"Proud Mary", originally performed by Creedence Clearwater Revival (the version by Ike & Tina Turner is used in-game) is featured on Just Dance 2, Just Dance 3 (as an Xbox 360 exclusive downloadable track), Just Dance: Greatest Hits, Just Dance Unlimited, and Just Dance Now.
Appearance of the Dancer
The coach is a woman with orange hair. She wears turquoise earrings, a yellow fringed dress with two brown laces around her breasts, a golden bracelet on her wrist and a pair of bright turquoise pumps.
In the remake, the coach now has a completely different color scheme. She now has red hair, blue earrings, an orange and red fringe dress with red-brown laces around her breasts, a red bracelet, and blue pumps. Some facial features can still be visible.
The background is a stage with stage lights and orange and red light beams, giving it a showgirl stage feeling. In the Xbox 360 versions of Just Dance 3 and Just Dance: Greatest Hits, a city can be seen in the background.
The background in the remake looks more like it does in Just Dance 2, but the city from the Xbox 360 background can be seen.
There are 9 Gold Moves in this routine (7 in the remake):
Gold Moves 1, 3, 5, and 7 (Note): Spin in a clockwise direction.
Gold Moves 2, 4, 6, and 8 (Note): Spin in a counterclockwise direction.
Gold Move 9 (7 in the Remake): Put your hands up.
Proud Mary appears in the following Mashups:
Proud Mary appears in Puppet Master Modes in Just Dance 4. Here are the captions attributed to her dance moves:
- Slow Down
- Slow Snap
Appearances in Playlists
Proud Mary is featured in the following playlists:
Just Dance Now
- Easy Peasy Party
- All Songs K-R
- In Just Dance 2, there are a few mistakes in the lyrics:
- In "Rollin’ on a river", "Rollin’" and "on" are not separated the first time the line is displayed.
- "Worryin’" is misprinted as "Worry in" the first time it appears in the lyrics.
- "Keep" (from "Proud Mary/keep on burnin’") is misprinted as "keeps".
- "Pumped a lot of ’tane" is misinterpreted as "Pumped a lot of pain". The second time it is sung, an apostrophe is added before "pain".
- "’Til I hitched a ride" is misspelled as "till I hitched a ride" (accidentally spelled in lowercase) the first time it is sung.
- "If you got no money" is misprinted as "’cause you have no money".
- With the exception of the first one, all of these mistakes have been fixed in the remake.
- The following changes have been applied to the lyrics in the remake:
- "Worryin’/’Bout the way/Things/Might have been" is rewritten as "I was worryin’/’Bout the way/That things/Might have been".
- "Big wheels/Keep on turnin’/Proud Mary/Keep on burnin’" now appears as "Big wheel/Keep on turnin’/Ooh the Proud Mary/Keep on burnin’".
- "Ooh left a good job" has been changed to "Ooh I left a good job".
- The second time the line "Worryin’/’Bout the way/Things/Might have been" is sung, it appears as "Worryin’/’Bout the way/That things/Might have been".
- During the first version of the fast chorus, the lyrics read "Rollin’/Say we’re rollin’/Rollin’ on a river" instead of simply "Rollin’/Rollin’/Rollin’ on a river". In the second one, the positions of "Rollin’" and "Say we’re rollin’" are swapped.
- "Doh bap" has been changed to "River".
- "Cleaned a lot of plates/In Memphis" appears as "Cleaned a lot of plates/In Memphis y’all" the second time it is sung.
- "Oh Yeah!" has been altered to "Yeah Yeah!".
- "Bet you’re gonna find" has been extended to "Well I bet you’re gonna find".
- "People on a river/Are happy to give" has been corrected to "The people on the river/Are happy to give".
- "Say" from "Say rollin’" has been removed.
- While the coach performs the last three Gold Moves, four "Yeah!"’s in a row appear instead of two.
- A shortened version that removes part of the intro is used in-game.
- Proud Mary and When I Grow Up were used for a talent search.
- Proud Mary and Ninja Re Bang Bang hold the tied record for the second-most gold moves in one routine, with a total of 9 Gold Moves.
- However, Gold Move 8 is not counted as a move in Just Dance 2.
- Proud Mary is also the routine with the most Gold Moves on the Wii.
- In the menu square in Just Dance 2, the coach is flipped, resulting in her glove being on her left hand.
- In Just Dance 2 and Just Dance: Greatest Hits, despite the coach having a turquoise glove in the routine, the menu icon shows her with a green glove.
- Also, the arrows on the pictograms are green.
- The following differences can be seen between the early version of the remake and the final one released on Just Dance Unlimited.
- The number of counted moves has been reduced in the remake.
- The Just Dance Unlimited trailer for the Just Dance 2020 Celebration event lists the song with the song name and artist for Lump.
- Also, the Nintendo Switch notification for the event and the international versions of the Just Dance 2020 Celebration video mistakenly credits Nina Simone instead of Tina Turner.
- The pictograms from Just Dance 2 were also used instead of the remade ones.
- In Just Dance Unlimited, Proud Mary is shown with its Just Dance: Greatest Hits square.
- The album coach in Just Dance Unlimited uses the white fade effect from Just Dance 2014 and 2015.
- In Just Dance Unlimited, Proud Mary is listed as being from Just Dance 3 despite it being from Just Dance 2.
- This has been fixed as of an unknown date.
- The Just Dance Now preview uses the old pictograms instead of the remade ones.
|Read in Other Languages|
|Deutsch • Español • Français • Italiano • Português • Português do Brasil • Polski • Pусский • Română • Tagalog • Türkçe • 中文 • 日本語|