Appearance of the Dancer
The dancer is a woman who resembles a 1950s housewife. She is wearing a polkadot pink and white dress, a blue and white apron, a pair of pink and blue shoes, and has pink short hair.
No visible differences are shown, except for the fact that the dancer seems to be more realistic, and that she is in a slightly lighter hue. Also, her outline has changed from violet to magenta. Her pumps are now blue. Her hair has notably gotten darker.
The routine takes place in front of a light blue animated curtain with many dots and cherries on it, and a red line at its bottom. If you look closely, you can notice that the curtain slightly moves a bit.
In this version, the curtain is replaced by a dark blue wall with several mirrors. The cherries are hanging on them and they sway to the beat of the song.
The background is the same from the Just Dance 3 version. However, the cherries now glow every beat, and the background is darker.
There are 2 Gold Moves in this routine, both of which are the same; they are not available in Just Dance:
Both Gold Moves: Swing your right hand down as if to wipe away sweat.
Mashed Potato Time appears in the following Mashup:
Mashed Potato Time appears in Puppet Master Modes. Here are the captions attributed to its dance moves:
- Bake A Cake
- Sweep The Floor
Appearances in Playlists
Mashed Potato Time is featured in the following playlists:
Just Dance Now
- All Songs K-R
- Mashed Potato Time is the oldest song in Just Dance.
- Mashed Potato Time is referenced in Land Of 1000 Dances.
- This song references The Lion Sleeps Tonight.
- Just Dance and Just Dance 3 have a lyric error: a line reads "Feel it in your feet now" instead of "Peel it to me now". This was later fixed in the remake.
- From Just Dance 3 onwards, the first time "Potato" is sung, it is misspelled in the lyrics as "Patato".
- In Just Dance Now, the song was mistakenly placed between Party Rock Anthem and Pound The Alarm for a long time; this is because its code name is Potato.
- In Just Dance Now, the first and third time "Hmm" is sung, it is not highlighted.
- Also, when "Peel it to me now" is sung, "now" is not highlighted, despite still being sung.
- Mashed Potato Time is the only song in Just Dance with a difficulty rating and an effort rating of 1.
- In the Just Dance menu icon, the coach’s dress is hot pink, and her apron has hot pink lines on it (instead of white ones).
- The original version has 26 pictograms, making Mashed Potato Time the routine with the fewest pictograms in the original Just Dance game.
- However, the Just Dance 3 version only has 20 making it the song with the least amount of pictograms in Just Dance 3 and the entire series, thus holding three records.
- The following activities are shown by the pictograms: Vacuuming, holding a baby, cleaning the dishes, cleaning the windows, being tired, cooking, sweating, and peeling potatoes.
- In Just Dance, the apron disappears after the coach throws it away; in later games, it remains visible.
- In Just Dance, the menu shows the title as Mashed Potato Time. However, the banner that appears before starting the routine says It’s Mashed Potato Time.
- The Just Dance Unlimited album coach is done with a white fade in the style of the Just Dance 2014 and Just Dance 2015 album coaches.
- In versions after Just Dance, when the coach throws the apron, it can visibly be seen being stopped by an invisible wall.
|Read in Other Languages|
|Deutsch • Español • Français • Italiano • Português • Português do Brasil • Polski • Pусский • Română • Tagalog • Türkçe • 中文 • 日本語|