Appearance of the Dancer
The dancer is based off of Frankenstein’s Monster. He has short aquamarine hair, a wrinkled face with red half-closed eyes and dormant facial features. He wears a tattered, jade green blazer with a dark green collar, dark green sleeves and a red patch on the right sleeve, a white and green striped shirt, tattered teal pants with white laces and green and red patches, green and dark green striped long socks under white shoes with black highlights.
At the beginning of the routine, his head is detached from the rest of the body and held on his right hand. Before the song starts, he places it on his neck while a light blue lightning effect plays between the two parts, and then his whole body is surrounded by lightnings for a few seconds.
At the end of the routine, his right arm falls off.
In the remake, his color scheme is lighter, and he has a light green glow around his body. At the end, his right arm falls off a few split seconds later and with a different transition, which also changes its final position.
The routine takes place in a monochrome laboratory. The equipment from above light up like lightning at the beginning of the routine while the monster puts on his head. Sometimes bats fly around.
There are 2 Gold Moves in this routine:
Gold Move 1: Flap both of your hands like a bat.
Gold Move 2: Shake your arms back and forth.
Monster Mash appears in the following Dance Quest maps.
Monster Mash is featured in the following Mashups:
- I Like It
- Moves Like Jagger
- You’re the First, the Last, My Everything
- Bad Romance (Monsters)
- Never Can Say Goodbye (Best of JD 2)
- Teacher (Costume Party)
Monster Mash appears in Puppet/Party Master Modes. Here are the captions attributed to his dance moves:
- Break Free
- Crazy Zombie
- Francky's Groove
- Frankenstein Punch
- Mash Walk
- No Shoulders
- Out The Grave
- Walking Dead
- Zombie Cheer
- Zombie Drive
- Zombie Twist
Appearances in Playlists
Monster Mash is featured in the following playlists:
Just Dance Now
- All Songs K-R
- Monster Mash is mentioned in Apache (Jump On It).
- Monster Mash is the first Halloween-themed routine in the series.
- In the teaser, the part where the coach puts his head on his body was cut out.
- On Just Dance 2, the menu icon does not show the dancer; it only shows his head surrounded by other copies of it.
- On Just Dance 2, when the arm detaches from the body, the red glove cannot be seen.
- This is fixed in You’re the First, the Last, My Everything (Mashup) and in the remake, by applying a different animation that changes the position of the arm when it touches the ground.
- However, this change makes the effect less credible, as the gap between the arm and the rest of the body is clearer.
- The background appears in Rock Lobster.
- For unknown reasons, in the pictogram sprite, the Gold Move 2 pictogram appears twice, despite there being no differences and only happening once.
- On Just Dance Unlimited, the artist is credited as "The Frighteners (in the style of Bobby 'Boris' Pickett & The Crypt-Kickers)".
|Read in Other Languages|
|Deutsch • Español • Français • Italiano • Português • Português do Brasil • Polski • Pусский • Română • Tagalog • Türkçe • 中文 • 日本語|