendo Direct presentation instead of a major gaming convention. This is most likely due to the COVID-19 pandemic causing major gaming events such as E3 to be cancelled.
- It is the second game, after Just Dance, to not be revealed at E3.
- It is also the first game to have new tracks revealed at Ubisoft Forward.
- Just Dance 2021 is the second game in the main Just Dance series to be leaked on the Xbox website, after Just Dance 2014.
- However, it is the third Just Dance game to be leaked on the Xbox website, including Just Dance: Disney Party 2.
- Just Dance 2021 is the first game to release teasers of the songs after the game’s announcement, as opposed to alongside the announcement.
- Just Dance 2021 is the first game in the series to be released on the Xbox Series X/S and PlayStation 5.
- It is also the first game in the series to use the Ubisoft Connect name and logo.
- On the Xbox Series X/S, the game requires an internet connection, due to the fact that support for Kinect was terminated, and using a smartphone requires internet.
- Just Dance 2021 is the first game to be released in Japan via any PlayStation console.
- Just Dance 2021 is the first game in the main series to have kana support on a non-Nintendo console.
- Just Dance 2021 is the first game in the main franchise to not be released on the Wii.
- Just Dance 2021 is the first game in the main series to not contain any songs from the 1980s.
- Discounting Kids Mode, Just Dance 2021 is the first game since Just Dance 2014 to have no instrumental songs.
- Just Dance 2021 is the first game where only one box art is used for all regions. In previous games, there would be either a completely different box art, or some variations between box arts.
- Just Dance 2021 is the second game in the main series to be rated E by the ESRB. It is preceded by Just Dance 2019.
- Just Dance 2021 is the first game in the series to display a tally of counted moves scored along with the ratings out of the total number of counted moves for each player on the results screen after playing a routine normally. Previously, this was only seen in the World Dance Floor from 8th-generation versions of Just Dance 2017 and onward.
- This feature is only available if one person is playing.
- The first Just Dance game also had a similar counting feature, however, it only displayed the percentages of each rating.
- On some copies of the game, the catalogue order is randomized and updates daily.
- According to the Just Dance Now and Just Dance Unlimited files, most of the songs from Just Dance 2021 and its Just Dance Unlimited exclusives have default menu colors (Tundora, Cod Gray, Silver Chalice, and Boulder respectively).
- The only known exceptions are:
- all the good girls go to hell
- Blinding Lights (Extreme Version)
- Come Back Home
- Dance Of The Mirlitons
- Flying Carpet*
- Get On The Fire Truck*
- Girls Like
- Here Comes The Spy
- Let’s Save Our Planet*
- Magenta Riddim
- Rain On Me
- Rock N Roll Princess
- Samba de Janeiro
- Say So
- Space Cat
- The Color Lab
- The Weekend
- You’ve Got a Friend In Me*
- The only known exceptions are:
- A recent update on the game causes many of the Aliases to show "<Missing_[numbercode]>".
- Just Dance 2021 is the third game in a row to have all its routines on Just Dance Unlimited.
- Just Dance 2021 is the first game since Just Dance 2014 to include an unused coach on its boxart, this time being Run the World (Girls).
For a full list of Just Dance 2021’s beta elements, see Just Dance 2021/Beta Elements.
Behind the Scenes
- https://youtu.be/xv3OJrAoMZo?t=9 (Archive)
- Metascore for Just Dance 2021 on Nintendo Switch, Metacritic. Retrieved July 19, 2021
|Read in Other Languages|
|Deutsch • Español • Français • Italiano • Português • Português do Brasil • Polski • Pусский • Română • Tagalog • Türkçe • 中文 • 日本語|