"Nine In The Afternoon" by Panic! At The Disco was featured on Just Dance 2 as a DLC but became unavailable for purchase following the shutdown of the Wii Shop Channel in January 2019. The song remains playable in Just Dance: Summer Party, Just Dance Now and Just Dance Unlimited.
Appearance of the Dancers
The two dancers appear to be dressed up as animals.
P1 is a woman dressed as a cat. Her hair is short and is wearing a green hat with pink cat ears. Her shirt is of the same shade of green as her hat and is one-sleeved on her left arm. She is wearing green and white striped leggings, a purple and white striped skirt, purple kitten heels, and a cat-tail.
In the remake, her face, skirt, and heels are a darker hue.
P2 is a man dressed up as a dog. On his head are two top hats, one pink, and the other green with dog ears hanging from them. He's wearing a dark purple jacket which covers a hot pink jumpsuit with some green and white stripes. His shoes are green, white, and purple. His hands are also paw-like in appearance.
In the remake, his face, ears, and jacket are in a darker hue.
The background plays a big role in the routine; it shifts from day to night very often. Visually the background appears to be some kind of candy land with its big candy canes sticking up from the ground and pink grass. In the distance there is a mountain with a castle on it and giant cogwheels can be seen too. During the daytime the sky appears to be green and the sun is above the castle. During the nighttime the sky still has hints of green but it's just toned down to a more blue color. Geographically, there is an error with the moon; it hangs in front of the cogwheel.
In the remake, the switch from day to night is neater, and, at the end, the coaches' walk is slowed down. Also, unlike the original, they are no longer obscured by the pink wheel.
There are 3 Gold Moves in this routine:
Gold Moves 1 and 2 (P1): Turn around in the counterclockwise direction.
Gold Moves 1 and 2 (P2): Turn around in the clockwise direction.
Gold Move 3: Bend your knees and shake your hands while doing a thumbs up.
Appearances in Playlists
Nine in the Afternoon is featured in the following playlists:
Just Dance 2019
- Dance into the 2000s
- Put a Lid on It
Just Dance Now
- All Songs K-R
- Nine In The Afternoon is the first song by Panic! At The Disco in the series.
- Almost one minute has been cut from the track.
- "Panic! At The Disco" is credited without the exclamation point, so it appears as "Panic At The Disco".
- This mistake was fixed in Just Dance 2018.
- P2’s avatar in Just Dance 2015 is unlocked by achieving Level 20 on the World Dance Floor.
- In the menu assets for the remake, P1’s make-up is less visible than in the actual routine.
- At the end of the remake, some parts of P1’s tail become white.
- When Nine in the Afternoon was first uploaded to the Just Dance Now servers, the pictograms sprite featured both the pictograms from Just Dance 2 and the new ones.
- In the beta routine, the castle was on the top of the farthest hill, the sun was much brighter and the dancers’ positions were flipped.
- However, their positions are not changed in the menu icon of Just Dance 2.
Official Music Video
|Read in Other Languages|
|Deutsch • Español • Français • Italiano • Português • Português do Brasil • Polski • Pусский • Română • Tagalog • Türkçe • 中文 • 日本語|