Appearance of the Dancers
The duets are, in order of appearance:
- Hot n Cold/Rasputin
- Call Me Maybe/I Gotta Feeling
- PoPiPo (P3)/Built For This
- Drop the Mambo/Love Me Again
- California Gurls/Cake By The Ocean
- Hot n Cold/Rasputin
The background begins on a table featuring postcards, paper cut into a heart, a bouquet, and some easter eggs. The postcard's ribbon pops out of the screen, while the camera zooms into the postcard, featuring the coaches.
At the verses, the background features three rainbows (mainly pink and light blue) featuring Hot N Cold and Rasputin’s objects. During the dance, a limousine can be seen, with three balloons, two suitcases, a strip of cans, and little papers of letters shows "j-u-s-t m-a-r-r-i-e-d".
When "I don’t wanna be needing your love" is sung, the background changes into a light blue background, featuring a rose at the right, a striped light blue square at the top left, flying white balloons, and two lines featuring the dancers' objects.
During the chorus, the background transforms into two another lines featuring the dancer's objects, and postcards of the other dancers (light blue and pink) doing the choreography, with rose at the bottom left of the postcard, and rings at the top right of the postcard. At the bottom right of the screen, there are also postcards (colored in light green, link blue and pink) showing the other dancers' objects and the dancers interacting with each other.
When "Yeah you show me good loving" is sung, the background zooms into the light blue postcard, which also makes the dancers' transition. After this, the background keeps the same base, but with the postcards scrolling down and the one line of Call Me Maybe and I Gotta Feeling’s objects at the bottom left of the screen. At the left of the screen, there is also a black heart with a paper, in which "Sugar" is written on it, in curvise lettering.
During the bridge, the background turns into hearts and postcards, showing the pairs hugging or dancing with each other.
At the final time "Yeah you show me good loving" is sung, the background changes into a dark-blue background. There are roses and hearts and the sides of the backgrounds, and two Cupids at the top of it. Behind the dancers, the other pairs are dancing the choreography on wedding cakes.
Throughout the routine, the dancers have their own "object" at the background:
- Hot N Cold - High heel
- Rasputin - Top of a Russian castle
- Call Me Maybe - Rotary dial phone
- I Gotta Feeling - A panda with heart eyes
- PoPiPo - A carrot
- Built For This - A robot
- Drop The Mambo - A pineapple
- Love Me Again - A tie with a heart
- California Gurls - Kissing lips
- Cake By The Ocean - A codfish
There are 3 Gold Moves in this routine:
Gold Moves 1 and 2: Blow a kiss to the opposing dancer and move to the opposite side. P1 does it to the left and P2 does it to the right.
Gold Move 3: This is a Wave Gold Move that is first performed by P2 and then by P1.
- P2: Open your arms 90° in front of your body, as if you were telling P1 to come into your arms.
- P1: Jump onto P2.
Apperances in Playlists
Sugar is featured in the following playlists:
Just Dance 2019
- Happy Vibes
- Just Dance 2019 Hits
- Sweet Beats
- The 2010s Were Banging
- Declare Your Love!
Just Dance Now
- Declare Your Love!
- 500 Songs!
- Hall Of Fame
- All Songs S-Z
- Sugar is the fifth song by Maroon 5 in the series.
- The orchestral instrumental version of Sugar was used as one of the songs in Ubisoft’s E3 2018 press conference.
- “S**t” is censored.
- "Cause girl you’re hotter than a/Southern California day" is misinterpreted as "Cause girl you’re hotter than the/Southern California Bay".
- The audio of Sugar is off sync with the dance in the Just Dance 2019 full song list video.
- Sugar marks the third time that the coach from Rasputin is reused, after Hungarian Dance No. 5 and Y.M.C.A..
- The pictogram colors for Call Me Maybe, Drop The Mambo and Love Me Again are darker than in their respective original routines.
- Even though California Gurls’ shoes are pink in the remake, she wears orange shoes in this routine, just like in the original version.
- Although Gold Move 3 is a Wave Gold Move, it is represented by only one pictogram, and only one warning effect plays.
- Two editing mistakes can be seen in the pictograms.
- In Gold Moves 1 and 2, some brown pixels can be seen around P1’s heart emblem.
- In the pictogram before Gold Move 3, a small part of the outline P1’s right hand has not been erased correctly.
Behind The Scenes
Official Music Video
|Read in Other Languages|
|Deutsch • Español • Français • Italiano • Português • Português do Brasil • Polski • Pусский • Română • Tagalog • Türkçe • 中文 • 日本語|