Appearance of the Dancers
P1 is the Traveler. He has blue hair and a mustache, and has a gold marking on his right eye. He wears a black beanie with a gold pin, a black cloak with a hood decorated with gold, geometric details. The inside of the cloak has a space pattern. He also wears a blue shirt with detailed sleeves, a gold necklace with a triangular design, a black belt with a chain, black pants, and black boots. He wears a golden gauntlet that lights up when he uses his abilities. He has an ethereal purple glow.
P2 is Si’Ha Nova. The dancer is a light blue-skinned alien. She has shoulder-length pink hair with a gold and dark blue triangle on her head that emits a bright glow when she touches it. She wears a golden dress, a golden choker, and golden bracelets. She wears a dark blue elbow-length glove with golden ring patterns on her left hand and a short magenta glove on her right hand. She also wears a pair of dark blue thigh-high boots with the same golden ring patterns on them. She also has a pink glowing outline.
The background alternates between mixes those of Levitating and Rock Your Body. You can see floating orbs from Levitating in Rock Your Body’s part. In the beginning, a blue portal opens showing the background of Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.). The Traveler steps out and makes a pink portal to Levitating's map, where Si'Ha steps out. Right before Ariana Grande’s part, the Traveler makes a portal to Levitating’s map. Levitating’s background includes the stairs and railings from Rock Your Body in Levitating’s part. At the end of the routine, the Traveler makes two last portals, a blue portal to the Levitating world and a pink portal to the Rock Your Body world. He and Si'Ha walk through the portals with their respective colors and they close.
There is 1 Gold Move in this routine:
Gold Move: While kneeling down, exchange hands with your partner and move upwards.
- Save Your Tears (Remix) is the fourth song by The Weeknd in the series.
- Save Your Tears (Remix) is the eleventh song by Ariana Grande in the main series.
- Save Your Tears (Remix) is the twelfth song in the series to use a remix instead of the original.
- Save Your Tears (Remix) was leaked on a game cover by Nintendo on their website along with Boss Witch, Good 4 U, Happier Than Ever, Jerusalema, Love Story (Taylor’s Version), and Mood.
- In the video "Full Song List | Just Dance 2022 [Official]", the song can be heard for two beats during Chandelier (Contemporary Dance Version)’s part, before the respective routine is shown.
- Save Your Tears (Remix) is the first multiplayer map for a song by The Weeknd.
- Save Your Tears (Remix) is the fifth Duet where both coaches are returning dancers, after Hungarian Dance No. 5, Water Me (Tennis Version), Sugar, Freeze Please, and Mini Yo School. However, it is the first one where all the coaches involved appear in maps that are all in the same game.
- It is also the first one where both coaches are performed by the same performers.
- Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.) can be seen at the start of the routine through the portal from which The Traveler appears, connecting that routine to the universe established in Save Your Tears (Remix).
- Save Your Tears (Remix)’s inclusion in Just Dance 2022 was confirmed by an Instagram story posted by the choreographers Cain Kitsais and Celine Rotsen’s official Instagram account @cain_celine.le_labo, which showed a picture of the coaches while tagging their respective performers.
- The pairing of Si’Ha Nova and The Traveler in this routine is referenced in the ending cutscene of Rock Your Body, where The Traveler opens a portal that leads to the background of Levitating.
- The two coaches can also be seen flying together at the end of the trailer for Season 4: The Traveler.
- The previews fade out about four seconds earlier than usual.
- The Traveler can be seen using a gray earring instead of a gold pin on the album coach.
- Save Your Tears (Remix) is 8 seconds shorter on Just Dance Now than on Just Dance 2022 due to the final part of the routine being cut off.