The song also has a World Cup Champion Version.
On the 8th-generation console and Nintendo Switch versions of Just Dance 2018, Swish Swish was one of fifteen songs to be playable from the beginning.
Appearance of the Dancers
P1 is a man with a lavender cap and lavender dreadlocks that go around his neck like necklaces. He has purple sunglasses shaped as a circle, and wears yellow and black striped pants and sweater, similar to Katy Perry’s during her Saturday Night Live performance, colored with orange and black stripes. He has black sneakers.
P2 is a woman. She has split frizzy lavender and light teal hair with golden hamster ears and gold sunglasses. She has a black, and orange shirt and a pair of pink and lavender shorts. She wears a thick black jacket with orange and lavender plush dog heads from Chiwawa. She has knee-high orange socks with light teal fringes at the top with black bands to support it, and purple and light teal high heels.
P3 is a woman who has teal green skin. She has long blonde braided hair along with purple rectangular sunglasses. She has a navy top with two light teal stripes and a semi-transparent navy skirt with navy shorts underneath. She has knee-high lavender socks and is wearing a pair of orange and white platform shoes.
P4 has a bowler hat with a small orange bow around it and three light teal and black feathers sticking out. He has a short navy beard and a mustache along with shoulder-high navy hair. He has an orange flame-design monocle over his left eye. He has on a leather jacket with orange flame designs down the arms over a navy vest and a lavender shirt. He wears black pants with pink, black, and navy stripped knee-high socks over them. He wears light teal sneakers with orange flames coming up.
The background is inspired by the lyric video and some performances. Backdrop colors includes periwinkle, black, hot pink and a gradient of blue and purple. In some parts of the routine, the background turn completely black with nothing, The ground has a shape of a upside down 'T'. The routine appears to take place on a runway in front of a series of colorful neon rectangular frames that flash to the rhythm of the song. There are also multi-colored and monochrome swirls that melt off the background and squares. In some part of the routine we could see a monochrome trippy pattern.
There are 3 Gold Moves in this routine:
Gold Move 1: Raise your left elbow while moving forward.
Gold Move 2: Put your right hand in front of you and your left hand near your left shoulder while walking to the left. You have to exchange your arms consecutively.
Gold Move 3: This is a right-to-left Wave Gold Move:
- P1: Put your left hand on your hips and lift your right hand up and your left leg in front of the right leg.
- P2: Bend your body to your left side and put your left hand on your hips, make a 'stop' sign to the right side of your body and put your knees together.
- P3: Put your left hand down and put your right hand up and make a triangle sign with your right leg.
- P4: Make an obtuse angle with your hands and lean backwards.
Swish Swish is featured in the following playlists:
Just Dance 2020
Just Dance Now
- Swish Swish is the thirteenth song by Katy Perry in the Just Dance series.
- Swish Swish is the ninth song by Nicki Minaj in the Just Dance series.
- "F**k", "b**ch", "damn", "ass", "pimp", and "s**t" are censored. "N****" (in the line "I’ma tell my ... Biggz, yeah that’s the guy") was already censored in the official version of the song.
- In the game credits, the word "b**ch" in the name of Katy Perry’s publishing company, "When I’m Rich, You’ll Be My B**ch", is left uncensored, unlike how it is for all of the other songs by her (except for One of the Boys and 365).
- The song is shortened at the second chorus.
- Swish Swish’s preview on the official Just Dance YouTube channel is currently the most-viewed preview on the channel. As of December 3, 2018, it has 3,494,995 views.
- One of the moves is taken from the viral "Backpack Kid" dance, dubbed "The Floss", from Katy Perry’s Saturday Night Live performance of the track.
- Many moves are inspired by the Vogue, using elements like the Catwalk (chorus), the Hands performance and the Dip (at the end of the routine).
- The routine is inspired by Katy Perry’s Glastonbury medley performance for the song. The outfits of the dancers resemble the backup dancer’s outfits and the choreography is inspired by the backup dancer choreography.
- The puppet heads on P2’s jacket are recycled from Chiwawa.
- Swish Swish can be seen at various points in the official music video for the song.
- One pictogram has a faint white dot on the top of it.
- In the "Behind the scenes" of Swish Swish, P1 previously wore high heels.
- Additionally, it is revealed that P3’s skin was colored pink in order for her to not blend in with the green screen.
- Swish Swish is listed on the Just Dance Brazil website as "Swich Swich".
- On 7th-generation consoles, P2’s pose is flipped to the right instead of left on the coach selection menu.
- According to a Beta avatar used in the 7th-Gen version of the game, P4’s color scheme was a bit different: he had a black hat, pink and black feathers, a monocle with a black lens (instead of a blue-purple one), and lighter hair and beard.
- This Beta avatar also appears in the World Dance Floor for the 8th-Gen version.
- P1 appears in the background of High Hopes.
- P1 also makes an appearance in the background near the end of Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.).
Behind the Scenes
- For the complete Behind the Scenes video, see File:Swish Swish - Behind the Scenes (US).
Official Music Video
Behind the Scenes
|Read in Other Languages|
|Deutsch • Español • Français • Italiano • Português • Português do Brasil • Polski • Pусский • Română • Tagalog • Türkçe • 中文 • 日本語|