|Remove the bandaids!
This article contains images or videos with watermarks. If possible, please replace them with non-watermarked media.
- 1 Appearance of the Dancer
- 2 Background
- 3 Gold Moves
- 4 Appearances in Playlists
- 5 Trivia
- 6 Gallery
- 7 Videos
- 8 References
- 9 Site Navigation
Appearance of the Dancer
The dancer is a woman wearing a Sino-Western inspired costume with a futuristic tone. She wears a stylised bright turquoise blouse, with a gap between the two bosoms in the form of a triangular opening. The blouse also goes up to the neck. She is wearing two ornamental golden necklaces over it, one long and one short. Over the blouse, she has a long red robe with an open front and long sleeves reminiscent of Hanfu styles, and traditional Chinese dancers. The robe and the sleeves have various eastern patterns in the same shade of turquoise as her blouse. She is wearing a pair of dark violet translucent trousers over her black undergarment, which has a golden waistband. Around her waist is a gold chain belt. She wears dark violet heeled boots. Her hair is long, sea-green with a hint of blue, and it is tied into a top bun secured by a pair of fa zan (Chinese bobby pins). The rest of her hair is loose. She is also wearing a wide, futuristic visor. She has a digitized-style outline with floating pixels, which is yellow in the verses and dark pink in the chorus.
The routine is set in a cyberpunk-themed city. At the beginning of the routine, the city lights up, and a hologram of the dancer appears in the background. During the rap verses of the song, there are giant holograms of goldfish swimming around the buildings and a lotus flower which can be seen at the bottom right. Many Chinese neon signs light up or glitch, some of which also spin. During the pre-chorus, the background changes into another shot of the city. A blue hologram of a Chinese dragon flies around the buildings. The Chinese signs illuminate, along with the purple details of the buildings.
Seconds before the chorus, the face of a lion lined in orange is shown. In the instrumental break, a Traditional Chinese character (which changes between 發 and 舞) framed in a circle and multiple goldfish show up. The character lights up in red to the beat of the song. Several fire effects surround the character and its frame. Alongside these elements, two holograms of the dancers without the robe and in a different hairstyle also flank the dancer.
There are 2 Gold Moves in this routine:
Gold Move 1: Place your hands bent in 90° above your head.
Gold Move 2: Put up both of your hands and bend them slightly.
New World is featured in the following playlists:
Just Dance 2019
- Around the World
- Beginning of Just Dance World Cup
- Challenging Dances
- Eastern Inspirations
- Just Dance 2019
Just Dance 2020
- Eastern Inspirations
- Just Dance 2019
Just Dance Now
- All Songs K-R
- Outer World
- Ready Player Dance
- New World is the first song by Vava in the series.
- “Sake” and “b**ch” are censored.
- The lyrics for Vava’s verse are written in Pinyin.
- The line "On sawtelle with the boys" is misinterpreted as "Also tell with the boys".
- New World was referenced by Ubisoft in the ESRB rating summary of Just Dance 2019, in which the following lyric was cited: "Got a fine Russian model/Taking vodka from the bottle".
- The Traditional Chinese characters in the background, “發” and “舞”, mean “prosperity” and “dance” respectively.
- The coach was initially intended to have purple hair, lighter blue pants, and a mint green top, as seen in two placeholder pictograms that can be found in an early pictogram sprite.
- In the same sprite, there are seven unused pictograms, one of which is a non-golden version of Gold Move 2.
- The two placeholder pictograms have a higher resolution than the rest of the pictograms.
- The coach was originally going to have a normal green outline, as seen in promotional pictures.
- The promotional image of the coach features the coach’s glove on her left hand.
- In Just Dance Now, the first pictogram may appear prematurely.
Official Music Video
|Read in Other Languages|
|Deutsch • Español • Français • Italiano • Português • Português do Brasil • Polski • Pусский • Română • Tagalog • Türkçe • 中文 • 日本語|