The song has an alternate routine titled "Cycling Version".
- 1 Appearance of the Dancer
- 2 Background
- 3 Gold Moves
- 4 Appearances in Playlists
- 5 Trivia
- 6 Gallery
- 7 Videos
- 8 References
- 9 Site Navigation
Appearance of the Dancer
The dancer is a woman with long, box-braided purple hair in a half-bun style. She wears a pair of orange goggles on the top her forehead, a gold visor, a yellow and pink turtleneck bra with a keyhole in the cleavage, a pair of black patent pants, a lavender garter belt with a knee protector on her right knee, and a pair of lavender high heel boots. Her pants flash bright lavender several times during the chorus. During Minaj’s verse, her skin turns black. The dancer herself seen on the TV screens have a different color scheme and are wearing the goggles. Sound effects like that of rain and machinery can be heard throughout the routine.
The routine starts off with a wall that has a circular window which opens up which reveals and takes place at a large, futuristic metropolitan city with tall screens featuring the dancer and another unknown man. The screens closest to the dancer fly away, revealing most of the city, which flashes different colors. While the city is orange, some circular, flashing disco light drones fly around. The platform that the dancer is on flashes pink. When the city turns blue, lightning strikes and blue shields flash around. After a short rainstorm, the screens fly up again. During the chorus, a giant machine with TV screens form then open up which reveal the dancer and unknown man doing different dances, then it flies away after the chorus.
During Minaj’s verse, some black walls close against the city, shielding most of everything and only revealing it through a circular window. Then the buildings featuring the dancer herself and the unknown man start to spin and the window turns transparent revealing what is happening to the buildings behind the dancer until it stops when Ariana's lines come up.
There are 3 Gold Moves in this routine, all of which are the same:
All Gold Moves: Jump left and push your hands down towards your hips.
Appearances in Playlists
Side to Side is featured in the following playlists:
Just Dance 2020
- Ready Player Dance
- Just Dance 2018
Just Dance Now
- Ready Player Dance
- All Songs S-Z
- Side to Side is the sixth song by Ariana Grande in the main series.
- It is also the seventh song by Nicki Minaj in the main series.
- The official clean version of the song is used in the game, in which "h*es", "d**k", "b**ches", and "f**ks" are censored.
- The line "let them h*es in" does not appear on the lyrics at all.
- The lyric "If you wanna menage, I got a tricycle" is referenced in the ESRB rating summary for the game.
- The last time "And boy"/"Got me walkin’ side to side" is sung, it appears as "Boy got me walkin’ side to side".
- In the E3 demo, Side to Side has a capitalization error where the letters "T" in "To" and "S" in the second "Side" were in lowercase, thus the song title is read as Side to side".
- The menu banner on 7th-Gen consoles is mirrored background from the menu icon.
- This was one of the songs selected for the digital qualifications of Just Dance World Cup 2019.
Behind the Scenes
Official Music Video
|Read in Other Languages|
|Deutsch • Español • Français • Italiano • Português • Português do Brasil • Polski • Pусский • Română • Tagalog • Türkçe • 中文 • 日本語|