|Remove the bandaids!
This article contains images or videos with watermarks. If possible, please replace them with non-watermarked media.
"Land Of 1000 Dances" by Chris Kenner was planned to be on Just Dance but it was scrapped for unknown reasons. The version of the song by Wilson Pickett was featured on Just Dance 3. It also appears in Just Dance Now, Just Dance Unlimited, and Just Dance 2018 (in Kids Mode via Just Dance Unlimited).
- 1 Appearance of the Dancer
- 2 Background
- 3 Gold Moves
- 4 Shout-Out Lines
- 5 Appearances in Mashups
- 6 Appearances in Playlists
- 7 Trivia
- 8 Gallery
- 9 Videos
- 10 References
- 11 Site Navigation
Appearance of the Dancer
The coach is a man dressed as a green alligator with yellow spines. He wears an orange shirt underneath a violet suit with a beige collar, an orange pocket highlight, beige buttons and a beige border at the bottom of the coat. His pants have a hole behind that reveals his tail. He also wears white shoes with violet soles, violet highlights and orange laces. His outline is greenish. During the final part of the routine, the coach fades away along with the song itself.
Original (Xbox 360)
In the Xbox 360 version of Just Dance 3, his color scheme is brighter, and his outline is light blue and thinner.
In the remake, he has a more realistic appearance, and his glow is light green.
The routine takes place in a classroom. The class has three students: a penguin - who is behind the dancer - is sitting at her desk with her pen touching a sheet of paper, at the bottom left of the screen is an orange rhino with crayons all across his desk, and in the bottom right is a fox who is covered in blue paint, and has paint splattered across his desk. At the very back of the room, there is a large chalkboard which covers up almost the whole back wall. On the chalkboard there are some fridge magnets that are shaped like the alphabet. It is in this order (left to right) N, b, E, M, A, n, c, f. And on the chalkboard, it reads "land of 1000 dances" in chalked cursive. In the original background, the alphabets light up and in the remake, the alphabets light up with dimmer lights.
There are 4 Gold Moves in this routine, all of which are the same:
All Gold Moves: Put your hands up and bring them down slowly making claw motions. Gold Moves 3 and 4 are done consecutively.
There are 3 Shout-Out Lines in this routine:
Shout-Out Line 1: “Na na na na”
Shout-Out Line 2: “Wow!”
Shout-Out Line 3: “Wow! Do it!”
Land Of 1000 Dances appears in the following Mashups:
Land Of 1000 Dances appears in the following playlists:
Just Dance 3
Just Dance Now
- Being released in 1966, Land Of 1000 Dances is the oldest song on Just Dance 3, not including downloadable content.
- Land Of 1000 Dances is sampled in Here Comes the Hotstepper.
- The following mistakes can be noticed in the lyrics in all versions of the routine:
- "Ow!" is misinterpreted as "Oh!" the first time it is sung and as "Hey!" the second time it is sung.
- In "I feel pretty good y’all", "I" is absent.
- "Oow!" is misspelled as "Ohh!".
- "Playing in the alley" is misinterpreted as "Dance with me honey".
- "With Long Tall Sally" is misinterpreted as "Like Long Tall Sally".
- The following mistakes can be noticed in the lyrics in Just Dance 3:
- In the Xbox 360 version, "Ow!" (misinterpreted as Hey!" on every other console) does not appear at all the second time.
- In the Xbox 360 version, "yeah" is absent from "On your hips yeah".
- "I need somebody to help me say it one time" is misinterpreted as "Need somebody/Help me say it one time".
- "Huh!" is misspelled as "Hah!".
- "Roll over on your back" is misinterpreted as "Gotta hold on your back".
- "Do that Jerk uh" is misinterpreted as "Do the Jerk" in the Xbox 360 version.
- "Watch me work y’all" is misinterpreted as "Watch my way ow" in the Xbox 360 version.
- The following mistakes can be noticed in the lyrics in the remake:
- "Like Bony Maronie" is misspelled as "Like Bony Moronie" in the remake.
- "In "Mashed Potato/Do the Alligator", "Potato" and "Alligator" are not capitalised in the remake.
- However, "to" has been readded to the line "Need somebody to/Help me say it one time".
- The coach was likely to have taken inspiration from the line "Do the Alligator".
- The coach sometimes disappears due to a glitch.
- The coach’s tail glitches a lot, as it sometimes overlaps the coat.
- The pictograms have golden arrows, in spite of the coach wearing an orange glove.
- On Just Dance 2014 and Just Dance Wii U, the avatar does not have the orange collar, as opposed to Just Dance 2015 and later games.
- The penguin in the background has an avatar in Just Dance 2016, which can be unlocked after completing the Just Dance TV progress bar.
|Read in Other Languages|
|Deutsch • Español • Français • Italiano • Português • Português do Brasil • Polski • Pусский • Română • Tagalog • Türkçe • 中文 • 日本語|