"Pump Up the Volume" by M|A|R|R|S (credited as M/A/R/R/S) was featured on Just Dance 2 as a downloadable track but became unavailable for purchase following the shutdown of the Wii Shop Channel on January 30, 2019. The song remains playable on Just Dance: Summer Party and Just Dance Unlimited.
- 1 Appearance of the Dancer
- 2 Background
- 3 Gold Moves
- 4 Appearances in Mashups
- 5 Captions
- 6 Trivia
- 7 Gallery
- 8 Videos
- 9 References
- 10 Site Navigation
Appearance of the Dancer
The dancer is a male astronaut with light blue hair. His suit is red and orange with light purple and white connections and a white and purple robot face on a light blue square. The inside of the suit is purple. He also has a light blue glove.
In the remake, he is in a darker shade of red and orange, his connections are now brown and red, his hair and glove are purple, and his robot face is now white, purple, and orange on a purple square. He also appears more realistic and has an orange outline.
The background appears to be a space layout. There are many flashing lights in lines that flash quickly. A small circle moves along to the DJ scratches.
In the remake, the background becomes green during a part, and blue in another, the circle is made considerably bigger, and the background nebula is made clearer. It gets more out of focus when the coach rotates his arms, and the asteroid is more reddish and less visible.
In addition, the dancer no longer shoots spheres but rather a fading light effect.
There are 2 Gold Moves in the routine, both of which are the same:
Both Gold Moves: Whip an 'infinity' sign with your right hand.
Pump Up the Volume appears in the following Mashups:
- Barbra Streisand
- Built For This (Robots)
- (I’ve Had) The Time Of My Life
Istanbul (Not Constantinople)
- Love You Like A Love Song
- What Makes You Beautiful
Pump Up the Volume appears in Puppet/Party Master Modes. Here are the captions attributed to his dance moves.
- Back To Front
- Man On The Moon
- Moon Walker
- Pump It Up
- Step From Space
- Along with Firework, Pon de Replay, and Barbie Girl, Pump Up the Volume was in the first DLC cycle in the entire history of the series.
- The following mistakes can be seen in the lyrics:
- "You’re gonna get yours" is misinterpreted as "We’re gonna get you".
- "Pump that bass" is misinterpreted as "Pump that baby".
- "Pump me up!" is misinterpreted as "Pump it ay" in Just Dance 2.
- The first time "Yeah yeah" is sung, the second Y is accidentally uppercase.
- "Gotta go now/Gotta gotta go now/Gotta go now", "Here we go, c’mon", "Watch me", "Let’s do it" and "Ow" are not displayed at all.
- In the remake, the first sentence is misinterpreted as "’Thout no doubt/’Thout ’thout no doubt/’Thout no doubt", and the penultimate one is misinterpreted as "Ow let’s do it". All the other mistakes, however, have been fixed.
- "Rhythmic, systematic, world control/Magnetic, genetic, demands your soul" is misinterpreted as "Rhythmic/Systemic and world control/Magnetic/Genetic/Dement your soul" in Just Dance 2.
- In the remake, it has been changed to "Automatic push-button remote control/Synthetic genetics/Command your soul". The former part appears as "Automatic soul but remote control" the third time it is sung and as "Automatic push-button automatic ’trol".
- "When the drum beats" is misinterpreted as "When the song beats" in Just Dance 2.
- A placeholder menu banner can be found in the Just Dance Unlimited servers.
- The coach and the background are a reference to the planet Mars, due to the fact that the artists are called M/A/R/R/S.
- The album coach in Just Dance Unlimited uses the white fade effect from Just Dance 2014 and 2015.
- In the Just Dance: Summer Party trailer, the coach is accidentally placed in front of the American Boy background. However, American Boy’s pictograms still appear.
- In the Just Dance 2 menu icon, the coach is mirrored.
- This has been fixed in the remade one.
- The coach appears in Built For This’s mashup, which has the theme "Robots", in spite of him not being a robot.
- According to the old Just Dance Now servers, the original set of lyrics was meant to be used instead of the renewed one that is seen in Just Dance Unlimited.
- In the Just Dance 2020 notification for the "Power Gala" event, the group’s name is stylized as "M|A|R|R|S".
- Unlike other tracks released during Season 2: Feel The Power, Pump Up the Volume was released on a Wednesday instead of a Thursday.
Official Music Video
- https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1i0ta7SynyQ (1:03)
|Read in Other Languages|
|Deutsch • Español • Français • Italiano • Português • Português do Brasil • Polski • Pусский • Română • Tagalog • Türkçe • 中文 • 日本語|