- For the Just Dance Kids routine, see Kids in America (Just Dance Kids).
Appearance of the Dancer
The dancer is a schoolgirl. She has purple hair in two pigtails, a pink shirt, a purple and white striped tie, a purple vest, a purple checkered skirt, pink knee-length socks, and purple sneakers.
The background is an empty city at night. There is a fence to the left of the coach, three shining lamp posts, and three magenta skyscrapers are seen far away. The floor of the city is blue and reflective.
In the Just Dance 3 version, the city pinker and has some flashing lights behind the skyscrapers, along with fog. A ringing bell can be briefly heard at the beginning of the routine.
In the remake, the background has some 2D houses, some 2D arrows in American style, pedestrian crossings, and shadows of skyscrapers. There are some angulation changing effects, and the houses and arrows glow.
The background was changed to be in the daytime.
In Just Dance 3, there are 6 Gold Moves in this routine, all of which are the same:
All Gold Moves: Throw both of your arms outward.
There are 3 Shout-Out Lines in this routine, all of which are the same:
All Shout-Out Lines: “We’re the kids in America”
Kids in America appears in the following Mashups:
- The "woah" and "la la" lines are not written down in the lyrics.
- The lyrics contain a minor capitalization error: the "Y" in "New York" (in the line "New york to East California") is not uppercase.
- The Just Dance square has the coach’s bracelet on her left arm. This was fixed in the Just Dance 3 square.
- The first three counted moves (four on Xbox 360) are not counted as moves in the original Just Dance.
- In Just Dance 3 and the remake, one of the pictograms has incorrect shading, which is mostly placed at the bottom, and part of the left hand is cropped out.
- Some elements from Uptown Funk are recycled in the remake.
- In the Beta remake, the audio and video are out of sync with the pictograms and the lyrics.
- As of an unknown date, the remake found in the Just Dance Now files has been updated to a newer one. There are several differences between the two versions:
- The coach appears to be darker and with a thicker outline.
- The color palette in the updated remake is much brighter.
- The older one starts with some cheering sounds, while the newer one starts with a ringing school bell.
- In the older one, the coach’s silhouette fades in before the opening circular effect; in the newer one, instead, the circle opens and zooms in towards the coach, who already has all her colors.
- There are many more animations and zoom effects in the updated version.
- In the Just Dance version, one of the moves in the chorus has a pictogram error: The pictogram instructs the player to leave the left arm pointing down, but the coach actually performs said move with her hand on her hip.
- Additionally, one of the moves right before the chorus actually lacks a pictogram.
- In the Xbox 360 manual on how to download songs in Just Dance 4, this song appears as a placeholder DLC along with A-Punk, Alright, Katti Kalandal, and Move Your Feet.
- The coach appears twice in a row on Rock Lobster’s Mashup.
Official Music Video
|Read in Other Languages|
|Deutsch • Español • Français • Italiano • Português • Português do Brasil • Polski • Pусский • Română • Tagalog • Türkçe • 中文 • 日本語|