The Hip Hop Dance Experience is a video game developed by iNiS and Land Ho! and released by Ubisoft. The game was released for the Wii and Xbox 360.
Bring the dance floor home and dance to genre-defining classics through today’s Billboard hits, featuring hip-hop’s biggest and most exciting artists over the past 30 years.
PLUG YOURSELF INTO THE HIP-HOP UNIVERSE
- Perform over 750 dance moves inspired by top celebrity choreographers, Laurieann Gibson (Nicki Minaj’s choreographer), Kid David (Step Up 3D, Dancing with the Stars), and Dave Scott (So You Think You Can Dance, Battle of the Year).
- Authentic music video and live performance footage, paired with dynamic visual effects triggered by your movements, transform your living room into a real-time music video.
- Stylize your avatar in-game by unlocking hundreds of new looks and accessories to better express your personal fashion sense.
MULTIPLE AND UNIQUE MODES OF PLAY
Intelligent shuffle features high-energy multiplayer challenges for endless fun!
- In Dance Party mode, jump in at any time with your own difficulty level and light up the dance floor with your favorite dance partner.
- Face off with your friends to a high-energy throw-down in the Dance Battle mode to prove who has the best dance skills.
- Slow down any move and perfect it in the Power Skooling mode.
- In the Dance Marathon mode, dance to an endless stream of tracks to keep the score moving, or it’s Game Over!
The tracklist features 30 songs on the Wii version and 40 songs on the Xbox 360 version. Note that the difficulties and songs are from the Xbox 360 version.
- An (XB) indicates the song only appears on the Xbox 360 version.
|1, 2 Step||Ciara ft. Missy Elliott||3||4||2004|
|Airplanes||B.o.B ft. Hayley Williams of Paramore||3||2010|
|Bad Girls (XB)||M.I.A.||N/A||4||2012|
|Blow The Whistle (XB)||Too $hort||N/A||5||2006|
|Danger (Been So Long)||Mystikal feat. Nivea||4||2||2000|
|Day ‘n’ Nite||Kid Cudi||1||2008|
|Down||Jay Sean feat. Lil Wayne||5||2||2009|
|Drop It Like It’s Hot||Snoop Dogg feat. Pharrell Williams||2||3||2004|
|Got Your Money (XB)||Ol' Dirty Bastard feat. Kelis||N/A||4||1999|
|Hard||Rihanna feat. Jeezy||1||4||2009|
|Hip Hop Hooray||Naughty by Nature||4||2||1993|
|Hot in Herre||Nelly||3||2||2002|
|If It Isn’t Love||New Edition||3||1988|
|Ignition (Remix)||R. Kelly||3||2003|
|International Love||Pitbull feat. Chris Brown||2||3||2011|
|It Takes Two (XB)||Rob Base feat. DJ E-Z Rock||N/A||5||1988|
|It’s Tricky (XB)||Run-D.M.C.||N/A||5||1987|
|Lean Back||Terror Squad feat. Fat Joe and Remy Ma||2||3||2004|
|Lollipop||Lil Wayne feat. Static Major||4||2008|
|Look at Me Now||Chris Brown feat. Busta Rhymes and Lil Wayne||3||1||2011|
|Me & U (XB)||Cassie||N/A||3||2006|
|Moment 4 Life||Nicki Minaj feat. Drake||3||2||2010|
|Rapper’s Delight (XB)||The Sugarhill Gang||N/A||3||1979|
|Return of the Mack||Mark Morrison||3||2||1996|
|Run It!||Chris Brown feat. Juelz Santana||2||2005|
|Say Aah||Trey Songz feat. Fabolous||2||2010|
|Sexy And I Know It||LMFAO||4||2||2011|
|She Wants to Move||N.E.R.D||3||4||2004|
|Wild Ones||Flo Rida feat. Sia||4||3||2011|
|Work Hard, Play Hard (XB)||Wiz Khalifa||N/A||4||2012|
|You’re a Jerk||New Boyz||5||4||2009|
Choreographers: Laurieann Gibson, Dave Scott, and Kid David
Resources can be found here
Platforms: Wii, Xbox 360
Content descriptors: Lyrics, Partial Nudity, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol and Tobacco
Rating Summary: This is a rhythm-and-dance simulation game in which players perform dance routines to music from popular hip-hop artists. Players score points by imitating the movements of on-screen characters. Some song lyrics contain suggestive material or innuendo (e.g., “Once I get you out them clothes/Privacy is on the door/Still they can hear you screamin' more,” “Shawty wanna hump/You know I like to touch ya lovely lady lumps,” “I got passion in my pants”). A handful of lyrics also reference illicit substances (e.g., “The lonely stoner seems to free his mind at night,” “Make your body rise like you're puffin' on a joint though”). The word “sh*t” can also be heard in a handful of songs. During some background music videos, scantily clad performers execute provocative dance moves or acts (e.g., gyrating female dancers; a male singer shaking his crotch at the camera); a couple of videos briefly depict women with exposed breasts (i.e., pasties covering their nipples). Other videos depict performers smoking cigars or drinking champagne/beer.
Resources can be found here
Platforms: Wii, Xbox 360
Content descriptors: Sex, Bad Language
Rating Summary: Music video game in which the player is required to follow the on-screen dance moves.
Consumer Advice: Contains occasional use of mild bad (Wii)/offensive (Xbox 360) language and sexual posturing
- This is the second game developed by iNiS Corporation, after The Black Eyed Peas Experience.
- It is followed by Just Sing.
- The Xbox 360 version has three difficulties: Newbie, Mack Skillz and Go Hard.
- The Wii version, however, has one pre-selected difficulty of any of the three dificulties.
- Just like The Black Eyed Peas Experience, the Xbox 360 version is powered by Unreal Engine 3.
- This is the second game to be rated T by the ESRB and 12 by PEGI in the series, after The Black Eyed Peas Experience.
- The Hip Hop Dance Experience is the first and only game, where the lyrics of the songs don't show.
|Read in Other Languages|
|Deutsch • Español • Français • Italiano • Português • Português do Brasil • Polski • Pусский • Română • Tagalog • Türkçe • 中文 • 日本語|