Just Dance 4 is a dance/rhythm game developed and published by Ubisoft. It is the fourth instalment in the series and the first to be released on the Wii U. The game was released on October 2, 2012, with the Wii U version being released on November 18, 2012.
- 1 Gameplay
- 2 Special Editions
- 3 Covers
- 4 Menu and Design
- 5 Track List
- 6 Alternate Routines
- 7 Mashups
- 8 Puppet Master Modes
- 9 Battles
- 10 Just Sweat
- 11 Downloadable Content
- 12 ESRB/PEGI Ratings
- 13 Trivia
- 14 Gallery
- 15 Videos
- 16 References
- 17 Site Navigation
Players are judged on their ability to mimic dance moves performed by on-screen dancers. Players can choose the song they dance to and the score is kept depending on the number of accurate timings and movements.
New features and modes in Just Dance 4 include a dance battle mode, expansions to the game’s Just Sweat mode, and unlockable bonus routines for specific songs.
Players can unlock 'Dance Quests', with each song having up to six missions that can be completed. To complete these quests, players would have to follow specific criteria and movements to clear them.
Dancer Cards can be created by players which display their most frequently played songs, their highest scores, and online and offline challenges. Online leaderboards are available for the Wii U, PS3, and Xbox 360 versions of the game.
Another new feature is the new visuals; The excess neon used on the clothes of the dancers previously have been removed, and clothes are shown in their natural, more realistic state. Also, the dancers’ color schemes are no longer gradient. Backgrounds are also more detailed and animated, rather than the simple backgrounds used in previous games.
Just Dance 4 Special Edition
There is a special edition of the game which only adds one song; Umbrella by Rihanna, as well as an Alternate Version to the song, can be unlocked in-game. However, the Special Edition is only for the PAL Wii due to Umbrella being on the default track list for all other consoles.
Wii U Version
The Wii U version of Just Dance 4 has its special additions and features as well as having the most exclusive Mashups. For the first time in the series, a game mode can support up to 5 players at once. Puppet Master Mode allows four players to dance on-screen at once, while the fifth player uses the Wii U Gamepad and becomes the Master of Ceremonies. The MC can switch dance routines in real-time. The other four players must perform the moves decided by the MC.
The Wii U operator also can create custom choreographies on Puppet Master Modes and choose the next song. The Wii U controller allows light painting, which can be used for writing/drawing things on the screen for the other 4 players. It is also possible to display the lyrics on the Gamepad.
Menu and Design
This section is a stub. You can help by adding to it.
- An asterisk (*) indicates this song is covered in-game.
- A (P) indicates that the song is exclusive to PAL regions.
- An (N) indicates that the song is exclusive to NTSC regions.
- An (S) indicates that the song appears on the Special Edition on the Wii version of the game in PAL regions, and on the main track list on other versions.
- An (E) indicates that the song is a downloadable track on the Wii version of the game in NTSC regions, and on the main track list on other versions.
- A (C) indicates that the song required a code from a promotional Cheetos event (only available on the Wii and Xbox 360 versions on the game in NTSC regions, expired)
- A (W) indicates that the song is exclusive to the Wii U version of the game.
- A █ indicates that the song is playable on the demo version (only on Xbox 360).
|Call Me Maybe||Carly Rae Jepsen||2011||Solo||1|
|Good Feeling||Flo Rida||2011||Solo||2|
|Rock Lobster||The B-52's||1978||Duet||2|
|What Makes You Beautiful||One Direction||2011||Dance Crew||1|
|Hot For Me||A.K.A||2012||Solo||2|
|Aserejé (The Ketchup Song)||Las Ketchup||2002||Duet||1|
|Hit ’Em Up Style (Oops!)||Blu Cantrell||2001||Solo||1|
|We No Speak Americano*||Yolanda Be Cool and DCUP (Hit The Electro Beat)||2010||Solo||2|
|Oops!...I Did It Again*||Britney Spears (The Girly Team)||2000||Dance Crew||2|
|Beauty And A Beat||Justin Bieber ft. Nicki Minaj||2012||Solo||3|
|Everybody Needs Somebody To Love*||The Blues Brothers (Dancing Bros)||1980||Duet||2|
|Crazy Little Thing||Anja||2012||Solo||3|
|Super Bass||Nicki Minaj||2011||Solo||3|
|Tribal Dance||2 Unlimited||1993||Duet||3|
|On the Floor||Jennifer Lopez ft. Pitbull||2011||Solo||1|
|Beware of the Boys (Mundian To Bach Ke)||Panjabi MC||2003||Dance Crew||2|
|Never Gonna Give You Up||Rick Astley||1987||Solo||1|
|Run the Show||Kat DeLuna ft. Busta Rhymes||2007||Duet||3|
|Livin’ La Vida Loca||Ricky Martin||1999||Solo||3|
|You’re the First, the Last, My Everything||Barry White||1974||Dance Crew||1|
|Oh No!||Marina and the Diamonds||2010||Solo||3|
|I Like It||The Blackout Allstars||1994||Duet||3|
|Love You Like a Love Song||Selena Gomez and the Scene||2011||Solo||1|
|Crucified||Army of Lovers||1991||Dance Crew||3|
|Mas Que Nada||Sergio Mendes ft. The Black Eyed Peas||2006||Solo||1|
|Some Catchin' Up To Do||Sammy||2012||Solo||1|
|The Final Countdown||Europe||1986||Duet||3|
|Mr. Saxobeat||Alexandra Stan||2011||Solo||1|
|Jailhouse Rock||Elvis Presley||1957||Dance Crew||1|
|Moves Like Jagger||Maroon 5 ft. Christina Aguilera||2011||Solo||2|
|Can’t Take My Eyes Off You *||Frankie Valli (Boys Town Gang)||1982||Duet||1|
|Make The Party (Don’t Stop) (E)||Bunny Beatz||2012||Solo||2|
|Wild Wild West||Will Smith||1999||Dance Crew||3|
|Istanbul (Not Constantinople)||They Might Be Giants||1990||Dance Crew||1|
|(I’ve Had) The Time Of My Life||Bill Medley and Jennifer Warnes||1987||Duet||3|
|Rock n’ Roll (Will Take You to the Mountain)||Skrillex||2010||Solo||2|
|Time Warp*||The Rocky Horror Picture Show Cast (Halloween Thrills)||1975||Dance Crew||3|
|You Make Me Feel... (C)||Cobra Starship ft. Sabi||2011||Solo||2|
|Brand New Start (C)||Anja||2012||Solo||2|
|Good Girl (N)||Carrie Underwood||2012||Solo||1|
|Umbrella (S)||Rihanna ft. Jay-Z||2007||Solo||1|
|Cercavo Amore (P)||Emma||2012||Solo||3|
|Diggin’ in the Dirt (P)||Stefanie Heinzmann||2012||Solo||2|
|Ain’t No Other Man* (W)||Christina Aguilera (The Girly Team)||2006||Solo||2|
|Domino (W)||Jessie J||2011||Solo||1|
|Want U Back (W)||Cher Lloyd ft. Astro||2011||Solo||1|
These are the songs that were originally planned to be in the game but were later scrapped for unknown reasons.
- A (2014DLC) indicates that the song would later appeared on Just Dance 2014 as a downloadable track.
- A (DLC) indicates that the song was removed in the main game, and later released as DLC.
- An (RS) indicates that the song was replaced with another song, with the routine remaining the same.
|Let Me Feel Ya
|Move Your Body||Beyoncé||2011||Solo||N/A|
|Part of Me (DLC)||Katy Perry||2012||Solo||4|
|Sexy And I Know It (2014DLC)||LMFAO||2011||Solo||2|
|Weapon Of Choice||Fatboy Slim||2001||Unknown||N/A|
- A (U) indicates that the routine can either be unlocked through Mojo (on the Wii) or Ubisoft Club.
- A (WP) indicates that the routine is exclusive to the Wii, Wii U and PS3 versions of the game.
- An (NW) indicates that the routine is not available on the Wii version of the game.
|Call Me Maybe (U)||Alternate||Solo||3|
|Can’t Take My Eyes Off You||Alternate||Solo||3|
|Everybody Needs Somebody To Love (WP)||Hold My Hand||Hold My Hand||1|
|Jailhouse Rock (NW)||Line Dance||Solo||3|
|Run The Show||Extreme||Solo||4|
|Tribal Dance||With a Katana||Solo||1|
|Umbrella||With an Umbrella||Solo||2|
|What Makes You Beautiful||Extreme||Solo||4|
|Wild Wild West||Extreme||Solo||4|
Mashups are present in the game.
- A (W) indicates that the Mashup is only available on the Wii U version of the game.
- A (PW) indicates that the Mashup is only available on the PS3 and Wii U versions of the game.
- A (U) indicates that the Mashup can either be unlocked through the Mojo Wheel on the Wii version of the game, or through Ubisoft Connect on other versions of the game.
|(I’ve Had) The Time Of My Life (PW)||1|
|Ain’t No Other Man* (W)||2|
|Asereje (The Ketchup Song) (W)||2|
|Beauty and a Beat (U)||2|
|Beware of the Boys (Mundian To Bach Ke)||2|
|Call Me Maybe||1|
|Can't Take My Eyes Off You (W)||1|
|Good Feeling (U)||1|
|Hit ’Em Up Style (Oops!) (W)||1|
|I Like It (W)||2|
|Jailhouse Rock (PW)||3|
|Livin’ La Vida Loca (PW)||3|
|Love You Like A Love Song (PW)||1|
|Mas Que Nada (PW)||1|
|Moves Like Jagger||1|
|Mr. Saxobeat (W)||1|
|Never Gonna Give You Up (W)||2|
|Oops!...I Did It Again*||3|
|Rock n’ Roll (Will Take You to the Mountain)||2|
|Run the Show (PW)||2|
|So What (PW)||2|
|Super Bass (PW)||2|
|The Final Countdown (W)||3|
|Tribal Dance (PW)||3|
|We No Speak Americano* (W)||1|
|What Makes You Beautiful||2|
|Wild Wild West (PW)||1|
|You’re the First, the Last, My Everything||3|
|Istanbul (Not Constantinople) (PW)||
Puppet Master Modes
Puppet Master Modes were introduced in Just Dance 4 for the Wii U only. Here are the songs with this mode:
|Ain’t No Other Man*||Christina Aguilera
(The Girly Team)
|Beauty and a Beat||Justin Bieber feat. Nicki Minaj||2012|
|Call Me Maybe||Carly Rae Jepsen||2012|
|Good Feeling||Flo Rida||2011|
|Love You Like A Love Song||Selena Gomez & the Scene||2011|
|Mas Que Nada||Sérgio Mendes feat. The Black Eyed Peas||2006|
|Moves Like Jagger||Maroon 5 feat. Christina Aguilera||2011|
|Mr. Saxobeat||Alexandra Stan||2011|
|Never Gonna Give You Up||Rick Astley||1988|
|Oh No!||Marina and the Diamonds||2010|
|Rock n' Roll (Will Take You to the Mountain)||Skrillex||2010|
|Super Bass||Nicki Minaj||2011|
|We No Speak Americano*||Yolanda Be Cool and DCUP
(Hit The Electro Beat)
|What Makes You Beautiful||One Direction||2011|
|Rock n’ Roll (Will Take You to the Mountain) vs Livin’ la Vida Loca||Skrillex vs. Ricky Martin||1||2010 vs. 1999|
|Super Bass vs Love You Like A Love Song||Nicki Minaj vs. Selena Gomez & the Scene||3||Both 2011|
|Beauty And A Beat vs Call Me Maybe||Justin Bieber ft. Nicki Minaj vs. Carly Rae Jepsen||1||2012 vs. 2011|
|Tribal Dance vs Rock Lobster||2 Unlimited vs. The B-52's||2||1993 vs. 1978|
|Moves Like Jagger vs Never Gonna Give You Up||Maroon 5 ft. Christina Aguilera vs Rick Astley||2||2011 vs. 1987|
- A (U) indicates that the workout must be unlocked via the Wheel of Gifts.
|Aerobics in Space||Dynamic Fitness Steps / 80's Pop Music||Moon Cruise||Solar Trip||Galactic Journey|
|Sweat Around The World||Latin Dance Practice / World Music||Garden Journey||Forest Dance||Jungle Adventure|
|Electro Body Combat||Cardio Fighting Exercise / Electro Music||Amateur Match||Pro Competition||World Championship|
|Cheerleaders Boot Camp||Extreme Training / Punk Rock Music||Garage Rehearsal||Club Concert||Stadium Show|
|Swinging 60's Workout (U)||Funny Health Conditioning / Classy Pop Music||Breakfast Practice||Tea Party Training||Flower Power Party|
- NW - Available for Wii consoles in the NTSC region only
- P - Available in the PAL region only
- WXP - Wii, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3 only
- WC - Only available in the store without using the code
Note that DLCs on Wii were made unavailable on January 30, 2019. The ability to get Wii points was removed on March 30, 2018.
|Part Of Me||Katy Perry||2012||Solo||4||October 18, 2012|
|You Make Me Feel... (WC)||Cobra Starship ft. Sabi||2011||Solo||2||October 18, 2012|
|Gangnam Style||PSY||2012||Duet||3||November 20, 2012|
|Funhouse||P!nk||2009||Solo||3||November 20, 2012|
|Make The Party (Don't Stop) (NW)||Bunny Beatz||2012||Solo||2||November 20, 2012|
|Dagomba||Sorcerer||2003||Solo||2||November 20, 2012|
|One Thing||One Direction||2011||Duet||1||December 11, 2012|
|Heavy Cross||Gossip||2009||Solo||2||December 11, 2012|
|So Glamorous||The Girly Team||2012||Solo||2||December 11, 2012|
|Hit The Lights||Selena Gomez and the Scene||2012||Solo||2||December 11, 2012|
|Good Girl (P)||Carrie Underwood||2012||Solo||1||December 11, 2012|
|Want U Back (WXP)||Cher Lloyd ft. Astro||2012||Solo||1||December 25, 2012|
|Oath||Cher Lloyd ft. Becky G||2012||Duet||2||January 22, 2013|
|We R Who We R||Ke$ha||2010||Solo||2||January 22, 2013|
|Boom||Reggaeton Storm||2006||Solo||2||January 22, 2013|
|Professor Pumplestickle||Nick Phoenix and Thomas J. Bergersen||2006||Duet||3||March 5, 2013|
|The Lazy Song||Bruno Mars||2010||Solo||1||March 5, 2013|
|Gold Dust||DJ Fresh||2010||Solo||2||March 5, 2013|
|Die Young||Ke$ha||2012||Duet||3||April 2, 2013|
|Primadonna||Marina and the Diamonds||2012||Solo||2||April 2, 2013|
|Baby Girl (WXP)||Reggaeton||2009||Solo||2||April 2, 2013|
Resources can be found here
- Platforms: Wii / Wii U / Xbox 360 / PS3
- Rating Category: E10+
- Content Descriptors: Comic Mischief, Lyrics
- Others: Music Downloads and/or Streams Not Rated by the ESRB (Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Wii U)
Rating Summary: This is a rhythm-and-dance simulation game in which players perform choreographed routines by following the movements of on-screen characters. Players score points by accurately moving their bodies in time with the music and scrolling indicators. Some songs include suggestive material (e.g., “Temptress, hands up, naughty on the inside,” “That badonkadonk is like a trunk full of bass on an old school Chevy,” “Take me by the tongue . . . Kiss me 'til you're drunk,” “Hey, sexy boy, set me free/Don't be shy, play with me/My dirty boy, can't you see”). Some lyrics also reference alcohol (e.g., “All I need is some vodka . . .” and “She never drinks the water/Makes you order French champagne”). In one comical dance sequence, a cartoony character (a rabbid) removes its tight shorts (no nudity is depicted).
Resources can be found here
No other information given on PEGI website.
- The exemplary images in the DLC instruction manual show songs that were never made available for purchase in the game, like Alright, Katti Kalandal and Brand New Start. The first two were DLC in the previous game, whereas the latter is a code unlockable in this one.
- Just Dance 4 is the last game in a row to have a song by Britney Spears, as at least one song of hers is in every game in the main series except for Just Dance 2014, Just Dance 2015, and Just Dance 2020.
- On the PlayStation 3 version, if there is DLC downloaded to the system, the scores won't be seen next to the dancer(s) like in the other consoles. They have to be seen through the leaderboard.
- The effort ratings were removed in this game, and they have been absent from every game in the main series up until Just Dance 2019.
- This is the first game in the main series where lyrics are highlighted on all consoles. The highlighting color is usually the same as the coach's glove or the pictograms.
- Battle Mode was first introduced to the main series in this game. It would appear for the last time on Just Dance 2014.
- On the NTSC box art, Umbrella and Moves Like Jagger have different color schemes, but Umbrella's color scheme is from the bridge when she turns golden.
- On the PAL box art, Mr. Saxobeat has different color schemes.
- No Mashups in this game have gold moves. This is the only game in the series where they are omitted from that mode.
- There are 33 total Mashups in the game. However, only the Wii U version holds all of them. The Wii and Xbox 360 versions have only 12 of them each, and the PS3 version has 24 of them.
- A thirty-fourth Mashup (Istanbul (Not Constantinople)’s Mashup) was planned to be in the game but got cut.
- Just Dance 4 has the most original routines in the series. There are:
- 50 classic routines.
- 10 alternate routines.
- 16 brand new DLCs.
- On the Wii U version of the game, there is a notification that will appear at the bottom-right corner of the song list saying that there are 64 Mojo levels. However, there are only 62 gifts on the Wii U version.
- On the rest of the consoles, its maximum level is 33.
- Light painting and karaoke are not available while playing Puppet Master Modes.
- In gameplay footage of the beta version, the pictogram bar has a flashing triangle where the pictograms fade, much like the previous three games. In the released version, it's replaced by a rectangle.
- The Gold Move effect from Just Dance 3 and Just Dance Wii 2 is used along with the sound effect from this game in the beta version.
- The On Fire feature, which was used to give you more points if you get multiple "Perfect"s or "Good"s in a row, has been removed from the game. It has been absent from every game in the main series ever since.
- The game files contain a video of various people from the development team dancing randomly and wearing various costume accessories. This video is formatted like other coach videos in the files.
- On the title screen in the Xbox 360 version, the coach from Disturbia shows the pose that the player has to do (by raising his or her hand) to activate the menu control.
- You're the First, the Last, My Everything plays during the Credits.
- If the player continues the song after pausing, it'll go on to the countdown starting with 3. The speed depends on the song's BPM.
- The Wii U version’s menu has a different Back button and loading icon.
- The Wii version of Just Dance 4 is the last game in the series to run at 60fps in that console. All the following games run at 30fps.
- The NTSC PlayStation 3 box art says "Only On PlayStation", despite the game being multi-platform.
- The game was supposed to have Medley, but it was removed for unknown reasons.
- The Gold Move sound is not played on Wii Remotes; instead, they vibrate when a player correctly does a Gold Move.
- The lyrics are closer to the edge on the Wii.
- Starting with this game, the lyric lines are generally longer than in previous games.
- Just Dance 4 is the first game to be available for 8th-gen consoles (Wii U). The previous three games were only available for 7th-gen consoles.
- The Xbox 360 version of the game does not have a crown above the leader’s name. Instead, the leader will have gold arcs below their name and Kinect silhouette.
- An Autodance will not be recorded when playing a DLC song.
- As of January 31, 2019, downloadable tracks are no longer obtainable in the Wii version of the game due to the discontinuation of the Wii Shop Channel and Nintendo WFC Pay & Play services. The ability to add Wii Points has been removed on March 26, 2018.
- When exiting back to the main menu during the gameplay, the current score will be saved. This also happens when restarting the song. The only way to avoid this is to completely turn off the game.
- Just Dance 4 is the third game in the series to be nominated for Favorite Video Game at the Kids Choice Awards.
- As of an unknown date, Just Dance 4 was removed from the Nintendo eShop.
- As of an unknown date, all the DLCs (except Funhouse) have been removed from the PlayStation store.
For a full list of Just Dance 4’s beta elements, see Just Dance 4/Beta Elements.
For a full list of Just Dance 4’s achievements, see Just Dance 4 Achievements.
Behind the Scenes
|Read in Other Languages|
|Deutsch • Español • Français • Italiano • Português • Português do Brasil • Polski • Pусский • Română • Tagalog • Türkçe • 中文 • 日本語|