Appearance of the DancerHanfu styles, and of traditional Chinese dancers. The robe and the sleeves have various eastern patterns in the same shade of turquoise as her blouse. She is wearing a pair of dark-violet translucent trousers over her black lingerie-undergarment, which has a golden waistband. Around her waist is a gold chain belt. She wears dark-violet heeled boots. Her hair is long, sea-green with a hint of blue, and it is tied into a top bun secured by a pair of fa zan or Chinese hairpins. The rest of the hair is kept flowing. She is also wearing a pair of wide, futuristic visor sunglasses.
The routine is set in a cyberpunk-themed city. At the beginning of the routine, the city lights up, and a hologram of the dancer appears in the background. During the rap verses of the song, there are giant goldfish swimming around the buildings and a lotus flower which can be seen at the bottom right. Many Chinese neon signs light up or glitch, some of which also spin. During the pre-chorus, the background changes into another shot of the city. A blue Chinese lung dragon flies around the buildings. The Chinese signs illuminate, along with the purple details of the buildings.
Seconds before the chorus, the face of a lion lined in orange is shown. In the instrumental break, a Traditional Chinese character (which changes between 發 and 舞) framed in a circle and multiple goldfish show up. The character lights up in red to the beat of the song. Several fire effects surround the character and its frame. Alongside these elements, two clones of the dancers without the robe and in a different hairstyle also flank the dancer.
There are 2 Gold Moves in this routine:
Gold Move 1: Place your hands bent in 90° above your head.
Gold Move 2: Put up both of your hands and bend them slightly.
Appearances in Playlists
New World is featured in the following playlists:
Just Dance 2019
- Challenging Dances
- Around the World
- Eastern Inspirations
- Beginning of Just Dance World Cup
Just Dance Now
- All Songs K-R
- New World is the only song in the main series to feature a Chinese artist as well as a Chinese verse.
- The lyrics for Vava’s verse are written in Pinyin.
- New World is Vava's first song.
- Kiiara, who sings the post-chorus, is not credited in the actual song nor in the game.
- “Sake” and “b**ch” are censored.
- The line "On sawtelle with the boys" is misinterpreted as "Also tell with the boys".
- New World was referenced by Ubisoft in the ESRB label of Just Dance 2019, in which the following lyric was cited: "Got a fine Russian model/Taking vodka from the bottle".
- The Traditional Chinese characters in the background, “發” and “舞”, mean “prosperity” and “dance” respectively.
- The promotional image of the coach features the coach’s glove on her left hand.
- The coach was initially intended to have purple hair, lighter blue pants, and a mint green top, as seen in two placeholder pictograms that can be found in an early pictogram sprite.
- In the same sprite, there are seven unused pictograms, one of which is a non-golden version of Gold Move 2.
- In Just Dance Now, the first pictogram appears too early.
- The coach was originally going to have a normal green outline, as seen in promotional pictures.
Official Music Video
|Read in Other Languages|
|Deutsch • Español • Français • Italiano • Português • Português do Brasil • Polski • Pусский • Română • Tagalog • Türkçe • 中文 • 日本語|