The game was revealed on June 12, 2021, as part of the Ubisoft Forward showcase at E3 2021. The game was released on November 4, 2021.
The game is offered in three different editions: a standard edition; a Deluxe Edition, which comes with a three month subscription of Just Dance Unlimited; and an Ultimate Edition, which comes with a one-year subscription of Just Dance Unlimited.
- 1 Gameplay and Features
- 2 Covers
- 3 Menu and Design
- 4 Track List
- 5 Alternate Routines
- 6 Just Dance Unlimited
- 7 ESRB/PEGI ratings
- 8 Reception
- 9 Trivia
- 10 Gallery
- 11 Videos
- 12 References
- 13 Site Navigation
Gameplay and Features
- Quickplay Mode: Get straight to playing with a randomized playlist ready from the Start menu.
- Co-op Mode: Team up with friends to combine scores to rule the dance floor.
- World Dance Floor: Challenge fellow Just Dancers from all over the world in these exciting tournaments. You will be matched with players of a similar level as yours for a fair dance battle.
- Sweat Mode: Start your own routine and keep yourself motivated by tracking calories burnt and time spent dancing.
- Kids Mode: Eight routines made specifically for kids.
Menu and Design
This section is a stub. You can help by adding to it.
The menu is very similar in appearance to Just Dance 2021. The pixelated texture has been removed and the colored parts now appear in solid colors.
Likewise, the Profile tab has been conserved from Just Dance 2021. However, the sticker album is not present this time. The Gift Machine now appears in a purple galaxy print design and rewards players with avatars, aliases and skins. Due to the omission of the sticker album, stickers are no longer offered through the Gift Machine.
- An asterisk (*) indicates this song is covered in-game.
- An (I) indicates that this map requires an internet connection to be played. Maps in this category were absent on early access copies of the game until November 3, 2021 unless otherwise noted.
- An (XK) indicates this map is not available in the Korean version of the game.
- A (BL) indicates this map is exclusive to the Benelux region.
- A (CA) indicates this map is exclusive to Canada.
- An (FR) indicates this map is exclusive to France.
- A (G) indicates this map is exclusive to Germany.
- A (J) indicates this map is exclusive to Japan.
- A (S) indicates this map is exclusive to the Southeast Asian countries of Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam, as well as Hong Kong and Taiwan.
|À la Folie (CA) (FR)||Julien Granel & Lena Situations||2021||Solo||Medium||Moderate|
|Boss Witch*||Doja Cat
|Build A B****||Bella Poarch||2021||Solo||Easy||Moderate|
|Buttons (XK) (I)||The Pussycat Dolls ft. Snoop Dogg||2006||Trio||Medium||Moderate|
|China||Anuel AA, Daddy Yankee, Karol G, Ozuna & J Balvin||2019||Trio||Medium||Intense|
|Don’t Go Yet (I)||Camila Cabello||2021||Quartet||Medium||Low|
|Flash Pose||Pabllo Vittar ft. Charli XCX||2019||Trio||Medium||Moderate|
|Freed from Desire||Gala||1996||Solo||Medium||Moderate|
|GIRL LIKE ME||Black Eyed Peas & Shakira||2020||Solo||Hard||Moderate|
|good 4 u (I)||Olivia Rodrigo||2021||Solo||Medium||Intense|
|Happier Than Ever||Billie Eilish||2021||Solo||Medium||Moderate|
|I’m Outta Love||Anastacia||2000||Solo||Easy||Moderate|
|Jerusalema||Master KG ft. Nomcebo Zikode||2019||Quartet||Easy||Low|
|Koi (FR) (J)||Gen Hoshino||2016||Trio||Hard||Moderate|
|Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)||Katy Perry||2010||Solo||Medium||Moderate|
|Love Story (Taylor’s Version)||Taylor Swift||2021||Duet||Easy||Low|
|Mood||24kGoldn ft. Iann Dior||2020||Duet||Easy||Moderate|
|Mr. Blue Sky*||Electric Light Orchestra
(The Sunlight Shakers)
|My Way1 (I)||Domino Saints||2021||Quartet||Medium||Intense|
|Nails, Hair, Hips, Heels (Just Dance Version)||Todrick Hall||2021||Solo||Medium||Moderate|
|POP/STARS||K/DA, Madison Beer &
(G)I-dle ft. Jaira Burns
|Poster Girl||Zara Larsson||2021||Solo||Medium||Low|
|Princess (王妃)2 (S)||Jam Hsiao||2009||Solo||Medium||Low|
|Rock Your Body||Justin Timberlake||2002||Solo||Medium||Moderate|
|Run the World (Girls)||Beyoncé||2011||Trio||Hard||Moderate|
|Save Your Tears (Remix)||The Weeknd & Ariana Grande||2021||Duet||Medium||Moderate|
|Shoutout (G)||Lisa Pac||2021||Duet||Hard||Intense|
|Smalltown Boy||Bronski Beat||1984||Solo||Medium||Intense|
|Stop Drop Roll||Ayo & Teo||2021||Quartet||Medium||Low|
|Sua Cara||Major Lazer ft. Anitta & Pabllo Vittar||2017||Solo||Easy||Intense|
|Think About Things||Daði Freyr||2020||Solo||Medium||Moderate|
|You Can Dance||Chilly Gonzales||2010||Solo||Easy||Intense|
|You Make Me Feel (Mighty Real)||Sylvester||1978||Solo||Medium||Moderate|
Note: The following songs were only added to the game after the release date of November 4, 2021:
^1 My Way was released on November 9, 2021
^2 Princess was released on November 18, 2021
^3 Waterval was released on December 9, 2021
The Kids Mode routines are all recycled from past games.
|Jungle Dances||The Sunlight Shakers||2019||Solo|
|Dance Of The Mirlitons||Piotr Ilitch Tchaikovski
(The Just Dance Orchestra)
|Kitchen Kittens||Cooking Meow Meow||2019||Solo|
|Fearless Pirate||The Yetties
|Get On The Fire Truck||Terry Devine-King
(The Step Brigade)
|Funky Robot||Tom Haines & Christopher Branch
|My Friend The Dragon||The Just Dance Orchestra||2019||Duet|
|Monsters of Jazz||Jacky Arthur, Harold Geller
These are the songs that were planned to be in the game, but were left out for unknown reasons.
|Break My Heart||Dua Lipa||2020||Solo|
|Call on Me||Unknown||N/A|
|Follow the White Rabbit||Unknown||Solo||N/A|
|Let’s Party||Wu Xuanyi||2021||Quartet|
|Black Mamba||Alternate Version||Solo||Medium||Moderate|
|Buttons (XK) (I)||Night Version||Solo||Medium||Low|
|Chandelier||Contemporary Dance Version||Solo||Medium||Low|
|Don’t Go Yet4 (I)||Alternate Version||Solo||Medium||Low|
|GIRL LIKE ME||Extreme Version||Solo||Extreme||Moderate|
|Level Up (CA)||VIPMADE||Solo||Medium||Intense|
|Mood (I)||Alternate Version||Trio||Extreme||Intense|
|Nails, Hair, Hips, Heels||Official Choreo||Solo||Extreme||Intense|
|Run the World (Girls)||Extreme Version||Solo||Extreme||Intense|
|Sua Cara||Limo Version||Duet||Easy||Low|
Just Dance Unlimited
|Koi||Gen Hoshino||2016||Trio||Hard||Moderate||January 13, 2022|
|Ciara||2018||Solo||Medium||Intense||January 13, 2022|
|Shoutout||Lisa Pac||2021||Duet||Hard||Intense||January 13, 2022|
|À la Folie||Julien Granel & Lena Situations||2021||Solo||Medium||Moderate||January 20, 2022|
|Waterval||K3||2021||Trio||Medium||TBA||January 27, 2022|
|Princess (王妃)||Jam Hsiao||2009||Solo||Medium||Low||February 3, 2022|
|TBA||TBA||TBA||TBA||TBA||TBA||February - March 2022|
|TBA||TBA||TBA||TBA||TBA||TBA||February - March 2022|
|Malibu||TBA||TBA||Trio||TBA||TBA||May - July 2022|
|TBA||TBA||TBA||TBA||TBA||TBA||May - July 2022|
Resources can be found here
Platforms: PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Stadia, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, Xbox Series
Content descriptors: Comic Mischief, Lyrics, Mild Suggestive Themes
Other: Users Interact, In-Game Purchases (PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, Stadia, Xbox Series, PlayStation 5)
Rating Summary: This is a music-rhythm dancing game in which players perform choreographed routines by following the movements of on-screen characters. Players score points by accurately moving their bodies in time to the music and scrolling indicators. A handful of dances include provocative poses and exaggerated hip movements. In one sequence, a bear is depicted sitting on a toilet reading a newspaper. Some song lyrics contain references to suggestive material (e.g., “Loosen up my buttons babe...But I canʼt seem to get you/Over here to help take this off”; “Thereʼs a stranger in my bed...This a hickie or a bruise?”) and alcohol (e.g., “...drink/Throw ʻem back ʻtil I lose count”; “Kick back gang sippinʼ fourties”; “I smell like a minibar/DJʼs passed out in the yard...Itʼs a blacked out blur”).
This section has content which remains to be confirmed! You can help by adding to it. Remember to cite!
- The subtitle "A UBISOFT ORIGINAL" can be seen under the game’s logo, making Just Dance 2022 the first game in the series whose logo has a subtitle, excluding special editions.
- Ubisoft Originals is a brand used for Ubisoft's franchises, including the Just Dance series. This makes Just Dance 2022 the first game in the series to use the Ubisoft Originals brand.
- Just Dance 2022 is the first Just Dance game to not have any gameplay teasers revealed with the initial announcement.
- For the second year in a row, the first gameplays were revealed along with the game’s announcement at Nintendo Direct.
- Just Dance 2022 is the first game to not have any songs be announced in August, and the game with the fewest songs revealed by September.
- Just Dance 2022 has the fewest covers of any game since Just Dance, with only two, Boss Witch and Mr. Blue Sky.
- Only including covers made by Ubisoft Music, Just Dance 2022 is still the game with the fewest covers, since Just Dance covers were made or outsourced from other companies.
- Just Dance 2022 has the fewest quartets of any game at release since Dance Crews first appeared in Just Dance 3, with only five prior to the addition of My Way on November 9, 2021.
- Including My Way, Just Dance 2022 is tied with Just Dance 2020 for the fewest quartets in a single game, with six each.
- Just Dance 2022’s main track list contains the most routines which require internet connection to play them, with seven — four Classic routines and three alternate routines, excluding region exclusives.
- Just Dance 2022 is the first game to be rated 18+ in Russia as opposed to the usual 0+.
- Do It Up by Hot Kicks was used as the intro to the announcement of the game.
- On the Ubisoft site, the horizontal logo seen in the top left has a noticeable mistake where Just Dance 2021’s horizontal logo is seen under it.
- Just Dance 2022 was supposed to be at Gamescom 2021 as part of a joint livestream between three German Twitch streamers, but Just Dance 2021 was played instead.
- On October 26, 2021, Ubisoft announced a contest via its Korean Twitter account @KoreaUbisoft in partnership with the dance survival program Street Woman Fighter where watchers had to guess the song chosen by the leaders in Episode 9 within the next day, with the chance to win a copy of the game and a Just Dance 2022 sweatshirt.
- Just Dance 2022 marks the first time the same menu has been reused for four consecutive games.
- Just Dance 2022 is the first game since Kids Mode was introduced in Just Dance 2018 to not have any new routines on the feature.
- Just Dance 2022 is the first game since Just Dance 2017 to not have a Disney song as part of the main track list.
- Just Dance 2022 is the first game to have an Ultimate Edition, which comes with a free one-year subscription to Just Dance Unlimited.
- It is also the first game since Just Dance 2017 to have a Deluxe Edition.
- Just Dance 2022 is the game with the fewest "Hard" difficulties, with a total of 3.
For a full list of Just Dance 2022’s Beta elements, see Just Dance 2022/Beta Elements.
Behind the Scenes
- File:Developers jd2022 factsheet.png
- File:Callonme driverslicense letsparty jd2022 beta proof.png
- File:Hello jd2022 beta proof.png
- https://now.gamescom.global/ubisoft/z/partner-ckrp0adxc08ap0d088nxuuvmh (Archive)
|Read in Other Languages|
|Deutsch • Español • Français • Italiano • Português • Português do Brasil • Polski • Pусский • Română • Tagalog • Türkçe • 中文 • 日本語|