Appearance of the Dancers
The all-female quartet is themed around the Four Elements. Each dancer’s wardrobe reflects the different fashion styles of Ariana Grande’s past eras.
P1’s brunette hair is dyed blonde at the ends and done up in two ponytails, reminiscent of her look in the Positions music video. She wears blue eyeshadow and a red lip. She accessorizes with a gold earring, a gold necklace and a gold bracelet on her left wrist. Representing the water signs, she wears an unbuttoned blue cropped blazer over a hot pink bra. The left lapel of her blazer is adorned with pins representing Cancer, Pisces, and Virgo. She is also wearing a blue skirt with a wavy pattern, and a waist chain is wrapped around her skirt. For footwear, she wears a pair of blue stilettos.
P2 has purple waist-length hair tied in a ponytail with pink braids that extend to her chest. Representing the fire signs, her outfit color palette is dominated by red and orange. She has purple eyebrows and wears hot pink eyeshadow and a red lip. For accessories, she has a black choker bearing the Leo symbol, a gold necklace with the Aries symbol, and a pair of earrings with the Sagittarius symbol. She is also wearing a gold bracelet on her right wrist. She is wearing a variation of Ariana’s wardrobe during the Dangerous Woman Tour, with a red-orange crop top, skirt, and high boots.
P3’s hair is done in Ariana’s classic high ponytail and dyed in striking red, reminiscent of her Victorious character, Cat Valentine. Her eyebrows are a similar shade of red, and she wears blue eyeshadow and red lipstick. She accessorizes with a pair of golden hoop earrings, a gold necklace, and a gold bangle on her right wrist. Representing the earth signs, she is wearing a forest green power suit, another allusion to the Positions music video. The blazer has a green lapel and is studded with gold buttons. Holding the blazer up is a black waistband adorned with 3 zodiac signs (Capricorn, Taurus, and Scorpio). Completing the suit is a pair of green trousers. For footwear, she wears a pair of purple pumps with ribbons as ankle straps.
P4’s brunette hair is done up in pigtails with double buns that bear blue highlights. For makeup, she is wearing gold eyeshadow and a red lip. Representing the air signs, she is wearing a yellow oversized hoodie, symbolic of the Sweetener era, over a blue bra. Her hoodie is adorned with pins representing each of the air signs (Gemini, Libra, and Aquarius). Around her neck, she wears a pink neck scarf tied into a bow. She is wearing black underwear, as well as a pair of fishnet tights bearing blue stars and squiggly lines that form constellation patterns. For footwear, she is wearing a pair of golden heel boots.
This section is a stub. You can help by adding to it.
The background alternates between four different scenes, each corresponding to the elements of water, fire, earth, and air respectively. During each coach’s solo portion, the background remains on the scene corresponding to the element that coach represents. Then, during the chorus and outro, the scenes cut in order from water to air. The rotation effect from the Positions music video is occasionally employed as a transition between scenes.
During the bridge, the routine alternates between two backgrounds, one a combination of the water and fire scenes, and the other a combination of the earth and air scenes, depending on the pair of coaches that is actively dancing.
The "Water" scene takes place in an area with a pool and different sizes of bubbles flowing everywhere, there are also bubbles flowing in the background, with also different sizes of bubbles.
The "Fire" scene is filled with fiery dust, has a red floor, tall and red pillars, transparent doors, and flames in the background.
The "Earth" scene takes place outdoors on a platform of stained glass tiles. The scene is filled with lush grass and trimmed hedges. Pink, white, blue, and orange flowers are seen throughout the greenery. Blue butterflies and orange are seen floating around the dancers.
The "Air" scene is with a pinkish-grey ground with winds floating past like waves of glitter in all sorts of colors. There are broken marble pillars in the ground, and you could see bigger pillars that fit the aesthetical color in the distance.
There are 2 Gold Moves in this routine:
Gold Move 1:
- P1 and P2: Touch both of your hands slightly down and shake your head while facing towards your partner.
- P3 and P4: Touch both of your hands slightly up shake your head while facing away from your partner.
Gold Move 2: Swing your left arm under your right arm and in front of your chest while placing your right foot in front of your left simultaneously.
This section details the release and removal history of Positions.
|Game||Date Added||Date Removed|
|Just Dance Now||February 23, 2022||March 7, 2022|
|April 1, 2022||June 30, 2022|
|Just Dance Unlimited||February 17, 2022||March 3, 2022|
|March 3, 2022||N/A|
|舞力无限||March 4, 2022||N/A|
- Positions is the twelfth song by Ariana Grande in the main series.
- "F**k it" and "s**t" are censored.
- However, P3 still lip-syncs the former.
- In the preview, "f**k it" is censored such that the background vocals can be heard singing "running", and "s**t" is censored with the "sh" still audible. In the final game, the censored segments are made completely inaudible.
- In Just Dance Now, the artist name is missing, due to the credits string in the .json file being empty.
- Positions was the third Just Dance Unlimited-exclusive map to be initially free for a limited period before requiring a Just Dance Unlimited subscription, after Woman Like Me and Drum Go Dum.
- It was the fourth such map in the entirety of Just Dance Unlimited, after Troublemaker, Woman Like Me, and Drum Go Dum.
- Positions was the first Just Dance Unlimited-exclusive map from the Just Dance 2022 era to be released in Just Dance Now.
- The pins representing Scorpio (a water sign) and Virgo (an earth sign) have been switched such that they are worn, erroneously, by P3 and P1 respectively.
- The following editing mistakes can be noticed in some of the Gold Move pictograms.
- In the pictogram for P1 and P2’s Gold Move 1, P2’s glow overlaps P3, resulting in a magenta and sky blue glow over the latter.
- In the pictogram for P3 and P4’s Gold Move 1, P3’s glow fades away around P2’s body, and its left arm blends into P2.
- The title card is shown bearing the Broadway typeface when the routine is played with a low internet connection.
- In the trailer for Season 1: Astral, the tarot cards dub the coaches as "The Water" for P1, "The Fire" for P2, "The Earth" for P3, and "The Air" for P4.
- In the preview, the pictograms are default-colored.
- In the preview, for a brief moment when the background is changing during the second chorus for the first time, half of P3 and P4 disappear.
- In the Just Dance Now .json file, the "OriginalJDVersion" string reads "9999".
- P1 is the only coach who does not spin during her part of the song.
Behind the Scenes
Official Music Video
|Read in Other Languages|
|Deutsch • Español • Français • Italiano • Português • Português do Brasil • Polski • Pусский • Română • Tagalog • Türkçe • 中文 • 日本語|