"That’s the Way (I Like It)" by KC and the Sunshine Band is featured on Just Dance, Just Dance 3 (as a downloadable track), Just Dance Now, and Just Dance Unlimited. It was also planned to appear on Just Dance: Greatest Hits/Best Of, but was scrapped for unknown reasons.
- 1 Appearance of the Dancer
- 2 Background
- 3 Gold Moves
- 4 Appearances in Mashups
- 5 Captions
- 6 Appearances in Playlists
- 7 Trivia
- 8 Gallery
- 9 Videos
- 10 References
- 11 Site Navigation
Appearance of the Dancer
The dancer is a man. He has an orange afro, and he wears a red and orange jumper with a wide collar and puffy sleeves with white stars, orange pants with other white stars, a red belt, and red shoes.
His color scheme is heavily changed on Just Dance Now, his afro is now brown and his suit is brown and golden.
The color scheme of the coach was originally dark fuchsia for the hair and the torso area, and the rest of the outfit was light blue instead of the brown and golden suit shown in the final remake.
The background is mostly green, with a wavy light green, dark green, and white line. There are big white stars and small spinning stars on each side. There is also a spinning disco ball that shines.
The background is updated, with bigger spinning stars floating either up and down or side to side. The lines now shine too. There are also two green bumps on each side.
The background is now mostly red and orange and has been entirely remade. There is a big red, purple, and orange wave that goes up and down. There is also now a purple and blue center, with orange and red "rays" spinning around it. There are also red and white stars on each side. Behind everything is a flashing purple background.
There are 5 Gold Moves in this routine from Just Dance 3 onwards, all of which are the same:
All Gold Moves: Raise your arms in a flex position.
That’s the Way (I Like It) appears in the following Mashups:
- Ain’t No Mountain High Enough (Funky)
- Fancy (Retro Men)
- Love You Like A Love Song
- Mas Que Nada
- What Makes You Beautiful
That’s the Way (I Like It) appears in Puppet/Party Master Modes. Here are the captions attributed to his dance moves:
- 70’s Lock
- Flower Planter
- Flower Power
- Funky Baby
- Hair Do
- Hello Baby
That’s the Way (I Like It) is featured in the following playlists:
Just Dance Now
- In the Amazon page for Just Dance, the group’s name is spelled as "Kc & The Sunshine Band".
- As opposed to every previous game that featured That’s the Way (I Like It), Just Dance Now and Just Dance Unlimited capitalize every word in the song title and spell the group’s name as "KC & The Sunshine Band" instead of "KC and the Sunshine Band".
- That’s the Way (I Like It) has the most animated background out of any routine in Just Dance.
- That’s the Way (I Like It) is the second song (after Step By Step) that debuted in Just Dance to return in Just Dance Now.
- In the Just Dance 3 and the remade routine, there is a male voice that says "Let’s groove, let’s boom, let’s dance!" at the beginning of the routine.
- That’s the Way (I Like It) is the first remade routine to feature spoken speech before the song starts.
- It is also the first one overall.
- The files for the Just Dance 3 version have been found in Just Dance: Greatest Hits.
- In the Just Dance Now remake, the coach was intended to appear with a different color scheme (dark fuchsia and light blue instead of brown and golden, respectively). The background was also in a lighter shade.
- His facial expressions are also more visible on the Beta square.
- In the original Just Dance Unlimited preview for the routine, the Beta background is used, and the coach is absent.
- A sticker of the stars in the background can be unlocked in Just Dance 2020 by dancing to Bangarang (Extreme Version) three times.
Official Music Video
|Read in Other Languages|
|Deutsch • Español • Français • Italiano • Português • Português do Brasil • Polski • Pусский • Română • Tagalog • Türkçe • 中文 • 日本語|