"Swish Swish" by Katy Perry featuring Nicki Minaj is featured on Just Dance 2018, Just Dance Now, Just Dance Unlimited, and Just Dance 2020 (All Stars Mode). There is also a VIPMADE routine, which is available on Just Dance Unlimited and Just Dance Now.
Appearance of the Dancers
P1 is a man with a lavender cap and lavender dreadlocks that go around his neck like necklaces. He has purple sunglasses shaped as a circle, and wears yellow and black striped pants and sweater, similar to Katy Perry’s during her Saturday Night Live performance, colored with orange and black stripes. He has black sneakers.
P2 has split frizzy lavender and light teal hair with golden ears and gold sunglasses. She has a navy, lavender, black, orange, and pink dress that ends around her legs. She wears a thick black jacket with orange and lavender dog heads from Chiwawa. She has knee-high orange socks with light teal fringes at the top with black bands to support it, and purple and light teal high heels.
P3 has neon green skin. She has long yellow braided hair along with purple rectangular sunglasses. She has a navy top with two light teal stripes and a semi-transparent navy skirt with navy shorts underneath. She has knee-high lavender socks and is wearing a pair of orange and white platform shoes.
P4 has a bowler hat with a small orange bow around it and three light teal and black feathers sticking out. He has a short navy beard and a mustache along with shoulder-high navy hair. He has an orange flame-design monocle over his left eye. He has on a leather jacket with orange flame designs down the arms over a navy vest and a lavender shirt. He wears black pants with pink, black, and navy stripped knee-high socks over them. He wears light teal sneakers with orange flames coming up.
P1 is the same as P1 of the Classic choreography, albeit wearing differently shaped sunglasses, and also is wearing a bracelet. He also has darker stripes of his outfit. He also has a lime green outline.
P2 is Umutcan Tütüncü. He is wearing a jeans coat over a red checkerboard shirt and a black T-shirt, a pair of jeans, shining blue glasses, and light blue sneakers. He also has a lime green outline.
The background is inspired by the lyric video and some performances. The routine appears to take place on a runway in front of a series of colorful neon squares that flash to the rhythm of the song. There are also multi-colored swirls that melt off the background and squares.
There are 3 Gold Moves in this routine:
Gold Move 1: Raise your left elbow while moving forward.
Gold Move 2: Put your right hand in front of you and your left hand near your left shoulder while walking to the left. You have to exchange your arms consecutively.
Gold Move 3: This is a right-to-left Wave Gold Move:
- P1: Put your left hand on your hips and lift your right hand up and your left leg in front of the right leg.
- P2: Bend your body to your left side and put your left hand on your hips, make a 'stop' sign to the right side of your body and put your knees together.
- P3: Put your left hand down and put your right hand up and make a triangle sign with your right leg.
- P4: Make an obtuse angle with your hands and lean backwards.
There are 2 Gold Moves in the VIPMADE routine:
Gold Move 1: Bend to the left, spin your hands fast and put them on your chest.
Gold Move 2: Perform a floss move by swinging your arms from the back to the front, and from your right side to your left.
- Swish Swish is the thirteenth song by Katy Perry in the Just Dance series.
- Swish Swish is the ninth song by Nicki Minaj in the Just Dance series.
- "F**k", "b**ch", "damn", "ass", "pimp", and "sh*t" are censored. "N***a" (in the line "I’ma tell my ... Biggz, yeah that’s the guy") was already censored in the official version of the song.
- However, "b**ch" is still slightly audible the second time it is sung.
- In the game credits, the word "b**ch" in the name of Katy Perry’s publishing company, "When I’m Rich, You’ll Be My B**ch", is left uncensored, unlike how it is for all of the other songs by her.
- The song is shortened at the second chorus.
- Swish Swish’s preview on justdancegame’s official YouTube channel currently holds the record for the preview with the most views on said channel. As of December 3, 2018, it has 3.494.995 views.
- One of the moves is taken from the viral "Backpack Kid" dance, dubbed "The Floss", from Katy Perry’s Saturday Night Live performance of the track.
- Many moves are inspired by the Vogue, using elements like the Catwalk (chorus), the Hands performance and the Dip (at the end of the routine).
- The routine is inspired by Katy Perry’s Glastonbury medley performance for the song. The outfits of the dancers resemble the backup dancer’s outfits and the choreography is inspired by the backup dancer choreography.
- The puppet heads on P2’s jacket are recycled from Chiwawa.
- Swish Swish can be seen at various points in the official music video for the song.
- One pictogram has a faint white dot on the top of it.
- In the "Behind the scenes" of Swish Swish, P1 previously wore high heels.
- Additionally, it is revealed that P3’s skin was colored pink in order for her to not blend in with the green screen.
- Swish Swish is listed on the Just Dance Brazil website as "Swich Swich".
- On 7th-gen consoles, P2’s pose is flipped to the right instead of left on the coach selection menu.
- According to a Beta avatar used in the 7th-Gen version of the game, P4’s color scheme was a bit different: he had a black hat, pink and black feathers, a monocle with a black lens (instead of a blue-purple one), and lighter hair and beard.
- This Beta avatar also appears in the World Dance Floor for the 8th-Gen version.
- P1 appears in the background of High Hopes.
- Swish Swish (VIPMADE) is the third alternate routine that is not featured in the same game as the Classic version, after Chiwawa and Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go.
- Swish Swish (VIPMADE) is the Duet with the highest count of unique pictograms (108) in the series.
- Swish Swish (VIPMADE) is the only VIPMADE in the series whose code name ends with the suffix "ALT" (like every other Alternate routine) instead of "VIP".
- In a Behind the Scenes video, one can see an unknown mockup screenshot that features Je sais pas danser and P2 and P4 from Despacito.
- P2’s coach selection image originally had the Just Dance World Cup 2019 logo on the left. This detail has been removed in the final version.
- At the beginning of the routine, P1 and P2 can be seen in their final poses seen in Swish Swish (Classic) and HandClap (FANMADE).
- In one of the pictograms, a white dot can be seen slightly above P2’s arrow emblem.
- When the routine was first added on January 17, 2019, it had one-day-only free access.
- When Swish Swish was first added to Just Dance Now, the pictograms and lyrics were not synced with the video file.
- On Just Dance Now, the VIPMADE banner is different than on Just Dance Unlimited: it is pink with the dancers’s names blue instead of orange for both, and it only appears at the beginning and end of the routine.
- The banner was later updated on Just Dance Now.
Behind the Scenes
- For the complete Behind the Scenes video, see File:Swish Swish - Behind the Scenes (US).
Official Music Video
Behind the Scenes
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 https://www.instagram.com/p/BV7K12KBzww/
- ↑ https://youtu.be/Z18eMqK9BMM?t=3m16s
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cx1pQiETQm4
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R17D_oP2IuI
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaHUGQ4DttY
- ↑ https://youtu.be/iGk5fR-t5AU?t=2m41s
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZPSiAmwS88&app=desktop
|Read in Other Languages|
|Deutsch • Español • Français • Italiano • Português • Português do Brasil • Polski • Pусский • Română • Tagalog • Türkçe • 中文 • 日本語|