Simon Says Mode is a feature that was first added on Just Dance 2. It later reappeared on Just Dance: Summer Party/Extra Songs, Just Dance 3, Just Dance Wii, Just Dance: Greatest Hits/Best Of, and Just Dance Wii 2.
On Just Dance 2 and Just Dance: Summer Party/Extra Songs, Simon Says Mode can be accessed under the "Dance Battle" section of the game. .
Simon Says Mode appears as the first unlockable for Just Dance 3 and can be unlocked by accumulating 15 stars in the game. The feature can be accessed through the "Unlockables" section at the top right-corner of the screen.
On Just Dance: Greatest Hits/Best Of, Simon Says Mode can be found to the left of Firework in the song selection menu.
Simon Says Mode is only available for solo routines. Normal scoring rules apply, with the following commands providing more opportunities for players to score.
If it is the first time you are playing in Simon Says Mode, a tutorial pop-up will be shown. In total, there are five types of Simon Says Mode commands:
- Don’t move, or you’ll lose points!
Simply freeze. In Just Dance 2, 10 points are deducted from the player’s current score for every instance of movement during this command. In addition to the point deduction system, in Just Dance 3, 500 points are awarded for a successful attempt. When this command ends, the screen will tell you how many times you moved and it will deduct points accordingly.
- Clap in rhythm to the song. Every time you clap on beat you’ll win 100 points.
Simply clap your hands to the rhythm; if you do a good job, you will get 200 points per clap. Otherwise, you get 0 points. On Just Dance 3, this command is exclusive to the Wii and PlayStation 3.
- Spin around once while spreading your arms. Do it right, and you’ll win 500 points.
Simply spin with both arms spread out. Perform well and you will be awarded with 1000 points. Otherwise, you get 0 points.
- Shake your Wii remote to fill up the gauge quickly.
Shake your body as vigorously as you can. On the Wii and PS3, shake your remote as hard as you can. If you do it well, you can get over 1200 points. If you stop shaking the remote, 0 points will be awarded. The command appears in Just Dance 3 and Just Dance Wii 2.
- Jump repeatedly to earn bonus points each time!
Jump up and down repeatedly as much as you can. This is an Xbox 360 exclusive of the feature on Just Dance 3.
- Simon Says is not featured in any Duets, Dance Crews or Mashups.
- The maximum score that can be achieved in Simon Says Mode is 23000, however this score is not saved.
- The pictogram in the Xbox 360 icon for the Shake command in Just Dance 3 looks very similar to the Gold Move pictograms for Baby Girl.
- In the Xbox 360 version of Just Dance: Greatest Hits, if you start a song without stepping in front of the Kinect and then pause the game, there is a possibility that the "Play Next Song" option will show a Duet. This is the only way to play Duets in Simon Says.
|Read in Other Languages|
|Deutsch • Español • Français • Italiano • Português • Português do Brasil • Polski • Pусский • Română • Tagalog • Türkçe • 中文 • 日本語|